Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(21-09-2012 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 04:55 PM)Onthefence Wrote:  I think I need more coffee Wink

The Hofmannists among us may have different sacraments than you might be used to. But Welcome! Watch out for the concertina wire while you're sitting on the fence. Shit's razor sharp.

I didn't know Abbie Hoffman ate babies. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-09-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm a 49 year old Atheist in Georgia,USA. My first experience with religion was my parent's...Jehovah's Witnesses,worse than you think! Since then I tried a few churches and Bahai Faith,but only Atheism is a good fit for me..at last,a 100% reality based view of life.I'm also a member of the American Humanist Association.
[+] 1 user Likes Scottz's post
22-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey everybody. My names Phil. I am currently going to college studying history with plans to either teach at the high school level or go on to law school. I am a bit of a nerd and I avoid anything sports related whenever possible. My interests include sketching, video-games, playing the drums, and watching obscure films.

As for my atheism, though i live in a "liberal" community there is still a lot of misconceptions about atheism and skepticism. I often encounter statements that question how i can have morality or enjoy life without a belief in God. Also, I am often called closed minded for not accepting spiritual claims on faith alone. Most of what is directed towards me is harmless and I have thick-skin so I don't let it bother me. However, I do face disapproval from some family members and I can't come out fully because my girlfriend of 5 years' baptist family would refuse to let her continue to see me if they found out. My girlfriend is religious but, she accepts me and when we end up arguing religion it is always civil.

Minor issues aside, life is beautiful
24-09-2012, 08:52 AM
My progression to atheism started when I was in college and looking at comparative religious studies with a possibility to becoming a Methodist minister. Then for the first time I started seeing inconsistencies in the Bible and could not get a good answer to "explain the trinity". That combined with the fact that the number of religions in the world and the shear number of denominations with in each, and "dead" religions (like roman, greek, egyptian mythology) are labled fictional. Where do you draw the line? I have compiled a long reading list of 150 Atheist books that would be good to share.
24-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Good to see 3 new people! Hope to see you in the forums somewhere.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Yo, I just found this forum and hope to discuss some deep philosophy and get to know like minded people.
24-09-2012, 08:43 PM
(24-09-2012 08:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  Yo, I just found this forum and hope to discuss some deep philosophy and get to know like minded people.

Welcome. There are many like-minded people here and some others.

There is a lot of camaraderie, horsing around, and bitching.

Occasionally, we actually have a serious discussion. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2012, 08:48 PM
(24-09-2012 08:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 08:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  Yo, I just found this forum and hope to discuss some deep philosophy and get to know like minded people.

Welcome. There are many like-minded people here and some others.

I was looking more on the lines of a running with scissors kind of forum.

by the way, I am an atheist/communist/philosophy nerd.
24-09-2012, 09:10 PM
(24-09-2012 08:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 08:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome. There are many like-minded people here and some others.

I was looking more on the lines of a running with scissors kind of forum.

by the way, I am an atheist/communist/philosophy nerd.

I would have told you, but didn't want to scare you away.

Oh, we're also baby-eating atheists. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Hello. I think deep down I've always been an atheist but it wasn't until recently that I discovered I really am. This is my first time joining an atheist forum. Glad to be here and learn some stuff.
Thread Closed