Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
20-09-2012, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 06:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(20-09-2012 04:50 PM)ScottCA Wrote:  Thanks man, you do good work as well over there. I get a little over zealous at times, mostly because I am new to this, and it shocked me to see the level of ignorance that is out there about the basics of science and reason.

I just changed my Scott21 profile over to xScottCAx for discus posting. Still in shock that they banned me over "Marvelous Mittens and his Miraculous Magical Underwear." I think the moderator Named David Williams is either a Mormon or a Republican, but i pissed him off badly with that post.

I wouldn't doubt he is. Maybe I'll go there and talk about this.
That is really ridiculous. Many times I have used the HTML tricks to get around the word filter, (I swear, and say whatever I want), and NO ONE ever said anything to me.

It could also could be a conspiracy. I'm sure you ticked off a LOT of people. If they organized 5 people per post, (or even just that one), the cut-off is 5. Anything above that on the "report abuse" button goes to a mod. Someone may have organized something. What article was the Mittens post in ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2012, 07:13 PM
(20-09-2012 06:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 04:50 PM)ScottCA Wrote:  Thanks man, you do good work as well over there. I get a little over zealous at times, mostly because I am new to this, and it shocked me to see the level of ignorance that is out there about the basics of science and reason.

I just changed my Scott21 profile over to xScottCAx for discus posting. Still in shock that they banned me over "Marvelous Mittens and his Miraculous Magical Underwear." I think the moderator Named David Williams is either a Mormon or a Republican, but i pissed him off badly with that post.

I wouldn't doubt he is. Maybe I'll go there and talk about this.
That is really ridiculous. Many times I have used the HTML tricks to get around the word filter, (I swear, and say whatever I want), and NO ONE ever said anything to me.

It could also could be a conspiracy. I'm sure you ticked off a LOT of people. If they organized 5 people per post, (or even just that one), the cut-off is 5. Anything above that on the "report abuse" button goes to a mod. Someone may have organized something. What article was the Mittens post in ?

The ban has been lifted, now David Williams has been in contact with me via email. He had some more legitimate concerns regarding ealier posts, where I may have been overly zealous and insulting and one that was most definitely over the line even by my own standards. We reached an understanding on those, but I still feel very strange that I am not allowed to say "Marvelous Mittens and his Miraculous Magical Underwear." but I am inclined to meet him half way at this point and attempt to word my statements differently. He felt it was an overly childish insult and purhaps it was, though I feel it rests safely in free speech.
20-09-2012, 07:15 PM
The ban has been lifted, now David Williams has been in contact with me via email. He had some more legitimate concerns regarding ealier posts, where I may have been overly zealous and insulting and one that was most definitely over the line even by my own standards. We reached an understanding on those, but I still feel very strange that I am not allowed to say "Marvelous Mittens and his Miraculous Magical Underwear." but I am inclined to meet him half way at this point and attempt to word my statements differently. He felt it was an overly childish insult and purhaps it was, though I feel it rests safely in free speech.
20-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Good. I asked publicly what happened to you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-09-2012, 08:55 PM
(20-09-2012 07:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Good. I asked publicly what happened to you.

Fucking atheists, supporting each other and whatshit, warms me cockles. Thumbsup

#sigh
20-09-2012, 10:14 PM

Hi I'm not an atheist, really, but I'm having what my minister would call a "crisis of faith."

Recently, my son came to me and asked what the purpose of prayer was if God knows everything. I had no answer. I just didn't know what to say. Then I saw a blurb about The Thinking Atheist on Facebook...

I'm not here to try to convert anyone back to God or to argue, I'm really just trying to sort through my issues. The reason I'm here is because I belong to Christian woman's group who are very Bible literal but apologistic toward the unseemly things. When I mentioned my dilemma they offered to pray for me. But they had no answer except for the predictable ones.
[+] 1 user Likes Onthefence's post
20-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Welcome Onthefence Smile

Er... you realise this isn't gonna be hella comforting poking around here Wink

Our local Christian boyo KingsChosen has his own theory as to the purpose of prayer but it's... well I gotta warn you it's well and truly fucked up. (BTW you might need to wear a hard hat, there's loadsa swearing around here.) You might put the question to him in the Ask A Theist thread.
20-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello, OnTheFence. Welcome to TTA. I look forward to seeing what questions you'll be posting. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Hi on the fence welcome. It may help ease your fears of the word Atheist to know that most Atheists are willing to believe in the concept of Spinoza's god. That is God viewed as the laws that govern the natural evolution of the universe. This is more a philosophy than a belief in a personal god. But this should help you feel more comfortable around us and talking with us.
21-09-2012, 09:01 AM

(21-09-2012 12:39 AM)ScottCA Wrote:  Hi on the fence welcome. It may help ease your fears of the word Atheist to know that most Atheists are willing to believe in the concept of Spinoza's god. That is God viewed as the laws that govern the natural evolution of the universe. This is more a philosophy than a belief in a personal god. But this should help you feel more comfortable around us and talking with us.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

I do rather like that idea. Hopefully today I'll have more time to explore this forum. :-)
[+] 1 user Likes Onthefence's post
Thread Closed