Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-09-2012, 08:10 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(25-09-2012 07:39 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  My name is Mike, I am a very young atheist currently in my first year of highschool. I am thankful that my father is the sort of person that really doesn't care, he holds a firm belief, but he never made me go to church. I escaped the indoctrination and I am very happy that I wasn't forced to "drink the Kool-Aid" This might sound a bit conceited but I do find myself smarter than most people my age and I don't keep up with the latest fads of today's de-evolving mindset. I am going to become an astronomer and an open atheist. Currently under a household where atheism is frowned upon, my brother also shares views with me. My brother (who is also a non believer) often calls me stupid for being interested in science and religion because he thinks I am much to young to be "ranting" around the internet. I hope to become a current member on this page and share my views. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum dude.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2012, 08:29 PM
(25-09-2012 07:39 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  My name is Mike, I am a very young atheist currently in my first year of highschool. I am thankful that my father is the sort of person that really doesn't care, he holds a firm belief, but he never made me go to church. I escaped the indoctrination and I am very happy that I wasn't forced to "drink the Kool-Aid" This might sound a bit conceited but I do find myself smarter than most people my age and I don't keep up with the latest fads of today's de-evolving mindset. I am going to become an astronomer and an open atheist. Currently under a household where atheism is frowned upon, my brother also shares views with me. My brother (who is also a non believer) often calls me stupid for being interested in science and religion because he thinks I am much to young to be "ranting" around the internet. I hope to become a current member on this page and share my views. Thanks.
Are you a teenager.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-09-2012, 03:10 PM
I have to start by apologizing. I was raised Catholic, then became a JW when my mom died. I'm sorry for coming to your door and showing you how stupid I was. It's embarrassing and I'd like to move past it.

I slowly became an atheist after getting in a car accident and realizing that there was no invisible sky monster that either caused or would help me overcome it. I spent several years reading articles on the net about scientific learning and studies. I eventually came to the conclusion that all the evidence I could find pointed to there being no God. It wound up being a pretty low-key realization. More of a thoughtful head cocked "Heh," and move on.
26-09-2012, 03:16 PM
No need for apologies. Welcome to the forum Gabrielsun Smile.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
26-09-2012, 03:40 PM
(26-09-2012 03:10 PM)GabrielSun Wrote:  I have to start by apologizing. I was raised Catholic, then became a JW when my mom died. I'm sorry for coming to your door and showing you how stupid I was. It's embarrassing and I'd like to move past it.

I slowly became an atheist after getting in a car accident and realizing that there was no invisible sky monster that either caused or would help me overcome it. I spent several years reading articles on the net about scientific learning and studies. I eventually came to the conclusion that all the evidence I could find pointed to there being no God. It wound up being a pretty low-key realization. More of a thoughtful head cocked "Heh," and move on.

Welcome. You'll soon discover there are members here who are still stupid.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(26-09-2012 03:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 03:10 PM)GabrielSun Wrote:  I have to start by apologizing. I was raised Catholic, then became a JW when my mom died. I'm sorry for coming to your door and showing you how stupid I was. It's embarrassing and I'd like to move past it.

Welcome. You'll soon discover there are members here who are still stupid.

I asked you to quit calling me that.

Welcome to all the newbies one and all!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi, my name is Louie, I'm 19 years old. I'm obviously an Atheist as well for almost 10 years. I come from a family which are Greek Orthodox Christians and they're pretty much "Heavy Believers". Well no one could accept the fact that I didn't believe in anything, and that gave me some frustrating days back then. The good part is that they finally accepted it and we're fine.
PS: For some weird reason they called me the antichrist! LOL.
26-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Hey y'all! I'm new to forums and although I can type super fast without looking at the keyboard I'm kinda not used to this whole forum thread thing sorry if I did something wrong Blush
I'm a college student (university). I have problems as it is when it comes to befriending people, so, my atheism isn't exactly something I pull at of the blue when I get the chance to have a conversation with people.

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris
26-09-2012, 05:56 PM
(26-09-2012 05:26 PM)Chase Wrote:  Hey y'all! I'm new to forums and although I can type super fast without looking at the keyboard I'm kinda not used to this whole forum thread thing sorry if I did something wrong Blush
I'm a college student (university). I have problems as it is when it comes to befriending people, so, my atheism isn't exactly something I pull at of the blue when I get the chance to have a conversation with people.

Welcome. I'm deducting 5 points for sentence structure.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Welcome new people. Hope you enjoy it here. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Thread Closed