Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
16-09-2012, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2012 03:24 AM by Hughsie.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm new to the forum, website, etc., and I'm happy to be here! I'm 40 y/o and in my adult life have been a proud atheists. My mother Buddhist and father Baptist never pushed me in any direction, or taught me about religion. They would just remind me that there is a god and I should believe in it. As an adult I now remind my parents that I’m atheist and they are a little bitter, but I just laugh because we never and I mean never went to church and they really didn’t do much to brain wash me in that direction (not that going to church would have made a different.) I think they aren't sure, but too scared to say they aren't sure. “Believe… just in case” is what I see in their eyes. lol.. oh well, I love them either way.

As for my life, my wonderful husband and I are raising our 2 smart boys with free will , open minds, and the curiosity of the world in it’s infinite universe.

-Cheers to everyone!
Find all posts by this user
17-09-2012, 11:24 AM
(24-08-2012 04:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Remember that unlike FSM_scot or our beloved Erxomai I can slap you in real life as well as metaphorically!

Hey babe.
If you hit my sister-in-law, I may have to discipline you.
And not in the way that you might enjoy. Wink

I love you, hylonome.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm Scott I'm 24 I live in MN at the moment I want to be a police officer, I'm a former Marine and I'm an atheist who is out and proud hahaha. Nice to see many free thinkers.
17-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Welcome to all our new members. Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
17-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Hello! I'm a 31 year old male office worker living in PA. I've considered myself and Atheist for about 3 years before that I had called myself Agnostic since high school. I was raised in Dominican Republic in a Roman Catholic household. I even remember wanting to be a priest. I enjoyed singing, and I enjoyed going to church. I enjoyed being the center of attention. I don't recall having anything but a superficial understanding of scripture. I do remember asking many questions such as "But, what came before god?" and getting answers like "THAT"S JUST HOW IT IS, YOU DON'T ASK THAT!" Eventually I stopped questioning anything and anyone. I'm trying to get back my voice.
[+] 1 user Likes Aknor's post
18-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Hi, I'm a 36 year old Englishman. I've looked in to religion very seriously since I was 15. I considered myself Agnostic until about 24 then decided I had no choice but to acknowledge the obvious and I am an atheist.

I firmly believe that people can hold whatever world view they wish, as long as they accept the more outlandish it is the more evidence is required. I've tried a few forums before but never stuck with one, not that there's any particular reason for that... I've joined this one because I love the videos and podcasts AND the diversity of the callers on the show!

Religion isn't really a hot topic where I'm from (North East England) until someone finds out you DON'T believe then they're suddenly holier than thou (usually with 7 pints in them haha) so I've been confronted with all of the usual arguments and also some unexpected tolerance from the religious!

Finally... Hello Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
18-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Hey Aknor, and welcome to the forum!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-09-2012, 05:30 PM
helloTongue
18-09-2012, 09:06 PM
G'day. I am Justin, originally from Perth in western Australia.

But now live in Canberra in the ACT with my atheist wife. We are raiing our daughter without religion.

I began an atheist at 14 and have not looked back since.
18-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Hey there. Long time atheist, skeptic and secular humanist from Denver, CO. I'm a self-employed web and graphic designer, husband and father of one daughter.
Thread Closed