Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2012, 06:56 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(30-10-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Welcome! Did you really think you could speak in tongues?

Ha ha... yes, indeed. Oddly enough, the tongues sounded suspiciously like the Japanese I happened to hear for hours every day during my Anime-obsessed teen years.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seek_Kolinahr's post
31-10-2012, 06:59 AM
(31-10-2012 06:56 AM)Seek_Kolinahr Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Welcome! Did you really think you could speak in tongues?

Ha ha... yes, indeed. Oddly enough, the tongues sounded suspiciously like the Japanese I happened to hear for hours every day during my Anime-obsessed teen years.

Funny how that happens, huh?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-10-2012, 08:29 AM
New to the forum, just thought I'd say Hello.
I have unfortunately always been surrounded by the religious, family, friends, etc. Just looking for a place to get involved in intelligent discussion and maybe a bit of a feeling of community that I am missing in daily life.
31-10-2012, 09:23 AM
hi,
my name is jimmy, i'm 49 yrs old and i own a cafe in athens greece where i live the last 20 years (born in montreal canada). i've been always in question of religion and god, the judeo christian god in particular, and living in greece with its heavy load of history, i find the destruction of the ancient world from the early christians appaling, leaving me with disgust whenever i pass by ancient ruins, my question is: was this transition or evolution from the eye openeing beauty of the ancients to the darkness of christianity a natural transendance of mankind, or was it imposed by force, and why wasnt there enough mind power to stop 1000 years of hiddeous theocracy?

p.s.- feel free to pick on the above. oh, and sorry for the lack of capitalizing....its just my style!
[+] 2 users Like jime's post
31-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello, all. I'm Sara. I'm new, so I'm posting here. This looks like a lively community; I'm excited to explore it. Smile
31-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi,

I'm an atheist, always have been. Keen on history, science and knowledge. Despise religion, particularly in the modern/western world where really people should just know better than to believe that nonsense. It's embarrassing to be human sometimes.
31-10-2012, 06:53 PM
(31-10-2012 09:23 AM)jime Wrote:  hi,
my name is jimmy, i'm 49 yrs old and i own a cafe in athens greece where i live the last 20 years (born in montreal canada). i've been always in question of religion and god, the judeo christian god in particular, and living in greece with its heavy load of history, i find the destruction of the ancient world from the early christians appaling, leaving me with disgust whenever i pass by ancient ruins, my question is: was this transition or evolution from the eye openeing beauty of the ancients to the darkness of christianity a natural transendance of mankind, or was it imposed by force, and why wasnt there enough mind power to stop 1000 years of hiddeous theocracy?

p.s.- feel free to pick on the above. oh, and sorry for the lack of capitalizing....its just my style!

That's an interesting question. You should ask it in one of the discussion forums further down. Thumbsup
31-10-2012, 07:06 PM
(31-10-2012 06:56 AM)Seek_Kolinahr Wrote:  

... You better not bash Anime.... I am still in those years.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
01-11-2012, 02:45 AM
My name is Mike. I'm a pilot in the Air Force. I've been a pseudo-agnostic since I was in my teens, but now I'm a atheist through and through.

I'm struggling with coming out about it...not in an agressive way, but in a "I don't care what anyone thinks of me" way, especially since I have a right-wing father who judges everything.

Additionally, I'm in the wrong profession as a liberal...the military. I'm surrounded by vocal, religious, right-wing basket cases who don't know their audience when they speak. I stay neutral as to not ruin my career...yes, that would happen if I spoke out.

Any advice?
Mike
[+] 1 user Likes mikeyD's post
01-11-2012, 05:50 AM
(01-11-2012 02:45 AM)mikeyD Wrote:  My name is Mike. I'm a pilot in the Air Force. I've been a pseudo-agnostic since I was in my teens, but now I'm a atheist through and through.

I'm struggling with coming out about it...not in an agressive way, but in a "I don't care what anyone thinks of me" way, especially since I have a right-wing father who judges everything.

Additionally, I'm in the wrong profession as a liberal...the military. I'm surrounded by vocal, religious, right-wing basket cases who don't know their audience when they speak. I stay neutral as to not ruin my career...yes, that would happen if I spoke out.

Any advice?
Mike

Welcome to the forum. No specific advice from me, but enjoy hanging out around the forum. I found that just having a place to discuss ideas without some clown jumping down my throat about God relieved a lot of the pressure that I was feeling.
Thread Closed