Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-08-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome to all the newcomers! Looks like Seth's mention of the forum on Facebook has brought our attention to more than a couple new people! Glad to have you all.

....just a reminder, check out the rules thread. You may be pleasantly surprised with how easy going we are with the rules here. It will also help you understand why some stuff that would normally be moderated isn't here.

Kick back and enjoy yourselves!

James
Forum Admin.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
19-08-2012, 06:18 PM
(19-08-2012 03:01 PM)papalote1 Wrote:  My "real" name is Dennis, and I reside in Fort Worth, TX. I found the facebook page for this website, and decided after following for a few weeks, that the website deserved my attention. I am glad to be a part of this forum group, and look forward to intellectually stimulating dialogue, as well as perhaps some diverse views on the many aspects of this thing we call Life.

I am not a "hard core" atheist, so to speak, but I am not a religious zealot either. I guess I am one of those that believes there may be "something" out there somewhere, but then again, maybe not. If there is something out there, I'm not sure exactly how "it" fits in with our lives, nor am I certain that "it" really gives a rat's ass anyway. In the meantime, I think it's incumbent upon each of us to not really concern ourselves about the existence or role of "it", but rather to carry on with our lives daily, treating each other right, doing the right thing daily (or trying to, anyway), and attempting to fulfill our own goals, while helping others do the same.

Call me a pragmatist perhaps, with a bit of Deist-Skeptic tendencies maybe. Anyhoo, I think we have intellect, reason, and brains and are expected to utilize all of it to our fullest potential.

Thanks for giving me a place to "land" and "nest," so to speak.

Welcome. I think you will find this place interesting. And unusual.Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(19-08-2012 06:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 03:01 PM)papalote1 Wrote:  My "real" name is Dennis, and I reside in Fort Worth, TX. I found the facebook page for this website, and decided after following for a few weeks, that the website deserved my attention. I am glad to be a part of this forum group, and look forward to intellectually stimulating dialogue, as well as perhaps some diverse views on the many aspects of this thing we call Life.

I am not a "hard core" atheist, so to speak, but I am not a religious zealot either. I guess I am one of those that believes there may be "something" out there somewhere, but then again, maybe not. If there is something out there, I'm not sure exactly how "it" fits in with our lives, nor am I certain that "it" really gives a rat's ass anyway. In the meantime, I think it's incumbent upon each of us to not really concern ourselves about the existence or role of "it", but rather to carry on with our lives daily, treating each other right, doing the right thing daily (or trying to, anyway), and attempting to fulfill our own goals, while helping others do the same.

Call me a pragmatist perhaps, with a bit of Deist-Skeptic tendencies maybe. Anyhoo, I think we have intellect, reason, and brains and are expected to utilize all of it to our fullest potential.

Thanks for giving me a place to "land" and "nest," so to speak.

Welcome. I think you will find this place interesting. And unusual.Yes

Yes, but I'm not sure about the intellectually stimulating part. Dodgy

Welcome to you and the other new folks joining up this weekend!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi, I´m a 22 years old college student who some time ago started questioning things about the catolicism I grew up with and eventually religion in general.

if your faith can move mountains it should be able to withstand criticism
19-08-2012, 06:37 PM
(19-08-2012 06:25 PM)SomeOne Wrote:  Hi, I´m a 22 years old college student who some time ago started questioning things about the catolicism I grew up with and eventually religion in general.

Howdy someone. Greetings from someone else. ... okay I couldn't help myself, so fucking sue me.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-08-2012, 06:04 PM
You people are concise. Am I supposed to keep this short? It will be easier as I'm being pelted by "...and Ge-sus..." talk as I write this. Mind you, I'm at a Starbucks. Not proud, they're the only place that serves coffee this late, which is after 7PM.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm in the Midwest. And boy do they love them Jesus. For my part, I'm a Southern boy. The South isn't exactly a convenient place to be atheist either. While I can't say fourteen years of Catholic school and nineteen of living on the Bible Belt made me an atheist, it certainly did not help. But I was a skeptical little brat the whole time.

Went through a brief, teenage church phase. Got confirmed despite saying I didn't want to and telling the priest in so many words I thought he was bogus. Library full of science, theology, philosophy, and atheist writings even before I graduated high school. Currently working in the Midwest. Long story.

Closet atheist by day even though I work for a non-religiously affiliated company. Drunken argumentative business student with a notebook by night. I make pictures, study, and write.
20-08-2012, 06:42 PM
(20-08-2012 06:04 PM)anselm Wrote:  You people are concise. Am I supposed to keep this short? It will be easier as I'm being pelted by "...and Ge-sus..." talk as I write this. Mind you, I'm at a Starbucks. Not proud, they're the only place that serves coffee this late, which is after 7PM.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm in the Midwest. And boy do they love them Jesus. For my part, I'm a Southern boy. The South isn't exactly a convenient place to be atheist either. While I can't say fourteen years of Catholic school and nineteen of living on the Bible Belt made me an atheist, it certainly did not help. But I was a skeptical little brat the whole time.

Went through a brief, teenage church phase. Got confirmed despite saying I didn't want to and telling the priest in so many words I thought he was bogus. Library full of science, theology, philosophy, and atheist writings even before I graduated high school. Currently working in the Midwest. Long story.

Closet atheist by day even though I work for a non-religiously affiliated company. Drunken argumentative business student with a notebook by night. I make pictures, study, and write.

Welcome. We have argumentative drunks, too. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm a 32 year old lady black xD I was raised as as a Jehovah Witness :/ they are pretty COLD to emotions everything is robot FORGIVE AND FORGET ,no tears so forgive me but im the sweetest lady in the world i smile more then i frown and i look for the good in every one and hold my emotions inside im a pieces so maby thats why idk but im the opposite of them .
,Inoticed that on youtube and facebook Atheist are crude and cut n dry i hope i can find people with emotions besides mean and brash
Smile my spelling is not good I'm a dreamer and i love History Thats how i found out about past gods befor Jesus .

I became a Atheist at age 18 but was talked back into it due to me not knowing i could live with out praying or believing in some random crazy guy aka Jesus .i found out he was evil from reading the bible with Isrealight jews o.o omg those men are so vile and scary i was litterly scared out of Judaism they clame King James bible is the real deal and i want no part of it any more .and i do not want to be a Witness after all its the same Jesus .
then i found out that it was gods befor Jesus that are just like him so he is a clone smh i just gave up after that and realized i was lied to all my life .i harbor no ill felling to my mother or family they are tricked to but they choose to keep believing .My name is Dedra
20-08-2012, 06:59 PM
(20-08-2012 06:50 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  I'm a 32 year old lady black xD I was raised as as a Jehovah Witness :/ they are pretty COLD to emotions everything is robot FORGIVE AND FORGET ,no tears so forgive me but im the sweetest lady in the world i smile more then i frown and i look for the good in every one and hold my emotions inside im a pieces so maby thats why idk but im the opposite of them .
,Inoticed that on youtube and facebook Atheist are crude and cut n dry i hope i can find people with emotions besides mean and brash
Smile my spelling is not good I'm a dreamer and i love History Thats how i found out about past gods befor Jesus .

I became a Atheist at age 18 but was talked back into it due to me not knowing i could live with out praying or believing in some random crazy guy aka Jesus .i found out he was evil from reading the bible with Isrealight jews o.o omg those men are so vile and scary i was litterly scared out of Judaism they clame King James bible is the real deal and i want no part of it any more .and i do not want to be a Witness after all its the same Jesus .
then i found out that it was gods befor Jesus that are just like him so he is a clone smh i just gave up after that and realized i was lied to all my life .i harbor no ill felling to my mother or family they are tricked to but they choose to keep believing .My name is Dedra

Welcome, Blizzy. There are many warm, caring, emotional people here.
Unfortuantely, I'm not really one of them. Sadcryface

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Hello everyone.
My name is Anthony Bennett I'm 25 years old and currently live in Melbourne Australia
I have been an official atheist since I was 15 years old.
I find the belief in God to be illogical. I have no problem with people believing in God however when someones beliefs affect another persons life thats when I have a problem.
I work as a research scientist at CSIRO which is Australia's main scientific institute
I hope to make many contributions to this forum.

We are simply viewing our Universe from the shoulders of the Giants that came before us
Thread Closed