Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-07-2012, 10:22 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(25-07-2012 10:18 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  
(25-07-2012 10:10 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I'll be happy to school you, Padawan... But The Force, it seems you do not have.

Being funny, I was. No need to bitch at me, I think.

I am pretty sure you are a sexxy beast, just waiting to come out and prance.Drinking Beverage

Moving on.....

Edit: fucking iPad hates Star Wars... Editting to the correct spellings.

Ah, sorry. I honestly wasn't sure if you were being antagonistic or not. Some forums are like that. You've won me over with Star Wars references though.

Yeah, sorry. Twas not my intention. Most of us joke around on here, and we really aren't that bad, unless you have batshit crazy beliefs ( Unless you think you are a Jedi, then you are an Honorary Badass)
Big Grin

Enjoy your stay here, be sure to ask questions, and we shall reserve a baby for you....

Any preferances?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
25-07-2012, 10:26 PM
(25-07-2012 10:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-07-2012 10:11 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  I hope so, I don't anywhere else. Big Grin

That's what she said???

There's at least one more ex-cultist from the land of the maple leaf and hot curling babes.

No, she said OMG you're not going to fit ANYWHERE!

Seriously though, no more of a cult than any other christian denomination, I'd say.

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
[+] 1 user Likes Pavlov's_Ape's post
25-07-2012, 10:30 PM
(25-07-2012 10:22 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(25-07-2012 10:18 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  Ah, sorry. I honestly wasn't sure if you were being antagonistic or not. Some forums are like that. You've won me over with Star Wars references though.

Yeah, sorry. Twas not my intention. Most of us joke around on here, and we really aren't that bad, unless you have batshit crazy beliefs ( Unless you think you are a Jedi, then you are an Honorary Badass)
Big Grin

Enjoy your stay here, be sure to ask questions, and we shall reserve a baby for you....

Any preferances?

Medium rare, and a double serving of hands. I have a rumbling in my stomach that only baby hands will satisfy.

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
25-07-2012, 11:30 PM
(25-07-2012 10:18 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  
(25-07-2012 10:10 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I'll be happy to school you, Padawan... But The Force, it seems you do not have.

Being funny, I was. No need to bitch at me, I think.

I am pretty sure you are a sexxy beast, just waiting to come out and prance.Drinking Beverage

Moving on.....

Edit: fucking iPad hates Star Wars... Editting to the correct spellings.

Ah, sorry. I honestly wasn't sure if you were being antagonistic or not. Some forums are like that. You've won me over with Star Wars references though.

A2 is like our ferocious attack pug. You might think you heard a snarl until you realize what a cute widdle puggy puffie he is. Awwwwww Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-07-2012, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 12:21 AM by Atothetheist.)
(25-07-2012 11:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-07-2012 10:18 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  Ah, sorry. I honestly wasn't sure if you were being antagonistic or not. Some forums are like that. You've won me over with Star Wars references though.

A2 is like our ferocious attack pug. You might think you heard a snarl until you realize what a cute widdle puggy puffie he is. Awwwwww Big Grin

*wags his tail a little*

Just doing my job! Tongue

Now give me a treat Dodgy before I pee on the carpet Tongue
Thanks Erx, I love pugs and bulldogs... Though I do come a little hard down on religion... Nice to know I am a cute little doggy!

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
26-07-2012, 07:18 PM
My name is Charles, I'm a 38 year old Canadian male. I cannot recall ever believing in god, though I've certainly had my share of magical thinking, and I have strong evidence that my memory has significant gaps in it, so it's entirely possible that I did at one point believe.

I suspect (from the strength of my anger) that I told about god by a person whom I trusted, because deceit is a huge trigger for me.Angry

My 'purpose' in life (self-assigned) is to create a space where people can feel Safe, Accepted and Worthy. Perhaps you can see why the core tenet of 'salvation' is so repulsive to me. Smile

I've been listening to TTA for a couple years now, and I'm constantly impressed by the videos. "Welcome to this world" is incredibly powerful and affects me emotionally every time I see it. The ideas expressed in it are completely antithetical to my purpose in life. I also have a bit of a soft spot for babies, especially since Sept. 3, 2008. The happiest?, most fulfilling? day of my life. The day my baby girl was born and died.Heart I'll not go into the details here, though I'm happy to talk about her to anyone who wishes. I am still her proud father, after all!Big Grin

I've finally decided to join the TTA community after listening to Sye Ten Bruggencate's frustrating appearance. Apologists can be very interesting, presuppositional apologists are not.

I want to thank Seth and everyone who makes the TTA possible. I truly enjoy listening to happy, well-spoken, reasonable people, and Seth's voice is a pleasure to hear.

Charles

"The first atoms that came together had to have intelligence in their dna, otherwise we wouldn't have intelligence because dna is the home of our genes that dictate who we are. Therefore, if the first atoms who came together had intelligence in their dna."
26-07-2012, 08:42 PM
(26-07-2012 07:18 PM)BusterFixxitt Wrote:  My name is Charles, I'm a 38 year old Canadian male. I cannot recall ever believing in god, though I've certainly had my share of magical thinking, and I have strong evidence that my memory has significant gaps in it, so it's entirely possible that I did at one point believe.

I suspect (from the strength of my anger) that I told about god by a person whom I trusted, because deceit is a huge trigger for me.Angry

My 'purpose' in life (self-assigned) is to create a space where people can feel Safe, Accepted and Worthy. Perhaps you can see why the core tenet of 'salvation' is so repulsive to me. Smile

I've been listening to TTA for a couple years now, and I'm constantly impressed by the videos. "Welcome to this world" is incredibly powerful and affects me emotionally every time I see it. The ideas expressed in it are completely antithetical to my purpose in life. I also have a bit of a soft spot for babies, especially since Sept. 3, 2008. The happiest?, most fulfilling? day of my life. The day my baby girl was born and died.Heart I'll not go into the details here, though I'm happy to talk about her to anyone who wishes. I am still her proud father, after all!Big Grin

I've finally decided to join the TTA community after listening to Sye Ten Bruggencate's frustrating appearance. Apologists can be very interesting, presuppositional apologists are not.

I want to thank Seth and everyone who makes the TTA possible. I truly enjoy listening to happy, well-spoken, reasonable people, and Seth's voice is a pleasure to hear.

Charles

Welcome! I used to be a 38 year-old Canadian male name Charles.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2012, 09:33 PM
(26-07-2012 08:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 07:18 PM)BusterFixxitt Wrote:  My name is Charles, I'm a 38 year old Canadian male. I cannot recall ever believing in god, though I've certainly had my share of magical thinking, and I have strong evidence that my memory has significant gaps in it, so it's entirely possible that I did at one point believe.

Charles

Welcome! I used to be a 38 year-old Canadian male name Charles.
I used to be a five year-old Russian male named Artur.

27-07-2012, 01:16 AM
I am a sixteen year old atheist after becoming one at twelve when I discovered the atheist community on YouTube. My life beforehand was a literal example of polar opposites my mom and dad were divorced leaving me with two differing views on the christian religion (Dad- Church of Christ, Mom- Barely existent religious beliefs) I like most Christians cherry picked the bible, finding all my favorite quotes and ignoring all the nasty stuff.
However, On my eleventh birthday I received a leather-bound bible which I immediately began to read and few days later, much in the style Aronra was absolutely disgusted by this book and chucked it across my room. I began to seek answers and when I found none in my parents I searched for them with my preacher, then my friends, in different religions and so on until it came to a critical point when I discovered TheAmazingAthiests and TheThinkingAtheists channels. They were the building blocks on which I base my current beliefs and I have an immense respect for both of them.

I don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. Your disorderly world has a deficit of things worth paying attention to. -Tj
27-07-2012, 06:08 AM
So....I just joined. So....Hi. Smile

As far as introductions go, I'm a teenage girl from Mississippi, the fattest, dumbest state in America, and located right smack dab in the middle of the bible belt. I was raised Episcopalian, but started doubting after my family got kicked out of our church because of a (major) disagreement between my mother and a powerful man that went there.

My love of science really started in the eighth grade, when my science teacher lent me Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. After that I read up as much about science, especially physics, as I could. Now I'm completely hooked. Science completely overthrew my religion and for that I'm very glad.

Anyways, I'm not really sure how I found TTA...I think I was mostly just poking around on the internet and wondered if there was anything out there like this for people like myself, and lo and behold, I found this. I've been following TTA for a couple of months now but just now decided to join. So....hi. I hope we can be friends.

EmE
Thread Closed