Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
08-09-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(05-09-2012 06:02 PM)KT Schmidt Wrote:  I'm a 51 year old female, in the midst of a major paradigm shift from Christianity
to Agnostic/possible Atheist/possible Deist...not sure yet....but am still "in the closet" with most people, especially the church I work for as an Associate Music Director.
Having a really hard time. Not looking for any particular "answer" but to find my way through to a place that I'm comfortable with. Very hard to think about leaving my Christian community where all my children were baptized, and most of my life-long friends still belong to. Looking for friendship and understanding as I muddle through. Particularly hard as a musician who has written many songs "to the Lord"...and still can and probably want to write melodies for liturgical use...ack!!! Anyone going through this, or gone through it, I welcome your kind thoughts, and musings and wonderings as well! Former devoted, born-again Christian musicians especially welcomed to chime in!!!
Thanks, and best to everyone here!
At the end of the day, no matter what I end up believing, I will act with the utmost dignity towards my fellow human beings, and never force my beliefs on anyone!
KT Schmidt

Hi KT! Welcome!
There are many here who will relate to your story. Even I can relate to how hard the adjustment is leaving life-long friends behind.

Your comment about writing church music made me think of Dan Barker. He was a minister for many years and wrote many songs that he still gets paid royalties on 30 years after leaving the church. He has a book called "Losing Faith in Faith" and also one called, "Godless."

There is also a "Recovering From Religion" forum here under Health & Psychology. We'd love to have you share more of your story with us and hopefully we can support you in return.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
08-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Good day new folks, I hope you enjoy your stays here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Hello! My name is Wayne, I live in maryland, I'm currently in a band (lead guitar, backing vocals), and I've been an athiest since i was 7 years old. I play many games, mainly pc, you can add me on steam, username zidredz.
08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
New here, I live in Canada/Alberta. I'm doing a Bachelor of Education degree at University. In my spare time, I play PC games, lounge around select forums, photography and travel.

I've been an atheist from very early on, probably around the age of 5. When I was younger I was forced to go to church every Sunday and my dislike for it intensified.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know some people and discuss things.

Cheers!
08-09-2012, 11:27 PM
They have an education system in Canada? Who knew?

Welcome aboard. Enjoy yourself.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-09-2012, 11:50 PM
(08-09-2012 11:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  They have an education system in Canada? Who knew?

Welcome aboard. Enjoy yourself.

You were supposed to warn her about the trolls, not be one. No

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
09-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Whats with all these atheist women? Where are all the teenage GIRL atheists in MY area...Weeping

Fuck, my hormones are taking over.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
09-09-2012, 03:49 AM
I'm a 37-year-old male living in the Midwest U.S.A. I was a believer for a number of years, but found the claims of religion to be ultimately useless at best. I'm very excited to be a part of this forum, and will be looking forward to interacting in the future.
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I am a 45 year old male from Illinois. I was raised by a pentecostal mother and a baptist father who did not practice his religion. As a teenager I officially joined the United Pentecostal faith, and felt I had a revelation of and a relationship with, the Lord Jesus Christ. Many things happened after this to cause me to question my faith in this experience, to say the least.
I have been questioning the apostolic pentecostal faith since at least the year 2000. In 2011 I became divorced and, living alone, decided that I had nothing left to lose by confirming my complete lack of faith in any God or Religion. Having done that, I found some atheist communities on the web, including the thinking atheist on YouTube, which I listen to frequently. I decided to join the forum after learning about it on the podcast/YouTube videos.
09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Greetings everyone. I hail from the NW panhandle of Florida in a small town named Wewahitchka.
I am a student about a week away from my A.A. in Criminal Justice. I work for the DoD at Tyndall AFB, a training camp for pilots. I am also a single mother of two. It is nice to meet you all!
Thread Closed