Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-06-2012, 12:28 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(20-06-2012 06:53 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Hello?
(Testing, testing)
Is this thing working? lol
Hey Smile

Mods approve your first post - it's a crude bot filter - they still seem to get through - either because they're good bots who make a sufficiently ambiguous post that the mods don't wanna reject someone out of hand, or because they damn mods want to fuck with us. I'm leaning towards second option at the moment Tongue

Anyway welcome Smile

BTW after that first post no more approval is needed...
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-06-2012, 12:30 AM
(21-06-2012 12:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-06-2012 06:53 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Hello?
(Testing, testing)
Is this thing working? lol
Hey Smile

Mods approve your first post - it's a crude bot filter - they still seem to get through - either because they're good bots who make a sufficiently ambiguous post that the mods don't wanna reject someone out of hand, or because they damn mods want to fuck with us. I'm leaning towards second option at the moment Tongue

Anyway welcome Smile

BTW after that first post no more approval is needed...

The Mods are BOTS!!!!!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Hey, I'm kind of new to this community just discovered the podcasts a couple weeks ago.

I'm 22, from Ontario, Canada and to put it simply my BS meter went off the scales when I started trying to learn basic physics principals around the age of 10. Now I work in TV in the GTA and thankfully most of the people I work with seem to think as I do.

- Bil

Bil

"Imagination allows us to escape the predictable. It enables us to reply to the common wisdom that we cannot soar by saying 'JUST WATCH' ."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Yay! Thank you guys for the nice welcome ^_^

Now lets get to discussing!!!

n stuff

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
21-06-2012, 02:11 PM
(21-06-2012 12:06 AM)ChaoticAscension Wrote:  Hello like-minded Atheists!
I've been an atheist for a few years now - realized the only reason I believed in any God was because everybody around me did and told me it was the 'right' thing to do - looked at it from a logical point of view and became an atheist... Not many people around where I live care one way or another for what religion which person is (Surprising... I live in an area thought of as a stereotypical rural area - "get off my lawn" while holding a shotgun sort of thing), but there are a few people who are very hardcore Christian/Catholic/Presbyterian. When I get incredibly bored, I tend to go to a gas station/store and happen to 'let it slip' that I'm an atheist, and watch people try to convert me on the spot - usually realizing twenty minutes later that they have somewhere to be. About a year and a half ago I met Atothetheist, we discovered the other was an atheist, and have since been in contact with each other. The main other information you may wish to know about me would be interests, and I would say I'm an avid reader and am trying to become a software programmer, while receiving help from yet another friend of mine who is an atheist. If I can, I will attempt to point this forum out to him and see if he would be willing to join it...
Nice! I knew you would love it,bro~! welcome.... to HELLL Drinking Beverage

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
21-06-2012, 03:21 PM
(20-06-2012 07:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Most of us hate other people too, so you should fit right in! Evil_monster

Are you tryin' to confuse my fellow Kansan?
Don't make me go all prairie on your ass. Dodgy

Hi SoulReaper - yup - for some, vague is as explicit as it gets in Kansas. Which, you might come to find, is not all that bad. Wink

Lots of interesting ideas and discussion going on here... don't be hesitant to jump right in. An aspiring writer, huh? Swell. That might require readers - you might get to know a few here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Recovering Catholic. Left the church in 2004 when it became so overtly politically in bed with the fundie religious right. Deconverted from Christianity in 2008 from the culmination of hating the rise of bat sh*t crazy rightwing religious mumbo jumbo along with discovering atheists on the Internet such as TTA, The Atheist Experience, Ev1d3nc3, BionicDance, TJ The Amazing Atheist, DPRJones, Thunderf00t, and AronRa. It was so refereshing finding such a vibrant community. I am still "in the closet" about my Atheism except to my close friends, and my spouce of course who is kind of an agnostic deist leaning towards atheism.
Even as a Christian, I never rejected Evolution. One of the benefits of attending Catholic Parochial School was it's promotion of learning science fact in Science Class. Even The Big Bang was accepted as likely true. Bible literalism was never part of my indoctrination. The role of God as Creator was never in dispute, and the Church dealt with this "compatibility" with science by stating that Science teaches us HOW things work in the Unverse; God tells us WHY. So, at least there was recognition that the Bible was not a science book. I was never hindered or disuaded from embracing science - in fact, it was very much encouraged, for what better way to come to know God than to know how His creation works. Thankfully, Religion class was always separate from all other classes. No nonsense like a math test that asks "If 12 apostles catch 3 fish per hour and eat consume 1 loaf of bread a day, how many loaves of bread must Jesus multiply to feed them for 7 days" - hahhahah. In many respects, I am appreciative of the education I received due to the hard work of nuns and Jesuits. However, that was the past and I dare say, it may be more fundie-like now days.
My Atheism does not define me, but is an important aspect of my life. I am very much for Separation of Church and State, TAX THE CHURCHES, and Freedom Of and From Religion.
[+] 2 users Like TerminusDeus's post
21-06-2012, 06:09 PM
(21-06-2012 03:21 PM)kim Wrote:  
(20-06-2012 07:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Most of us hate other people too, so you should fit right in! Evil_monster

Are you tryin' to confuse my fellow Kansan?
Don't make me go all prairie on your ass. Dodgy
Shouldn't that be Kansasonian?

I'm not sure what it means to go prairie on someone's ass, but I puckered a little when I read that. Blush

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Welcome one and all to the new names and the people they represent.

~Izel
21-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Hello everyone, I'm Alexander (or Sasha for short). I was an Orthodox Christian, and sang in the church choir, conducted home services and stuff. I also had anxiety problems, and realized when I was eighteen that I'd been lying to myself about a lot of things — including my beliefs. So nowadays I'm learning to be more honest, at least with myself. I also write words and computer code and what not, and play guitar, and learn stuff.

I suppose that's as nutshelly as you might want me... me in a nutshell... shell... I dunno. Cool
Thread Closed