Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
05-11-2012, 12:06 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm a Scottish, 16 year old boy.

I'm an:

Atheist, existential nihilist, secular humanist, philosophical naturalist, humean and pretty much an all round votary of reason and science!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LogicPersonified's post
05-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Hello.....Im an old scottish relic. Never read the bible,someone told me they were fairy stories for retards so never botherd.
[+] 1 user Likes Thescottishatheist's post
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Two new Scots Big Grin. Welcome.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
06-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Greetings everyone, my name is Steve and am a lifelong non religious person who at age 53 decided to become a little more I guess you could say more of an activist and openly showing people who I am, and that is clearly an Atheist. I'm not going to be quiet about it anymore. I found this site by browsing and hope you will welcome me. I could use some rational people in my life about now. Today's election day and I am being presented two choices, One wears magic underwear and wants to lead the nation, and the other is our sitting president who spent a lot of time attending a quite radical preachers church who he has distanced himself from after becoming elected. The poison of religion seems to be everywhere. Thank you for letting me vent a little.

Big Grin
06-11-2012, 11:26 AM
(06-11-2012 10:17 AM)C130C123 Wrote:  Greetings everyone, my name is Steve and am a lifelong non religious person who at age 53 decided to become a little more I guess you could say more of an activist and openly showing people who I am, and that is clearly an Atheist. I'm not going to be quiet about it anymore. I found this site by browsing and hope you will welcome me. I could use some rational people in my life about now. Today's election day and I am being presented two choices, One wears magic underwear and wants to lead the nation, and the other is our sitting president who spent a lot of time attending a quite radical preachers church who he has distanced himself from after becoming elected. The poison of religion seems to be everywhere. Thank you for letting me vent a little.

Big Grin
Greetings, Steve! Hope you enjoy your stay with TTA. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
06-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello TTA. I have been following the sit for a few week and decided to join in. I was a born again for few years because of my ex wife. When that finished I started questioning Christianity. I waffled a lot until I started watch the show "Bullshit." The show got me to started on reading a lot of atheist and skeptic books. Now I see a lot more wonder in this complex world. Being born again was so easy but question a little and it falls apart.
06-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Reintroducing Myself
Hey folks,

I joined a while back (February, to be exact), then quite a few things happened to turn my life upside down. As I've been away after not much activity, I thought that I'd try a reintroduction.

I'm Diana Clarion, first in war, first in peace, and last in the American League. My folks raised my late sister and myself Roman Catholic; subsequently, she found Jesus and I found Carl Sagan. I've always preferred reason to myth, as much as I sometimes wish that I could buy into the myth. It's the whole hope-in-myth thing, I guess. In my current situation, I need all the hope that I can get.

In the past, I had viewed my atheism as a "negative" philosophy, i.e. "I don't believe" or "There is no falsifiability". Since my financial position forced me to live in a dilapidated house in conditions that can be best described as "Neolithic", I'm trying to take a "positive" view of my atheism, i.e. "There is no god to provide, so I have to provide for myself". It's frightening, even terrifying, but it's teaching me a lot about myself, things that no bearded-guy-in-the-clouds religion could ever begin to show me. I'm learning that I am not a frail, helpless creature in need of the protection of a benevolent god and to which I must forfeit my personality to obtain that god's graces, I am instead a personality who will make it through the winter and beyond on her own effort or die in the attempt. I am learning that I will make it in spite of the god of Fred Phelps, who hates me because I am lesbian and transsexual.

There is no god in this foxhole, there is only a strong woman, and she will make it.

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like dclarion's post
06-11-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: Reintroducing Myself
(06-11-2012 11:23 PM)dclarion Wrote:  Hey folks,
she found Jesus and I found Carl Sagan

That may be up for TTA quote of the year ! Tongue
Welcome.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-11-2012, 11:42 PM
(05-11-2012 12:06 PM)LogicPersonified Wrote:  I'm a Scottish, 16 year old boy.
I'm an:
Atheist, existential nihilist, secular humanist, philosophical naturalist, humean and pretty much an all round votary of reason and science!
I'm just a human humean, but welcome.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
RE: Reintroducing Myself
(06-11-2012 11:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2012 11:23 PM)dclarion Wrote:  Hey folks,
she found Jesus and I found Carl Sagan

That may be up for TTA quote of the year ! Tongue
Welcome.
Thanks, Bucky. Ann became one of those really annoying and scary Pentacostal types. She died five years ago, aged 46, of a cerebral hemmorhage. I truly hope that she is with her Jesus (in terms of her last thought), but did she really have to hammer everyone else over the head with him?

What is so truly sad is that, of the two they started with, my parents (and I employ the term generously) now have only one, and that is St. Ann. They wrote me off when I finally had to come out as transsexual because it was getting hard to hide.

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed