Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
14-10-2012, 02:41 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone. I'm 28 male living in Indiana. I enjoy music movies and I'm a pro wrestling fan. I discovered the thinking atheist podcast about a year ago and have been listening every week sense. Its really opened my eyes to a lot of different things and has helped me think for myself better. I look forward to participating.
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2012, 03:07 PM
(14-10-2012 02:41 PM)Misfitman5 Wrote:  Hello everyone. I'm 28 male living in Indiana. I enjoy music movies and I'm a pro wrestling fan. I discovered the thinking atheist podcast about a year ago and have been listening every week sense. Its really opened my eyes to a lot of different things and has helped me think for myself better. I look forward to participating.

Hmm, Indiana?What county?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Allen
15-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi. My name's Andreas and I am from Namibia (in Africa!). I am an agnostic who holds that if God or gods do exist, there is certainly no evidence supporting their cause or what's more, their usefulness in the human scientific world. In other words I have no practical need for belief in first causes or ultimate realities, as they are unverifiable, unknowable and not perceptible beyond what would otherwise be something derived from deluded psychosomatic feelings. Belief is a waste of our time, as I have experienced firsthand from years of seeking and searching for meaning and sampling from the plethora of dogmas during the course of my life, and finally (thankfully!) coming to the realisation that in this searching lies no reward or any possible progress. I think that belief in God or supreme beings causes far more harm than good in this world due to the significant polarization and division it causes in society. I am so grateful that I am finally free and able to live my life fully, mindfully and peacefully, knowing that I do not have to worry about an afterlife; that I can live my life to the fullest regardless of creed or spiritual purity. That I can love and live fully and that this love or life does not come from some eternal Source but from deep inside of ME.

Nice to meet you folks.

An article with definitions of "Agnostic" and "Atheist" that I found aptly defines my interpretation of the terms.
http://atheistden.wordpress.com/tag/etymology/

Nosce Te Ipsum - Know Thyself
[+] 1 user Likes das@nam's post
16-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Elizabeth and I am 18 years old. Smile I was raised a Methodist Christian, growing for a "sinner", to a skeptic, to the strong, happy atheist I am today. I'm a senior in High School and am active in marching band and other art mediums. I love literature, poetry and what not. I am so excited to be a part of the Thinking Atheist community. Please don't be shy, I can't wait to get to know the amazing minds that reside here.

"If God is real, he better have a good excuse." - Woody Allen
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Wolfmurder's post
16-10-2012, 11:14 PM
(15-10-2012 06:31 AM)das@nam Wrote:  Hi. My name's Andreas and I am from Namibia (in Africa!).

Welcome Smile I'm Southern African too - Zimbabwe growing up, now in SA.
16-10-2012, 11:16 PM
(16-10-2012 09:46 PM)Wolfmurder Wrote:  Hey everyone! My name is Elizabeth and I am 18 years old. Smile I was raised a Methodist Christian, growing for a "sinner", to a skeptic, to the strong, happy atheist I am today. I'm a senior in High School and am active in marching band and other art mediums. I love literature, poetry and what not. I am so excited to be a part of the Thinking Atheist community. Please don't be shy, I can't wait to get to know the amazing minds that reside here.

Welcome Smile
16-10-2012, 11:20 PM
(16-10-2012 11:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 06:31 AM)das@nam Wrote:  Hi. My name's Andreas and I am from Namibia (in Africa!).

Welcome Smile I'm Southern African too - Zimbabwe. Growing up now, in SA.

Fixed your punctuation for you. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-10-2012, 11:33 PM
(16-10-2012 11:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 11:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome Smile I'm Southern African too - Zimbabwe. Growing up now, in SA.

Fixed your punctuation for you. Drinking Beverage

By Allah, may you die the death of a thousand misbegotten camels!!! Angry
17-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(16-10-2012 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 11:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Fixed your punctuation for you. Drinking Beverage

By Allah, may you die the death of a thousand misbegotten camels!!! Angry

I thought you favored seagulls. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
Thread Closed