Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
20-08-2012, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 08:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(20-08-2012 06:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome, Blizzy. There are many warm, caring, emotional people here.
Unfortuantely, I'm not really one of them. Sadcryface

Somebody's gotta assume the role of grumpy old man. ... Tag, you're it. Wink

(20-08-2012 07:09 PM)Anthony Bennett Wrote:  I have been an official atheist since I was 15 years old.

Shit, that's the same age I realized that a promise of postmortem preservation of identity was utter and complete bullshit. ... Goddam has it really been 35 years?

Welcome Anthony! Have fun!

(20-08-2012 07:09 PM)Anthony Bennett Wrote:  I work as a research scientist at CSIRO which is Australia's main scientific institute.

So are you a Government scientist like me?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-08-2012, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 08:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
merged with previous.

#sigh
21-08-2012, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 01:58 PM by GrimReality.)
Hello People!
I'm 37, and have been an unbeliever for about 17 of those years. I didn't become the outspoken Atheist that I am now until about 7 years ago. Now, I am loud and proud.
I am married to a fellow atheist, and have a 11-year old son. I am a Horticulturalist, so my son was raised to appreciate nature and everything in it. He also loves all things science and space related. Damn good kid.
Ironically, I work for a landscape company that is owned by a very outspoken Christian. Plus, a good deal of the people who work here are also big fans of Jesus. Fortunately, he works out of a different office, so we don't chat that often. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know I'm an Atheist. The people around me do, though. One is a hardcore, home-schooling, Jesus camp loving, fellow. I make an effort to avoid religious conversation, but every now and then I just can't help myself. He's even "shared"(aka put on my desk when I'm not there) with me literature about Jesus. Especially around Easter and Christmas.
My family was raised Catholic, and most still stubbornly cling to it. They know I'm an Atheist, and never bother me about it. My father, who died in a car accident a year ago, was the only one who really held it against me.
Anyway, I've been meaning to sign up here for a long time, and Seths post about it forced my hand. Hopefully, I can contribute and have some fun.
21-08-2012, 04:01 PM
(20-08-2012 08:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 06:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome, Blizzy. There are many warm, caring, emotional people here.
Unfortuantely, I'm not really one of them. Sadcryface

Somebody's gotta assume the role of grumpy old man. ... Tag, you're it. Wink

(20-08-2012 07:09 PM)Anthony Bennett Wrote:  I have been an official atheist since I was 15 years old.

Shit, that's the same age I realized that a promise of postmortem preservation of identity was utter and complete bullshit. ... Goddam has it really been 35 years?

Welcome Anthony! Have fun!

(20-08-2012 07:09 PM)Anthony Bennett Wrote:  I work as a research scientist at CSIRO which is Australia's main scientific institute.

So are you a Government scientist like me?
haha hi, Smile thats cool I'm used to grumpy .

Heart cute
22-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Thank you GirlyMan for the warm welcome. Yes I guess I am lol.

We are simply viewing our Universe from the shoulders of the Giants that came before us
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Im Stan a 40 + year old geezer from the UK.

Love the show.

[Image: XJlTk.jpg]
22-08-2012, 09:14 AM
(22-08-2012 08:45 AM)Stan Wrote:  Im Stan a 40 + year old geezer from the UK.

Love the show.

Welcome to the board, Stan. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-08-2012, 09:14 AM
G'day and welcome!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Sup, Stan.

Frankie de la Cunto
22-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone, I'm a 20yr old male in college. From PA. Grew up in the traditional Roman Catholic household and just about 3yrs ago lost my faith for science and reason. Best choice I ever made. Currently in school for Political Science to hopefully bring this country back to reason. I love the works of Dawkins and Harris.
[+] 1 user Likes zac724's post
Thread Closed