Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
02-11-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(31-10-2012 07:06 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 06:56 AM)Seek_Kolinahr Wrote:  Ha ha... yes, indeed. Oddly enough, the tongues sounded suspiciously like the Japanese I happened to hear for hours every day during my Anime-obsessed teen years.

... You better not bash Anime.... I am still in those years.
Me? Bash anime?
Never!
I have a 4 year old who is obsessed with Pokemon. I got sick of Disney shite really quickly.
Kid, meet Pikachu. You're welcome.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seek_Kolinahr's post
02-11-2012, 02:37 PM
RE: This is me. :^)
(02-11-2012 09:02 AM)pianodwarf Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 08:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome.
Thanks!

Quote:Why the name 'pianodwarf'?
It's a very long and complicated story, one that I may get into someday but not right now. In case you're curious, though, I'm 5'11" and I don't play piano. The origin of the name is a bit more obscure.
That's clear. Blink By the way, you bear a striking resemblance to Edward Scissorhands. Remarkable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2012, 03:04 PM
(02-11-2012 02:34 PM)Seek_Kolinahr Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 07:06 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  ... You better not bash Anime.... I am still in those years.
Me? Bash anime?
Never!
I have a 4 year old who is obsessed with Pokemon. I got sick of Disney shite really quickly.
Kid, meet Pikachu. You're welcome.
I hated Pokemon as a child.
I am in love with Death Note though.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
03-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Hi there,

I've just joined up after having watched 'The Oklahoma Freethought Convention' video on YouTube featuring The Thinking Atheist. Smile
This is me in a nutshell; I was brought up as a Catholic in an Italian immigrant family here in the UK. At the age of 20 I came into contact with Jehovah's Witnesses and shortly after became a baptised Witness myself. After 15 years as a JW I finally left, only however to go onto joining a couple of other Christian churches. I guess a series of events happened in my life that led me to eventually start asking questions about my beliefs. Lots of things to do with god and the bible just didn't make sense and so I eventually left religion and believing in god, any god, behind. Although I profess to not liking being labeled and say that I am just me, I realise that despite not wanting to be labeled, my thoughts are very much synchronised and attuned to those of atheism's.

I have a Youtube channel where I have posted a few videos about myself as an ex JW/Christian and my thoughts as they are today. My YouTube username/channel name is also summersun2828. You're all welcome to pop along and take a look and see who I am and listen to what I have to say.

Hoping very much to get to know a few of you on here and to be an active member of this site. Thumbsup
03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
(03-11-2012 09:15 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  Hi there,

I've just joined up after having watched 'The Oklahoma Freethought Convention' video on YouTube featuring The Thinking Atheist. Smile
This is me in a nutshell; I was brought up as a Catholic in an Italian immigrant family here in the UK. At the age of 20 I came into contact with Jehovah's Witnesses and shortly after became a baptised Witness myself. After 15 years as a JW I finally left, only however to go onto joining a couple of other Christian churches. I guess a series of events happened in my life that led me to eventually start asking questions about my beliefs. Lots of things to do with god and the bible just didn't make sense and so I eventually left religion and believing in god, any god, behind. Although I profess to not liking being labeled and say that I am just me, I realise that despite not wanting to be labeled, my thoughts are very much synchronised and attuned to those of atheism's.

I have a Youtube channel where I have posted a few videos about myself as an ex JW/Christian and my thoughts as they are today. My YouTube username/channel name is also summersun2828. You're all welcome to pop along and take a look and see who I am and listen to what I have to say.

Hoping very much to get to know a few of you on here and to be an active member of this site. Thumbsup

Welcome to the mayhem.

One more Brit. Excellent.

03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Smile
I am Efi, 16 y/o, from Israel.
Proud Jewish (:
[+] 1 user Likes efid845's post
03-11-2012, 11:49 AM
(03-11-2012 10:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 09:15 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  Hi there,

Welcome to the mayhem.

(03-11-2012 10:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks for your welcome, DLJ but technically speaking I'm Italian (born and bred) but brought up and living in the UK. :-) Wink
04-11-2012, 04:55 AM
(03-11-2012 11:49 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 10:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to the mayhem.

Thanks for your welcome, DLJ but technically speaking I'm Italian (born and bred) but brought up and living in the UK. :-) Wink

Bedford! No shit! Did you go knocking on doors in the village of Harrold? If so, you can have your leaflets back!

04-11-2012, 05:00 AM
(04-11-2012 04:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 11:49 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  Thanks for your welcome, DLJ but technically speaking I'm Italian (born and bred) but brought up and living in the UK. :-) Wink

Bedford! No shit! Did you go knocking on doors in the village of Harrold? If so, you can have your leaflets back!
You used to live in Harrold? Lol! I went to loads of villages around Bedford so I may have well gone there as well but I only called on the Italian families as I belonged to the Bedford Italian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. So I guess I never placed any leaflets with you then. Lol! Big Grin
04-11-2012, 07:43 AM
(04-11-2012 05:00 AM)summersun2828 Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 04:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Bedford! No shit! Did you go knocking on doors in the village of Harrold? If so, you can have your leaflets back!
You used to live in Harrold? Lol! I went to loads of villages around Bedford so I may have well gone there as well but I only called on the Italian families as I belonged to the Bedford Italian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. So I guess I never placed any leaflets with you then. Lol! Big Grin

I guess not, then.

Calling on Italian families sound harmless enough... it's when the Italian families call on you that you gotta worry.

They give you a leaflet you can't refuse.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
Thread Closed