Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
12-11-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome JDA, hope you find the forums as helpful as you seem to think it will be.

See you around.

... Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the Church of God[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif], aren't all those wastes of space god dedicated?[/font]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Hi! I'm new to this forum. I'm just completely discouraged lately and have this deep burning desire to connect with people who don't belief in god.

I'm a mom to two (sometimes three if I include my husband) boys one 18 and the other is 13. My 13 year old is on the spectrum with autism. We could say he's naturally atheist.

Recently he said someone at school was talking about heaven...it told him that we're all stardust and what's really important is that we each live each day -- because we only get one chance to do it right.

He seemed to like that better....

Anyway just wanted to say hello and I'm really looking forward to making friends here.

Kelly
13-11-2012, 09:36 AM
(12-11-2012 11:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hi! I'm new to this forum. I'm just completely discouraged lately and have this deep burning desire to connect with people who don't belief in god.

I'm a mom to two (sometimes three if I include my husband) boys one 18 and the other is 13. My 13 year old is on the spectrum with autism. We could say he's naturally atheist.

Recently he said someone at school was talking about heaven...it told him that we're all stardust and what's really important is that we each live each day -- because we only get one chance to do it right.

Anyway just wanted to say hello and I'm really looking forward to making friends here.

Kelly
Welcome. It gets a little rough and tumble here, but there is a lot of knowledge and kindness, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 12:19 PM
(13-11-2012 09:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 11:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hi! I'm new to this forum. I'm just completely discouraged lately and have this deep burning desire to connect with people who don't belief in god.

Kelly
Welcome. It gets a little rough and tumble here, but there is a lot of knowledge and kindness, too.

I can totally handle rough and tumble...I just can't handle the world is only 5000 years old. God wanted Romney to win the election and the other bullshit....
13-11-2012, 12:45 PM
(13-11-2012 12:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I can totally handle rough and tumble...I just can't handle the world is only 5000 years old. God wanted Romney to win the election and the other bullshit....
There are a lot of teary Mormons, that's for sure. I have a friend (he's Mormon, I'm former) who posted an article on his facebook page from the Church about how it's a good idea to get your food storage in order. Granted, the article was written 32 years ago, but because Romney didn't win, obviously the earth is quickly coming to an end. Ahhhhh, the little crazies.

Oh yeah, and welcome Smile
13-11-2012, 12:46 PM
(13-11-2012 12:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 09:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome. It gets a little rough and tumble here, but there is a lot of knowledge and kindness, too.

I can totally handle rough and tumble...I just can't handle the world is only 5000 years old. God wanted Romney to win the election and the other bullshit....
The world is 6000 years old not 5000. Get your YEC facts straight.

Gosh!

Oh, and welcome!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-11-2012, 02:36 PM
(31-08-2010 07:29 PM)Blogopolis Wrote:  I am a thirty-seven year old employee of the New York Police Department. My username is a fusion of the words "web log" and "Logopolis", one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes.

I also can be found under the same name at RichardDawkins.net and rationalskepticism.org . Love the videos! I hope to see more!

I am also an amateur humorist. I am currently percolating a few ideas for your amusement. Hope you like a good blasphemous laugh!
13-11-2012, 02:43 PM
What have they not kicked you off dickie dwakins site for having your own mind yet. Freedom of speech my ar....!!!!
13-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Dick, what are you talking about.

And, who did you quote?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
13-11-2012, 02:57 PM
It's like a bunch of communists if you don't agree with exactly what they preach they kick you off. I wasn't rude or offencive just trying to get an interesting conversassion over why one of thier members tarred half the world as evil over one mans actions.
Thread Closed