Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-06-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: Hello All
(19-06-2012 10:59 AM)Spivey May Wrote:  I can't tell you how glad I am to find this place. As an
atheist in Rural Utah, I feel like an outcast. I have always been an atheist, but
because my family doesn't go to the LDS church, (and to make it worse, any church), it is starting to affect
my daughter's friendships.

It is good to
know there is support out there.

Welcome aboard Spivey May - I think you'll enjoy it here.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
19-06-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey peeps, new to the forum.

I'm 37 and have been an atheist since I was 17, was brought up as a catholic but soon grew out of that bs.

Pleased to meet you all.
[+] 2 users Like Bogz's post
19-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I am a soon to be retired British soldier, who until I watched an episode of Waterloo Road about Creationists a few years back was a relatively quiet Atheist.

Now I have Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens (RIP), Thunderf00t and Bill Maher to look forward to.
19-06-2012, 06:13 PM
(19-06-2012 05:25 PM)MikeB Wrote:  I am a soon to be retired British soldier, who until I watched an episode of Waterloo Road about Creationists a few years back was a relatively quiet Atheist.

Now I have Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens (RIP), Thunderf00t and Bill Maher to look forward to.
Hey Welcome to the forum.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
20-06-2012, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 06:47 PM by SoulReaper113.)
Um...hi everyone. This isn't something I usually do, I'm horrendously anti-social. But I want to get more use to people so...here I am!

I'm a twenty one year old college student in Kansas, said to be a Red State but I only know of one religious person over here. When it comes to family beliefs there's no real unanimous agreement; I'm an Atheist, my brother and Sister are agnostic, my Mother's beliefs are rather vague but she seems to be leaning towards Atheism every new day, my Father is a Christian but doesn't make a big deal out of it, and my Father's wife (really nice and fun person) comes from Fundamentalist Christan parents who think we're all Hell bound sinners (her own beliefs I'm not aware of).

I'm a nerd who spends most of his life on a computer, playing video games, and aspires to become a writer. That's pretty much all there is to know about me and my family unless you ask about more specific things...ta-daaaa!

Wait, only God can make you moral? Huh But committing genocide looks like a lot of work!
20-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Hey there, names Paul and I'm new ^_^

I'm not sure if this is going to work or not. I have tried to post a reply into a different thread and I haven't seen what I posted yet :/

Do moderators have to analyze each post?

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
20-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Hello?
(Testing, testing)
Is this thing working? lol

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
20-06-2012, 07:17 PM
(20-06-2012 06:35 PM)SoulReaper113 Wrote:  Um...hi everyone. This isn't something I usually do, I'm horrendously anti-social. But I want to get more use to people so...here I am!

I'm a twenty one year old college student in Kansas, said to be a Red State but I only know of one religious person over here. When it comes to family beliefs there's no real unanimous agreement; I'm an Atheist, my brother and Sister are agnostic, my Mother's beliefs are rather vague but she seems to be leaning towards Atheism every new day, my Father is a Christian but doesn't make a big deal out of it, and my Father's wife (really nice and fun person) comes from Fundamentalist Christan parents who think we're all Hell bound sinners (her own beliefs I'm not aware of).

I'm a nerd who spends most of his life on a computer, playing video games, and aspires to become a writer. That's pretty much all there is to know about me and my family unless you ask about more specific things...ta-daaaa!
Most of us hate other people too, so you should fit right in! Evil_monster

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
20-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I love this place! It's like I died and went to nowhere!

Hello everybody. I de-converted in high school. I stayed a closet atheist until I couldn't take living a lie any more and came out. Since then being honest to everybody and myself has been amazing! I'm now a happy atheist enjoy my group in my home town and life in general.

Traded the earth based theology, for the mind blowing, immense beautiful cosmos.

For me there isn't an atheistic world view. Instead I'd suggest I have a cosmic view.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
21-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Hello like-minded Atheists!
I've been an atheist for a few years now - realized the only reason I believed in any God was because everybody around me did and told me it was the 'right' thing to do - looked at it from a logical point of view and became an atheist... Not many people around where I live care one way or another for what religion which person is (Surprising... I live in an area thought of as a stereotypical rural area - "get off my lawn" while holding a shotgun sort of thing), but there are a few people who are very hardcore Christian/Catholic/Presbyterian. When I get incredibly bored, I tend to go to a gas station/store and happen to 'let it slip' that I'm an atheist, and watch people try to convert me on the spot - usually realizing twenty minutes later that they have somewhere to be. About a year and a half ago I met Atothetheist, we discovered the other was an atheist, and have since been in contact with each other. The main other information you may wish to know about me would be interests, and I would say I'm an avid reader and am trying to become a software programmer, while receiving help from yet another friend of mine who is an atheist. If I can, I will attempt to point this forum out to him and see if he would be willing to join it...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ChaoticAscension's post
Thread Closed