Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
18-09-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello fellow Thinking Athiests,
My name is Nicci, I am a 45 year old ED (Emergency and Trauma) nurse from Clifton Springs, Victoria, Australia.
I am looking forward to exploring this fantastic forum and getting to know some more like minded people. Wishing everyone a very pleasant day Smile
Cheer,
Nicci.
[/size][/font]
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2012, 01:23 AM
(17-09-2012 09:16 PM)Aknor Wrote:  Hello! I'm a 31 year old male office worker living in PA. I've considered myself and Atheist for about 3 years before that I had called myself Agnostic since high school. I was raised in Dominican Republic in a Roman Catholic household. I even remember wanting to be a priest. I enjoyed singing, and I enjoyed going to church. I enjoyed being the center of attention. I don't recall having anything but a superficial understanding of scripture. I do remember asking many questions such as "But, what came before god?" and getting answers like "THAT"S JUST HOW IT IS, YOU DON'T ASK THAT!" Eventually I stopped questioning anything and anyone. I'm trying to get back my voice.

Welcome Aknor! I remember asking, "If God created us, then who created God?" The answer that didn't get me to shut up or continue being a skeptic was, "Who are YOU to ask those questions about your maker?" Which I thought was a stupid answer at age 12 & made me realize that this so-called god was an ass for saying I wasn't good enough to ask such questions. Are you serious? lol Anyway, welcome to the forum & enjoy your stay! Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Hello all, I am a 31 year old atheist originally from SoCal, active duty USAF about to go to South Korea for a year. I was raised as a non-denominational christian in a church that started at around 100 people, and over my 18+ years grew to a monstrosity with a youth group measuring into the thousands. I was youth counselor, and spent 4 nights/days a week there. It took me 'til my mid-twenties to finally kick my faith completely, and have since become rather outspoken. I can take questions without being offended, and consider myself to be exceptionally rational in most cases. In short, I try to be as happy as I can be as often as possible, so don't ever shy away from me :-)

I like where you're going with this. It's a shame that you're wrong. ;-)
19-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Welcome all you new people!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
19-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi, I’m Ray
I am a retired Sewage Treatment Worker from New York City, now I’m living in Florida, Land of the true Redneck and home of the most closed and narrow minded religious fanatic. All they tell me is they see god all the time and I ask them to show me all they say is you have to have Faith.
I’m an Atheist since I was 12 years old, I was not able to believe the lies the church was pushing out and also how they were trying to make people believe in all their lies, But my true coming out as an Atheist was when I was working as a Sewage Treatment Worker I was able to see how unholy the Christian behaved For years they were able to dish out a lot of crap on humanity and get away with it, in the name of God.
So, I moved to Florida to get away from the falsehood of New York City, but what I get is that I moved to the land of the true Redneck and the land of the most closed and narrow minded religious fanatics in the world. The Redneck believes that the Civil Wars is still going on and that he is winning, thinking that he‘ll get his slave back, so they can serve him. The religious fanatic is always praying and telling you that Jesus is coming, never reading anything other than the Bible, so his mind is close to new and fresh idea
Now I am looking for a place where the Atheist roam and the buffalo’s play...LOL
Thanks
20-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Welcome all new people, I think you'll enjoy your time here Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
20-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi all newbies.

Indeed welcome.

Jump in and enjoy yourselves.

Watch out for the occasional troll amongst the gentle and / or outspoken deists, theists and atheists. All are welcome here.

The trolls seem to be only allowed out unsupervised on weekends so that's when to avoid the fireworks if you are of a sensitive nature.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

I used to be the Infamous Atheist Poster ScottCA, on CNN.com. That is until today, when I got banned for typing "Magnificent Mittens and his Miraculous Magical Underwear."

Due to this it appears I will need to create a new ID for Disqus in future.

So much for freedom of Speech and Expression in America. For this reason I will be using an alternate ID Scott21 for Disqus posts from here forward. You can guess what my first post will be and for sure it will involve magical underwear.
[+] 1 user Likes ScottCA's post
20-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey bro,
You do great work over there. The level of discussion is far below here, and I never could understand how you stood all that ignorance.
Bucky
(the former llɐq ʎʞɔnq), now realbuckyball, (due to some asshole stealing my name).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks man, you do good work as well over there. I get a little over zealous at times, mostly because I am new to this, and it shocked me to see the level of ignorance that is out there about the basics of science and reason.

I just changed my Scott21 profile over to xScottCAx for discus posting. Still in shock that they banned me over "Marvelous Mittens and his Miraculous Magical Underwear." I think the moderator Named David Williams is either a Mormon or a Republican, but i pissed him off badly with that post.
Thread Closed