Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
04-07-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(04-07-2012 06:00 PM)Greyaxe Wrote:  
(04-07-2012 03:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So your wife won't let you wear your fundoshi around the house either, huh?
Nope its boxers or briefs only. Mostly it bugs me she reinforces the notion of god on my children.

Give your kids more credit. They got a wall to sound things off in you. Worked for mine. Wink

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the site, been an open Atheist most of my life. Thought I'd drop in and say hi, this is a good looking forum.
04-07-2012, 08:35 PM
(04-07-2012 07:07 PM)Rad Wrote:  Hello everyone!

I'm new to the site, been an open Atheist most of my life. Thought I'd drop in and say hi, this is a good looking forum.
Welcome, dive in the water's fine.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2012, 07:21 AM
(04-07-2012 06:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-07-2012 06:00 PM)Greyaxe Wrote:  Nope its boxers or briefs only. Mostly it bugs me she reinforces the notion of god on my children.

Give your kids more credit. They got a wall to sound things off in you. Worked for mine. Wink
True. I can only hope between school, and me they will grow up to be rational humans.
05-07-2012, 03:09 PM
My family migrated to Canada from Vietnam after the war. My English is not that great so please be patient.My parents were Buddhists, thought I don't think they really believed, probably just a cultural thing.I attended an Anglican church from about 7 to 16 years of age. My path was simple: went to church + taught certain things about God + read the bible(ALL of it) + the God according to the bible seem very different than the God described in Sunday school + feeling like I was lied to = Atheism.
[+] 2 users Like xieulong's post
05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm new to the site (but have been an atheist most of my life). Love the look of the forums and the website is packed full of great stuff! My wife and I are both RNs and have a small farm that we share with our Alaskan Malamutes and hoofed creatures. Looking forward to meeting some like-minded people here to converse with.
05-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Welcome new members Smile Share the joy of no-God, the unGod of nothing. It is proper not to worship the emptiness, one might say... unGodly Tongue By praying for nothing, you don't obey the wishes of no-God, and nothing is not pleased...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
(05-07-2012 03:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome new members Smile Share the joy of no-God, the unGod of nothing. It is proper not to worship the emptiness, one might say... unGodly Tongue By praying for nothing, you don't obey the wishes of no-God, and nothing is not pleased...
Is nothing not sacred?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Hi,
I am a believer, but have issues with many other believers. I feel that they do not represent what Christianity is all about... The majority anyhow. When I hear of Christians protesting Muslims , Same sex marriage... I am embarrassed. Jesus was not one who harassed people, he said what he had to say and moved on. I am here because I am not one who just has blind faith.... I like to challenge myself and continually question things. I am not here to convert anyone or be rude in anyway. I love to discuss politics, science...and I don't want to just push my view, my goal is to know truth, not to just confirm what I think to be true. I dont think we will ever have all the answers we are looking for, but in the time being, i just examine the evidence and decide, is there more evidence for a creator...or not... At this point, I feel there is . Thank you... Have great evening everyone!!' .
06-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Hey I'm an atheist in the frozen lands of Canada, I live with my family and four polar bears.
I can't say I've been an Atheist my whole life, since I had two akward years where I beleived in a very confused and strange god, that was a mix of about, four religions.]
I'm 18 as of now and have just gotten interested in the online Atheist community and laughing at creationists.
Thread Closed