Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
14-08-2012, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2012 11:12 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(14-08-2012 10:29 AM)1nsp1rat10n Wrote:  Hello all I am an athiest who grew up in a deeply religious (Baptist) family.

My brother is still a minister in the Southern Baptist world.

While I certainly find it impossible to believe in the supernatural I believe that one of the biggest problems we face as a species is the seemingly never ending question of what happened at T=0?

I'm guessing that you and your brother discuss this. I can hear him say: Oh yeah! so why can't it be god that started it all?"

Well, evidence fresh out today from those sciencey-types...
There was a prime mover and it was Allah!

How would your brother feel about that?

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Find all posts by this user
14-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Right, or one of the other nearly endless number of deities that have existed or still exist to this day.

(14-08-2012 11:08 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-08-2012 10:29 AM)1nsp1rat10n Wrote:  Hello all I am an athiest who grew up in a deeply religious (Baptist) family.

My brother is still a minister in the Southern Baptist world.

While I certainly find it impossible to believe in the supernatural I believe that one of the biggest problems we face as a species is the seemingly never ending question of what happened at T=0?

I'm guessing that you and your brother discuss this. I can hear him say: Oh yeah! so why can't it be god that started it all?"

Well, evidence fresh out today from those sciencey-types...
There was a prime mover and it was Allah!

How would your brother feel about that?

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Psalm 137:9 - Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. --- I don't think so, nay, I know so!
14-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
T.O.? He signed with the Seahawks.

Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi. Long time podcast listener, video viewer.

Here are the gory details:
51 year old white hetero male. DOB 19610306
Sometimes bearded (whiter every time), always mustachioed, always a shaved head.

Let's see if this smiley translates: ( ;-{)> Nope.

Born an atheist. Never needed to be born again. Always a messy proposition.
Made occasional futile attempts to contact God (self) as a tormented teen, but always determined that talking to oneself silently in this way was a waste of time and I could never fool myself. I have fooled myself many times in other ways, but could never get the god fooling thing to work. Decided at 16 that I was agnostic, in retrospect, I was an apatheist for years, as I was too busy trying to live and get by and just didn't care one way or another. When I discovered skepticism, freethinking and atheist writings, my suspicions were validated and I admitted to myself that it was time to get off the fence. The pickets were starting to leave painful indents.
15-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Hi people!
Where's the thread that's organizing the legal prosecution of church leaders?
15-08-2012, 07:32 AM
(15-08-2012 12:51 AM)Janus Wrote:  Hi people!

Ummm, what?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Im Leonardo, a 14 y/o student, who lives in Monterrey, Mexico.

I've been rised by an atheist father and a religious mother, but she didnt got to pull me into religion, I'm an open atheist and I belive that just any religion could, or could not be true, and we will not know it untill its too late to tell about it, so, why bothering trying? I just try to learn everything I can from everything around me.

I really like extreme sports, such as hang-gliding, motorcross, and latley ive been introduced to downhill and I'll give it a try

I also practice martial art, especially kung-fu, ive been practicing for some years and I'm just trying to get better everyday Smile
15-08-2012, 01:28 PM
(15-08-2012 07:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 12:51 AM)Janus Wrote:  Hi people!

Ummm, what?

Where's the thread that's organizing the legal prosecution of church leaders for organized crime? I'd like to see if I can contribute to the cause of bringing those genocidal/paedophilic criminals to justice.
Surely there's a thread like that on a forum dedicated to atheism, isn't there?
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
15-08-2012, 01:32 PM
(14-08-2012 10:48 PM)antiwishfulthinkingist Wrote:  Hi. Long time podcast listener, video viewer.

Here are the gory details:
51 year old white hetero male. DOB 19610306
Sometimes bearded (whiter every time), always mustachioed, always a shaved head.

Let's see if this smiley translates: ( ;-{)> Nope.

Born an atheist. Never needed to be born again. Always a messy proposition.
Made occasional futile attempts to contact God (self) as a tormented teen, but always determined that talking to oneself silently in this way was a waste of time and I could never fool myself. I have fooled myself many times in other ways, but could never get the god fooling thing to work. Decided at 16 that I was agnostic, in retrospect, I was an apatheist for years, as I was too busy trying to live and get by and just didn't care one way or another. When I discovered skepticism, freethinking and atheist writings, my suspicions were validated and I admitted to myself that it was time to get off the fence. The pickets were starting to leave painful indents.

Welcome, you should fit in quite nicely.

However, not fitting in can be quite amusing, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 01:33 PM
(15-08-2012 01:28 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(15-08-2012 07:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ummm, what?

Where's the thread that's organizing the legal prosecution of church leaders for organized crime? I'd like to see if I can contribute to the cause of bringing those genocidal/paedophilic criminals to justice.
Surely there's a thread like that on a forum dedicated to atheism, isn't there?

What KC said....ummm what?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Thread Closed