Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
04-09-2012, 04:21 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(01-09-2012 11:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 10:24 PM)Chasekat Wrote:  Hi,

I grew up[... deleted for brevity]

Welcome. Enjoy yourself.
(Watch out for the occasional troll amongst the outspoken and gentle deists, theists and atheists here.... it's a mixed bunch!)

Is your hubby on here too?

Yes I am. When Kat found out I was registering she wanted to do so as well but the forums limit the number of IPs that can register in a day (1, it seems) so Kat had to wait and then post up.

She has taken what some would term "a leap of faith" but in reality she came to it gradually, rationally, and with copious amounts of reflection and honesty. I am very proud of her.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes joshChase's post
04-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Hello!

I am Miranda Paige, you call me either Miranda or Paige...it does not matter. I have been (officially) an atheist since 9th grade....which seems like forever ago! I am a college student who is surrounded by religion even though I am not in a religious school. I am so glad I stubbled upon this place because even though my immedaite family and friends know of my atheism, there are not many atheists or agnostics that I am connected to. Its a bit lonely when a lot of your friends beleive in "fairytales".
04-09-2012, 05:31 PM
(04-09-2012 05:18 PM)Miranda Paige Wrote:  Hello!

I am Miranda Paige, you call me either Miranda or Paige...it does not matter.

Howdy. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

Ima gonna call you Mirage just cause I like dicking with user names. Big Grin

Welcome!

#sigh
04-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm Carissa and have been a confirmed atheist for about 2 years. My family was never particularly religious but by default I believed in god. The movie Religulous really helped me take the final leap. I haven't received any negative feedback from any friends or family. Thats likely due to the fact that religion rarely if ever comes up in conversation in my circle. I reacll learning about mythology in grade school and asking myself and those around me "Why are these people so crazy to believe this stuff, but we don't call ourselves crazy for believing what we do?" Blank stares all around.
[+] 2 users Like CarissaAnn's post
04-09-2012, 08:47 PM
(04-09-2012 07:55 PM)CarissaAnn Wrote:  I'm Carissa and have been a confirmed atheist for about 2 years. My family was never particularly religious but by default I believed in god. The movie Religulous really helped me take the final leap. I haven't received any negative feedback from any friends or family. Thats likely due to the fact that religion rarely if ever comes up in conversation in my circle. I reacll learning about mythology in grade school and asking myself and those around me "Why are these people so crazy to believe this stuff, but we don't call ourselves crazy for believing what we do?" Blank stares all around.

Welcome!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
04-09-2012, 10:06 PM
(04-09-2012 07:55 PM)CarissaAnn Wrote:  I'm Carissa and have been a confirmed atheist for about 2 years. My family was never particularly religious but by default I believed in god. The movie Religulous really helped me take the final leap. I haven't received any negative feedback from any friends or family. Thats likely due to the fact that religion rarely if ever comes up in conversation in my circle. I reacll learning about mythology in grade school and asking myself and those around me "Why are these people so crazy to believe this stuff, but we don't call ourselves crazy for believing what we do?" Blank stares all around.

Howdy. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

Ima gonna call you CarryAnn 'cause I like dicking with user names.

Welcome!

#sigh
05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Hello fellow hell burners! Big Grin Found this site by accident, and love it! Been an atheist since I left my abusive, religious home at 17. Now 48. Great to see the atheist movement gaining strength!

http://www.theaverageatheist.com

Challenge Everything!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like haarvik's post
05-09-2012, 02:34 PM
(05-09-2012 01:12 PM)haarvik Wrote:  Hello fellow hell burners! Big Grin Found this site by accident, and love it! Been an atheist since I left my abusive, religious home at 17. Now 48. Great to see the atheist movement gaining strength!

Nowadays we use solar ovens to be more enviro friendly Smile Welcome.
05-09-2012, 05:09 PM
HELLO!!!!!!!1 I AM NEW HERE, BUT I LISTEN TO SETH'S PODCAST
!

I ALSO LOVE TO TYPE IN CAPS

I BET YOU ARE READING THIS AND ARE HEARING YOUR INNER MONOLOGUE SCREAMING

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

I am an atheist. I am not so vocal about it in person because people give me lip and sometimes the verbal smack down....I guess you can say I am a bit in the closet about it. Its getting crowed in her, with so many skeletons piling up.
[+] 1 user Likes purrnginfidel's post
05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm a 51 year old female, in the midst of a major paradigm shift from Christianity
to Agnostic/possible Atheist/possible Deist...not sure yet....but am still "in the closet" with most people, especially the church I work for as an Associate Music Director.
Having a really hard time. Not looking for any particular "answer" but to find my way through to a place that I'm comfortable with. Very hard to think about leaving my Christian community where all my children were baptized, and most of my life-long friends still belong to. Looking for friendship and understanding as I muddle through. Particularly hard as a musician who has written many songs "to the Lord"...and still can and probably want to write melodies for liturgical use...ack!!! Anyone going through this, or gone through it, I welcome your kind thoughts, and musings and wonderings as well! Former devoted, born-again Christian musicians especially welcomed to chime in!!!
Thanks, and best to everyone here!
At the end of the day, no matter what I end up believing, I will act with the utmost dignity towards my fellow human beings, and never force my beliefs on anyone!
KT Schmidt
Thread Closed