31-07-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello glad to join you!
Find all posts by this user
31-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Hello, thethinkingatheist.com

Smile

Leonardo da Vinci Wrote:While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
Epicurus Wrote:Death means nothing to us...when we exist, death is not yet present, and when death is present, then we do not exist.
31-07-2012, 12:25 PM
(31-07-2012 10:47 AM)zombielle Wrote:  Hello glad to join you!

Welcome. Dive right in and join the fray.

31-07-2012, 12:27 PM
(31-07-2012 10:09 AM)pk_boomer Wrote:  Hi everybody,

I'm Bryce, I've been listening to the Thinking Atheist podcast for a long while but only now got around to signing up on this forum. I have always been an atheist, in fact I have reason to believe that I may be at least a 4th generation atheist. My grandfather came to Canada from Scotland about a century ago, and I have read part of his father's daily journal in which he seemed to be at least apathetic about religion. However I've only become unashamedly vocal about my atheism a few years ago. My interest in the atheist/skeptic community stems from a number of things, particularly my interest in the sciences (biological and others); my amusement with theistic claims and arguments, and how to counter them; and my humanistic worldview and how it lends itself to the separation of church and state. Quite ironically, Canada doesn't officially have church/state separation in the books, but in practice religion and politics tend to stay out of each other's business (so far). I now have two small children and I am concerned that the religious accommodationism that is creating such a problem in the US educational system may start to creep into our education system as well. I want to ensure that my children get the best education that they can, including critical thinking, and I will step up and take action to defend science education if necessary.

It is great to see such a large, thriving atheist community here, and I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing ideas with other like-minded freethinkers.

Welcome.
Whereabouts in Canada?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Oh and hi to Sangori and Bryce too.

31-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Whoa, behind America? I didn't know that was possible. Anyways, I'm kind of new too. Its nice to meet you. Smile

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
31-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Wink RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey, I just stumbled on this site by accident and thought it might be fun to join in some discussions with fellow atheists. Smile I come from an evangelical Christian background, but for some reason I never fully embraced it (even as a child). Since then I've been fascinated by how people can be brainwashed to believe blindly all kinds of weird and wonderful fantasies, and I love getting into or reading debates with Christians (particularly New Earthers) and noticing the ways they justify their beliefs in the face of logic and evidence.

Looking forward to some chats.

Lee
01-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Hello. New here. American skeptic with a deep dislike of religion and dogma. Smile
01-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Welcome aborad sun and any new people I missed.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-08-2012, 08:47 AM
(31-07-2012 12:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-07-2012 10:09 AM)pk_boomer Wrote:  Hi everybody,

I'm Bryce, I've been listening to the Thinking Atheist podcast for a long while but only now got around to signing up on this forum. I have always been an atheist, in fact I have reason to believe that I may be at least a 4th generation atheist. My grandfather came to Canada from Scotland about a century ago, and I have read part of his father's daily journal in which he seemed to be at least apathetic about religion. However I've only become unashamedly vocal about my atheism a few years ago. My interest in the atheist/skeptic community stems from a number of things, particularly my interest in the sciences (biological and others); my amusement with theistic claims and arguments, and how to counter them; and my humanistic worldview and how it lends itself to the separation of church and state. Quite ironically, Canada doesn't officially have church/state separation in the books, but in practice religion and politics tend to stay out of each other's business (so far). I now have two small children and I am concerned that the religious accommodationism that is creating such a problem in the US educational system may start to creep into our education system as well. I want to ensure that my children get the best education that they can, including critical thinking, and I will step up and take action to defend science education if necessary.

It is great to see such a large, thriving atheist community here, and I look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing ideas with other like-minded freethinkers.

Welcome.
Whereabouts in Canada?

Saskatoon, not far from the middle of nowhere Smile
Thread Closed