Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
12-01-2011, 10:43 AM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hiya,

I'm a 29 year old English atheist. Raised Church of England, although my parents never really pushed the issue, and let me decide for myself. I do find myself thinking a lot about the existence of a god, any god really, but have yet to be convinced by any argument, other than atheist ones. I'm a great believer in observable evidence, so if there is a god out there, I'd be quite happy to believe in it if it'd just show up and claim me. Until then, I'll stick with my belief that there's no such thing as magic, thanks.
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Hey all. New to the forum, so, prepare for assloads of irrelevant bullshit. I've been an atheist for around 7-8 years. Found this site on Funny Or Die of all places, and loved it the moment I hit enter. I'm easy to get along with, and full of whimsy, and tasty, tasty man juice "make of that what you will" I LOVE YOU. That pic is Glados from Portal for the non gamers in the crowd.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

13-01-2011, 01:08 AM

(12-01-2011 06:56 PM)imaginarygods Wrote:  That pic is Glados from Portal for the non gamers in the crowd.

Welcome, as long as you realise that god is as much of a lie as the cake.
18-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi -
I just joined today and like what I see here. There appear to be a lot of knowledgeable members here and the discussions look interesting.

I was raised as a Christian. I went to church with my parents every Sunday, and I prayed every night. But then I went to college, and began to read books by non-Christians, and eventually became an atheist.
Find all posts by this user
19-01-2011, 08:54 AM

Tongue RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi everyone, I'm a 26 year old student and I've very fond of the idea of free thinking and very much against any dogma. My username reflects that. The curious can look it up and understand
23-01-2011, 08:34 AM

I have never been Christian although I have tried to believe a few times. Not sure why. Huh

I need what I believe to make sense. If it doesn't then I reject it. Also, if I am to believe in something other than what I can see, feel, or reason, I need to experience it. Since I have not yet had an epiphany... Smile

I am 54 years old and it has only been over the past four years that I have been able to truly let go of Christian doubt and guilt. The following quote expresses my life these days.

When I became convinced that the universe is natural, that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles became dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space. I was free -- free to think, to express my thoughts -- free to live my own ideal, free to live for myself and those I loved, free to use all my faculties, all my senses, free to spread imagination's wings, free to investigate, to guess and dream and hope, free to judge and determine for myself. . . I was free! ~ Ingersol
23-01-2011, 01:24 PM

Hello, I'm a brand new poster. I've been a math /science teacher for many years and an atheist for many more. I was raised Catholic and left for saner ground when I was sixteen. It saddens me no end to see young people (my students) accept the brainwashing of whatever religion they are exposed to without a clue of how their blind acceptance diminishes the world they live in.
23-01-2011, 05:22 PM

I just saw the animated video The Story of Susie, through a link provided by Ms Betty Bowers, America's best Christian, on Facebook and thought this might be a cool place to come hang out once in a while. Hallelujah! And thank the moon and the stars for such a wonderful place. Now where'd I put that Gideon Bible I stole from the the Holiday Inn I went to last?
23-01-2011, 06:32 PM
(23-01-2011 05:22 PM)dissidence101 Wrote:  And thank the moon and the stars for such a wonderful place.

Would it not be more accurate to thank the "creator?" The guy who owns and opened this site. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
25-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Howdy Folks!
Hello all! I just found this forum after seeing a linked YouTube video from this site. I loved it and had to dig deeper. More about that to follow in another thread ... but it is good to find fellow thinkers!

PS: I went a created a separate thread for my Hello whereas I now understand that this specific thread is intended for that very thing. D'Oh!!
Thread Closed