Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome all you newbies. Good to have you here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I am glad to be among like minds. I'd call myself a true agnostic. I left religion because of 2 things:

no proof of god
no god answered me

Which are rather interchangeable...I read a lot of books, and found I was back at square one. No one knew more than me. They just said they did. There is a superiority aspect to religion. I felt the only honest answer could have been, "I don't know", and I haven't ever heard that from religious folk.
11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the fine welcome.
[+] 1 user Likes Simon Moon's post
11-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Music RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello all!

Took me 44 years to figure out what I really am -- an atheist. What a relief. Proudly raising my two homeschooled kids the same.

Take care all, Lisa in PA/USA
12-08-2012, 12:39 AM
(11-08-2012 02:53 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  Thanks for the fine welcome.

Is that Bob Dobbs? SmileSmile
12-08-2012, 04:49 AM
(11-08-2012 09:58 PM)lisamcarver Wrote:  Hello all!

Took me 44 years to figure out what I really am -- an atheist. What a relief. Proudly raising my two homeschooled kids the same.

Took me 48 to finally cave in an admit it to myself. I have been questioning my belief in God for quite some time. I even prayed often for the strength to believe. I am also from PA and while my dad is not very religous, my family has strong religious roots. I have Amish and Mennonite relatives. I have yet to come out and tell my friends and family, mainly becasue of respect for my mom. It is hard to find non-Christians in this area.
12-08-2012, 04:00 PM
(12-08-2012 04:49 AM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(11-08-2012 09:58 PM)lisamcarver Wrote:  Hello all!

Took me 48 to finally cave in an admit it to myself. I have been questioning my belief in God for quite some time. I even prayed often for the strength to believe. I am also from PA and while my dad is not very religous, my family has strong religious roots. I have Amish and Mennonite relatives. I have yet to come out and tell my friends and family, mainly becasue of respect for my mom. It is hard to find non-Christians in this area.

Not sure TNT and Philly belong in the same construct. At least not anywhere near Osage Avenue. Wink

#sigh
13-08-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm new here. i apologize if I'm asking in the wrong place. But I'm just curious, why do atheists don't believe in God?
13-08-2012, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 01:40 PM by FSM_scot.)
(13-08-2012 12:56 PM)luniaz226 Wrote:  I'm new here. i apologize if I'm asking in the wrong place. But I'm just curious, why do atheists don't believe in God?

Because there is no evidence that any gods exist.
But which god are you refering to? Zeus?,Thor?, Horus? The flying spaghetti monster?
Also you only need to post once. New users posts are subject to approval you will have received a pm after you made your first post.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
13-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm a 16 year old from the Midwestern United States. I always asked about religion but it's only been in the past year or so I've declared myself an atheist.
Thread Closed