Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-09-2012, 08:00 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi all newbies.

Welcome.

Jump in and enjoy yourselves.

Watch out for the occasional troll amongst the gentle and / or outspoken deists, theists and atheists. All are welcome here.

(ps. Rhonda, Bowing Thanks for adding to my inferiority complex Weeping )

Find all posts by this user
09-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I guess this is the time and place to say, "Hi, my name is Jered and I'm an atheist." Not much else to it than that. I live in San Diego, have a wife and kids and that's about it.
[+] 1 user Likes JerBear's post
10-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Hello Everybody!
I am also new here, I just found this forum and found it quite interesting and informative. I hope I will stay here for a while.
10-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Hello
My name is Jennifer. I am an Atheist female from California.
11-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Hi my name is Devin, I'm a teenage atheist from South Africa. I enjoy the TTA vids and the comapny of other atheists.

[Image: hecf-1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes hawkeyecf's post
11-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Hello there! I am Gert and since very young a atheist from Belgium. I've been listening to the podcast for several months now.
11-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Hello, everyone! My name is John and I'm a 25 year old atheist from Ohio. I was raised in a Pentecostal household and church and became an atheist in the fall of 2010. Needless to say my parents aren't thrilled. But I am much happier! Since then I've enjoyed learning a lot about arguments against religion and rekindling my interest in science again.
12-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Hi,

I'm Hendra, 31 y/o, from Amsterdam (the Netherlands), originally from Indonesia. Born to a traditional, conservative moslem family, I never heard of the word atheism until I went to college back in 1998. Through the years of reading, analysing, comparing, discussing and reflecting, I gradually denounced my belief. Now I'm very much happy with the choice that I made. I have much more time to really care for other human beings instead of wasting my time die-praying.

Cheers!
12-09-2012, 07:01 AM
My name is Casey.
I am from New Zealand...Wellington specifically. I am an Atheist.
Having recently come out of a strong Christian church environment that statement feels both liberating and empowering. I am very keen to connect with the Atheist community and to meet people with similiar interests. I am very much enjoying the works of Youtube atheists such as Philhellenes, Evid3nc3 and AronRa at the moment (Evid3nc3 was actually very influential in my deconversion). I am interested in Philosophy, Science, Humanism, Gardening, History, Technology, and the Outdoors.
That about sums it up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I call myself Elesjei, a phonetic version of my gamer name 'LSJ'.

I am a 22 year-old Canadian interested in politics, history, science, music, and the natural world (particularly plants).

I was not raised in a religious family, and years of experience with a very diverse community (about 50% immigrant) including Jewish Israelis, Somali and Persian Muslims, Buddhist Chinese, and Russian communists (yes, really), made me start questioning religion. I took a 'world religions' course in high-school, and that was the nail in the coffin for any religious tendencies I had.
Thread Closed