Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone! I'm a 20 year-old college kid who was raised Christian, but has since become an agnostic (thanks to stumbling upon thethinkingatheist YouTube channel. Thank you by the way, you have freed me.) I joined the forum because I have questions, and this seems to be a great place to find answers.
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2012, 01:56 PM
G'day Jesse, if I may ask (assuming you read this) what're you a student of? And your only an agnostic?
Well Jesse, ask whatever questions you have, it is the fool who asks no questions.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-11-2012, 01:57 PM
(09-11-2012 01:56 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  G'day Jesse, if I may ask (assuming you read this) what're you a student of? And your only an agnostic?
Well Jesse, ask whatever questions you have, it is the fool who asks no questions.
What does it mean to be "only an agnostic"?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-11-2012, 01:58 PM
(09-11-2012 01:56 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  G'day Jesse, if I may ask (assuming you read this) what're you a student of? And your only an agnostic?

Well, you can guarantee that it'll be fools supplying whatever half-assed answers he gets Tongue But we're nice fools. Not like those other fools.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Erx, I mean exactly what I said; "Only an agnostic?".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-11-2012, 02:17 PM
(09-11-2012 02:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Erx, I mean exactly what I said; "Only an agnostic?".
What are you? Only an atheist?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-11-2012, 02:39 PM
(09-11-2012 02:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 02:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Erx, I mean exactly what I said; "Only an agnostic?".
What are you? Only an atheist?
"Only an agnostic atheist" to be precise. It's more probable that there is no deity floating around this (or any other) universe, but it's not possible to know for certain... at least not yet, maybe one day....

10-11-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi I'm Pumuckl. I've been scientific skeptic and an atheist for about 3 years. I'm middle aged although my mother tries to deny it.
10-11-2012, 07:01 AM
I'm Evan. I'm 26 and had the luxury of growing up in Iowa, not traditionally thought of as a heavy Christian or religious area. And it's not. I was able to make up my own mind early on, and can still remember the specific moment I became atheist. I was raised Catholic, so believing in God was something people told me, but because my parents (mom specifically) were devout, I didn't give it much thought until I was 14. If anyone wants to hear my stories, feel free to message me.
To Seth: Thank you for developing this site, and more importantly thank you for the podcasts. I just stumbled onto them two days ago and have already listened to nearly a dozen of them. They give me comfort and hope for my future, that maybe I can help the world by doing something similar. I pretty much hate my job, and would LOVE to do something similar to The Thinking Atheist as a full time job.
10-11-2012, 11:12 AM
(10-11-2012 04:49 AM)Pumuckl Wrote:  Hi I'm Pumuckl. I've been scientific skeptic and an atheist for about 3 years. I'm middle aged although my mother tries to deny it.
Welcome, welcome.

Denial is a wonderful safety mechanism... much under-valued.

Thread Closed