Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-08-2012, 07:59 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
HI MY NAME IS JAN. I AM HAPPY TO FIND THIS FORUM [/b]
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi all, 38 year old male recovering christian here from South Carolina. I've been a closet agnostic since a young teen after being drug to church since I can remember. Recently I've decided I have no need for any of the myth and stick to science and reason. I've never been happier in my life to shed that crushing weight that was religion. Glad to be here!!!
19-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Oh Hi!!

My name is V which is short for Vic and extra short for Victor... I'm a 25 years old panamanian. Though raised a catholic I've been and atheist for the past 4 years of my life. Now I'm struggling to keep my baby boy out of the hands of religion... he's 13 months old and I think I'm doing a good job Big Grin
19-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Welcome to Steven, Scott, and Jan.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2012, 08:12 AM
(19-08-2012 08:11 AM)krbartee Wrote:   Hi all, 38 year old male recovering christian here from South Carolina. I've been a closet agnostic since a young teen after being drug to church since I can remember. Recently I've decided I have no need for any of the myth and stick to science and reason. I've never been happier in my life than to shed that crushing weight that was religion. Glad to be here!!!

And we're glad to have you. Yes

19-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi all! I am an American ex-pat living in Ireland for the past 14 years, doing my best to raise two young critical thinkers. I have always been a solid atheist but only recently felt like I wanted/needed to connect with other rational-minded people, and I am very glad to be here Smile
19-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi I am ingwe, a sixty something South African retiree. I live on the east coast in a subtropical area. After months as a regular reader of the FB postings I am pleased to find the forum.
regards

It may be that ministers really think that their prayers do good and it may be that frogs imagine that their croaking brings spring.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
19-08-2012, 09:41 AM
(19-08-2012 09:29 AM)ingwe Wrote:  Hi I am ingwe, a sixty something South African retiree. I live on the east coast in a subtropical area. After months as a regular reader of the FB postings I am pleased to find the forum.
regards

Welcome. Nice avatar.

19-08-2012, 03:01 PM
My "real" name is Dennis, and I reside in Fort Worth, TX. I found the facebook page for this website, and decided after following for a few weeks, that the website deserved my attention. I am glad to be a part of this forum group, and look forward to intellectually stimulating dialogue, as well as perhaps some diverse views on the many aspects of this thing we call Life.

I am not a "hard core" atheist, so to speak, but I am not a religious zealot either. I guess I am one of those that believes there may be "something" out there somewhere, but then again, maybe not. If there is something out there, I'm not sure exactly how "it" fits in with our lives, nor am I certain that "it" really gives a rat's ass anyway. In the meantime, I think it's incumbent upon each of us to not really concern ourselves about the existence or role of "it", but rather to carry on with our lives daily, treating each other right, doing the right thing daily (or trying to, anyway), and attempting to fulfill our own goals, while helping others do the same.

Call me a pragmatist perhaps, with a bit of Deist-Skeptic tendencies maybe. Anyhoo, I think we have intellect, reason, and brains and are expected to utilize all of it to our fullest potential.

Thanks for giving me a place to "land" and "nest," so to speak.
[+] 1 user Likes papalote1's post
19-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Welcome newcomers Smile
Thread Closed