• 6 Votes - 5 Average
26-09-2012, 06:50 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Yes I am a teenager
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2012, 06:51 PM
(25-09-2012 08:29 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 07:39 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  My name is Mike, I am a very young atheist currently in my first year of highschool. I am thankful that my father is the sort of person that really doesn't care, he holds a firm belief, but he never made me go to church. I escaped the indoctrination and I am very happy that I wasn't forced to "drink the Kool-Aid" This might sound a bit conceited but I do find myself smarter than most people my age and I don't keep up with the latest fads of today's de-evolving mindset. I am going to become an astronomer and an open atheist. Currently under a household where atheism is frowned upon, my brother also shares views with me. My brother (who is also a non believer) often calls me stupid for being interested in science and religion because he thinks I am much to young to be "ranting" around the internet. I hope to become a current member on this page and share my views. Thanks.
Are you a teenager.

Yes I am!
26-09-2012, 07:06 PM
(26-09-2012 06:51 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 08:29 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Are you a teenager.

Yes I am!

Well, so am I! I would highly encourage to be highly active in this community, it is very teen friendly, they even allowed us teens a section where we can just hang( or chill, if you will) out and connect with other teens.

Anyways, I really hope to see you out there on the forums and posting, we need more smart teenagers in this world, it's filled to the brim with stupid ones...Drinking Beverage

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-09-2012, 08:05 PM
(26-09-2012 07:06 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 06:51 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  Yes I am!

Well, so am I! I would highly encourage to be highly active in this community, it is very teen friendly, they even allowed us teens a section where we can just hang( or chill, if you will) out and connect with other teens.

Anyways, I really hope to see you out there on the forums and posting, we need more smart teenagers in this world, it's filled to the brim with stupid ones...Drinking Beverage

I know how you feel, everywhere I look in school there is a bunch of people following the latest trends, like robots.

I will be VERY active on this forum, like seth says, it's therapeutic to let out your beliefs and ideas.

I barely qualify to be a teen, I am fourteen going on fifteen.

I don't care about releasing my age, age is a number that we are all assigned, numbers between 1-100 can be guessed. So be it.

My father doesn't know I am an atheist and it will remain that way until I can get out of his roof. I should respect what he believes and not rebel as long as he provides me food shelter and love.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
26-09-2012, 08:52 PM
(26-09-2012 08:05 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 07:06 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Well, so am I! I would highly encourage to be highly active in this community, it is very teen friendly, they even allowed us teens a section where we can just hang( or chill, if you will) out and connect with other teens.

I know how you feel, everywhere I look in school there is a bunch of people following the latest trends, like robots.

I will be VERY active on this forum, like seth says, it's therapeutic to let out your beliefs and ideas.

I don't care about releasing my age, age is a number that we are all assigned, numbers between 1-100 can be guessed. So be it.

My father doesn't know I am an atheist and it will remain that way until I can get out of his roof. I should respect what he believes and not rebel as long as he provides me food shelter and love.

I don't think telling him is rebelling, though he might see it that way, I just thought I should be honest, because its not their beliefs that deserve respect, but the person.

Sometimes respecting the person means telling them the truth, even though they aren't going to like it.

But,then again, I had a bad experience so don't follow my suggestion.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-09-2012, 09:31 PM
(26-09-2012 08:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 08:05 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I know how you feel, everywhere I look in school there is a bunch of people following the latest trends, like robots.

I don't think telling him is rebelling, though he might see it that way, I just thought I should be honest, because its not their beliefs that deserve respect, but the person.

Sometimes respecting the person means telling them the truth, even though they aren't going to like it.

But,then again, I had a bad experience so don't follow my suggestion.

My fathers beliefs don't earn him respect, I just respect his beliefs and they shouldn't be challenged until I am a bit older.

My father is a great man, and if I did tell him I doubt it would be such a hard impact.

He is a Jehova's Witness, so I don't think he believes in a hell (If I'm not mistaken) so I am fine.

I do express my love for science with him and he is proud for that because he does believe in evolution and science because I talked him into it.

But he told me that he cannot give up his belief in god and that I shouldn't reject god.

I told my father that I believed a long time ago, I think he is pretty much on to me and I don't think he really cares.

My mother seems to know that I don't hold any belief in god either.

I respect my father very much because of the man he is, someone that cooks everyday, someone that wakes me up to keep my perfect attendance, and someone who feeds me.

I am luckier than most. Thanks.
26-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Respecting your old man's beliefs is fine, but it does not mean you should bend to them. If you feel that must follow his beliefs "as long as he provides me food shelter and love. " I must say, that is not genuine "love", such affection should be unconditional if it is to be sincere.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the forums, UndercoverAtheist.
26-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Hello,

I'm Michael, 37, former producer, camera op and editor; turner broke writer and philosopher. Currently I'm back in my hometown in VA, a very rural and super fundie part of the state in the southwest region; close to Falwellville (aka Lynchburg, VA) actually, so I'm really out-numbered here, being secular, skeptic and atheist. I did grow up in the typical southern baptist home around these parts. I have a strong interest in getting religion out of the mental health practice, especially public mental health facilities. It's sickening how my shrinks, therapist and counselors push religion on patients when they should be addressing real issues. Would you expect an oncologist to say, "having a spiritual practice might help with this cancer". Even if they felt that way most wouldn't say it as it's professionally improper, but shrinks, therapist and counselors as well as nurses in mental health do it all the time and beyond that, some constantly push religious literature on patients. Anyhow if you're interested in joining my fight in your local area, let me know.
26-09-2012, 11:31 PM
(25-09-2012 02:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 01:37 PM)Freethinking Atheist Wrote:  thank you

You are more than welcome, you'll come to find we are quite friendly.

That's a breath of fresh air. Too many forums are littered with assholes.
Thread Closed