Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
01-08-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(01-08-2012 08:47 AM)pk_boomer Wrote:  
(31-07-2012 12:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome.
Whereabouts in Canada?

Saskatoon, not far from the middle of nowhere Smile

Been there. Flew in over a lot of the nowhere.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 02:16 PM
I am 48 yrs old and was raised as a Christian. I went to Sunday school often as a kid. Vacation Bible School at a Mennonite church. Was a member of YFC back in the 80's. did't go to curch too much as an adult. I actually started to question the Christian faith when I met an befriended a Muslim while I was in the Army. I foind out that I was told so many lies about Islam and eventually found many lies and inconsistencies in Christianity. Turned into a monir science geel in the past year or so and was listening to the audio version of The Greatest Show on Earth. A former co-worker is a out of the closet Atheist an he posted TTA's flood video on FB and I thought it was awesome. That lead me to down load some of TTA's podcasts that eventually lead me here. I am not an out of the closet Atheists but I do challange many of my Christian freinds on the BS they post on FB.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes tnt4philly's post
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM
(07-08-2012 02:16 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  I am 48 yrs old and was raised as a Christian. I went to Sunday school often as a kid. Vacation Bible School at a Mennonite church. Was a member of YFC back in the 80's. did't go to curch too much as an adult. I actually started to question the Christian faith when I met an befriended a Muslim while I was in the Army. I foind out that I was told so many lies about Islam and eventually found many lies and inconsistencies in Christianity. Turned into a monir science geel in the past year or so and was listening to the audio version of The Greatest Show on Earth. A former co-worker is a out of the closet Atheist an he posted TTA's flood video on FB and I thought it was awesome. That lead me to down load some of TTA's podcasts that eventually lead me here. I am not an out of the closet Atheists but I do challange many of my Christian freinds on the BS they post on FB.

Welcome to the Forums! I am sure you'll enjoy your time here.

....Not to be rude or nothing but... might I suggest using a browser with spell check?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Hey everyone, It's my first time even visting this forum Ive watched quite a few Videos from the thinking atheist youtube channel, Im 17 from New Zealand and i just like to say how inspiring it is to see so many free minded, rational people coming together. I was brought up in a non-religious home while only knowing about two religious people til i was about 15 so i had no idea there was such an assault on rationitly til about 3-4 months ago, since ive been getting more and more militant lol in defending non-theist's atheists etc and I hope to gain a heavier arsenal of aguments from my stay in this forum! Cheers for reading Thumbsup
08-08-2012, 12:00 AM
It is more me fat fingering the keyboard than it is bad spelling. I especially have a habit if hacking hard on my iPhone. When I am writing a paper for a class or a professional email I pay plenty attention to that stuff. On message board not so much.
08-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(08-08-2012 12:00 AM)tnt4philly Wrote:  It is more me fat fingering the keyboard than it is bad spelling. I especially have a habit if hacking hard on my iPhone. When I am writing a paper for a class or a professional email I pay plenty attention to that stuff. On message board not so much.

Welcom nd know nead 2 feal celph-konshus abowt yer spelin.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-08-2012, 01:01 AM
(08-08-2012 12:00 AM)tnt4philly Wrote:  It is more me fat fingering the keyboard than it is bad spelling. I especially have a habit if hacking hard on my iPhone. When I am writing a paper for a class or a professional email I pay plenty attention to that stuff. On message board not so much.

I understand, but you may want to pay some attention here, don't want to give the Grammar/Spelling Nazis around here an open shot. Smile
Anyway, see you 'round the forums my friend..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-08-2012, 01:58 AM
(08-08-2012 12:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Welcom nd know nead 2 feal celph-konshus abowt yer spelin.

When the fuck did you go full retard, Erx?Drinking Beverage

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
09-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Hello! New here but I've been an atheist a long time... I think I was 13 or 14 when I leaned over to my stepmother in church and said, "I don't believe any of this."

I was Catholic for a few years just to make my ex-husband's family happy. Went through Catholic classes, went to church, did the whole confirmation thing. It didn't stick, obviously, because in the back of my head I was thinking that this is crap the whole time. I called communion "snack time" and counted all the kneeling and standing as exercise.

I started reading the bible this year. I'm slogging my way through Isaiah right now. I started blogging it (myyearofthebible.blogspot.com) but haven't updated it in a while. I'll get back to it eventually.

So I'm pretty basic... no deconversion story or people who are disappointed in me or who are praying for me. But I am glad to be here. Smile

My Year Of the Bible - A blog on reading the Bible

Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground.
- Terry Pratchett
09-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome fM. Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Thread Closed