Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
11-10-2012, 11:00 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(09-10-2012 04:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 01:40 PM)Uwon Wrote:  Hello my name is Johann.
I live in South-Africa and I am a"Theist". So you can me and hopefully we can engage in some thought provoking conversation.
You may want to check out my site to see to know more about what I stand for and what I would like to bring to the table...
What do you hope to achieve here?

Hi Chas, maby nothing maby everything...God knows one soul is worth more than the whole world, this just happen to be a place where I'm almost sure to speak to some one who do not know God. Also in this way i can find some insight in the way Atheists think and how to help such a one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 11:45 AM
(09-10-2012 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 01:40 PM)Uwon Wrote:  Hello my name is Johann.
I live in South-Africa and I am a"Theist". So you can me and hopefully we can engage in some thought provoking conversation.
You may want to check out my site to see to know more about what I stand for and what I would like to bring to the table...

Tell us more about your theism.
Hi there Kingschosen,
The Theism I belong to or you could say Theological point of view would be the kind prescribed by the Bible when you take it literally and believe what it say. I would say that for me it is not mere theory but reality. God is real to me. I do think that this is above the natural but goes into the supernatural and thus frustrate the natural mindset and is in need of something called faith or the enlightening of God's Spirit in order to comprehend correctly. Yet I think that there is enough evidence and logic built into the framework of the universe,history and life DNA and especially the Bible for the natural mind to be convinced of the existence of a supernatural God who has in fact revealed Himself through the ages and this communication can pinned down and be found in the Bible.
One key thing that make my "Theism" different is that I believe in the Grace of God, which is contrary to any other religion who uses a merit system (something like good works, self empowerment est.) to climb the ladder to the ultimate state.
As prescribed by the Bible, Salvation is by grace, freely received from God through the payment made by the blood of God through Jesus Christ who also is God and becoming a Child of God or by being spiritually reborn, all Gods doing when a person simply ask God to "save" him.
I guess I could try to describe to you point by point, but I'll be merciful and leave it with that and you can ask me if there is something else.
By the way what is your philosophy or particular Atheism, Theism view.

-Johann
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
(11-10-2012 11:45 AM)Uwon Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Tell us more about your theism.
Hi there Kingschosen,
The Theism I belong to or you could say Theological point of view would be the kind prescribed by the Bible when you take it literally and believe what it say. I would say that for me it is not mere theory but reality. God is real to me. I do think that this is above the natural but goes into the supernatural and thus frustrate the natural mindset and is in need of something called faith or the enlightening of God's Spirit in order to comprehend correctly. Yet I think that there is enough evidence and logic built into the framework of the universe,history and life DNA and especially the Bible for the natural mind to be convinced of the existence of a supernatural God who has in fact revealed Himself through the ages and this communication can pinned down and be found in the Bible.
One key thing that make my "Theism" different is that I believe in the Grace of God, which is contrary to any other religion who uses a merit system (something like good works, self empowerment est.) to climb the ladder to the ultimate state.
As prescribed by the Bible, Salvation is by grace, freely received from God through the payment made by the blood of God through Jesus Christ who also is God and becoming a Child of God or by being spiritually reborn, all Gods doing when a person simply ask God to "save" him.
I guess I could try to describe to you point by point, but I'll be merciful and leave it with that and you can ask me if there is something else.
By the way what is your philosophy or particular Atheism, Theism view.

-Johann

Mind if I made a topic separate from this one and asked you questions there?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Another theist? Welcome... We don't bit... To hard Angel

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Welcome Uwon it would be nice to have another theist around here. Kingschosen is basically on his own since I'm to lazy to post anything. I'm Catholic by the way and Kingschosen is one of those heretical calvinists

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
11-10-2012, 03:03 PM
(11-10-2012 02:43 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Welcome Uwon it would be nice to have another theist around here. Kingschosen is basically on his own since I'm to lazy to post anything. I'm Catholic by the way and Kingschosen is one of those heretical calvinists

I wish you would post more Smile

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
(11-10-2012 03:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 02:43 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Welcome Uwon it would be nice to have another theist around here. Kingschosen is basically on his own since I'm to lazy to post anything. I'm Catholic by the way and Kingschosen is one of those heretical calvinists

I wish you would post more Smile

Feeling lonely, fool?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Hi, everyone.

I'm a twenty-two year old philosophy undergraduate living in the southern United States. I think that God probably exists, and I've chosen the liberal Christian tradition as a way of doing homage to him, so you could say that I'm a liberal Christian.

I joined this forum in hopes of having intelligent discussions regarding the existence of God and other philosophical topics. I'm certainly not here to "win converts" or anything like that.
12-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Hello. I'm 17 and I live in France. Recently, I began encountering religious people (muslims) at my school. They threw at me some anti-evolution arguments and asked for the meaning of life (conversion 101). The fact I was active with Atheist activists on Youtube helped me alot to defend my own ideas and stay confident. So I decided to come here to sharpen even more my arguments and be able to have personalized resources in hand.

By the way, general shout-out to Seth (Of course) AronRa, Thunderf00t, potholer54, and all the people I watched and the name of whom I don't recall right now.
12-10-2012, 11:40 AM
(11-10-2012 11:00 AM)Uwon Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 04:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  What do you hope to achieve here?

Hi Chas, maby nothing maby everything...God knows one soul is worth more than the whole world, this just happen to be a place where I'm almost sure to speak to some one who do not know God. Also in this way i can find some insight in the way Atheists think and how to help such a one.

I don't believe in souls. I neither need nor want your help.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
Thread Closed