Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-08-2012 11:44 AM)CKgreen44 Wrote:  Hello all

My name is Mike. and I am just interested in the very profound arguments. I am a historian, and political scientists, and I have been very annoyed by the rise of "Christians" as a loaded political word. It was not always so. So I am interested in dialog and logical debate.

Mike

Welcome, Mike. There is a lot of fun, banter, laughter, sniping, arguing, and caring that goes on here. We occasionally fall into a serious discussion by accident. Profound ones are 100-year events. Enjoy.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2012, 12:38 PM
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?

Hey Paul, I am Rob. I also serve. I admire your openess. I do not discuss it at work but if someone asks, I tell the truth. I hope all is well when you transition out of the Army.
Find all posts by this user
24-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Another one!
Hey all. My name is DJ Crowe, and I have been an atheist for much longer than I realized. I used to preach, and had one of those moments when I realized I could no longer believe the BS, and became who I am today, for better or worse...
24-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Danilo Baletka (although most people call me D.J.). I am an open atheist living in a small town in Southeast Texas, a land where non-whites are considered lesser beings by many and the Bible is law. I am a 17 year old Filipino/American who is considered to be more of a class pet than a fellow student by my peers. I decided to join this forum so that I may meet like-minded individuals and be treated as a normal person... Oh, and maybe find some buddies to play Guild Wars 2 with! Big Grin
24-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Wow, two DJ's in a row. And we already have a DLJ. What the heck is happening to the world???? Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-08-2012, 02:05 PM
(24-08-2012 02:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Wow, two DJ's in a row. And we already have a DLJ. What the heck is happening to the world???? Confused

It's a sign.Lecture_preist

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey!

My name's Hylonome. I'm a Christian, but I'm not here to convert anyone - just to learn new things =) I'm also Hughsie's little sister Smile
24-08-2012, 03:58 PM
(24-08-2012 03:46 PM)hylonome Wrote:  Hey!

My name's Hylonome. I'm a Christian, but I'm not here to convert anyone - just to learn new things =) I'm also Hughsie's little sister Smile

Welcome. Why are you a Christian?

24-08-2012, 04:14 PM
(24-08-2012 03:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome. Why are you a Christian?

Well, to sum it up I was kinda depressed for a while. After the last shot at counselling had gone down the drain I was in a pretty bad place. I'd never really been a Christian before, but I had what I would call a religious experience. I've been back to my old self ever since that night, and that's all down to God. Smile
24-08-2012, 04:14 PM
(24-08-2012 03:46 PM)hylonome Wrote:  Hey!

Welcome to the forum.

Being related to hughsie must be tough. We've only had to put up with him for about a year. we had to start a support group.... Tongue

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
Thread Closed