• 6 Votes - 5 Average
14-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Yeah, I eventually came to that conclusion. Idea Thanks for the welcome. Smile

We are made of star stuff...
Find all posts by this user
14-11-2012, 12:49 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome Mike, and don't apologize for your English; yours is better than most people I know who were born and raised in the United States.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
14-11-2012, 05:52 PM
(14-11-2012 12:49 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Welcome Mike, and don't apologize for your English; yours is better than most people I know who were born and raised in the United States.
Thanks Smile

"Everyone was born as an atheist."
http://www.facebook.com/hagios44
14-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Hello everyone! Eh .. yeah um..

My name is Drew and I am an alcoholic.

Uh .. I'm a practicing alcoholic .... don't plan on stopping any time soon. Nope. Definately not.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
14-11-2012, 06:02 PM
(14-11-2012 05:59 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Hello everyone! Eh .. yeah um..

Uh .. I'm a practicing alcoholic .... don't plan on stopping any time soon. Nope. Definately not.
Practice makes perfect.

I would have thought you have perfected it by now.

Welcome.

14-11-2012, 06:04 PM
(14-11-2012 05:59 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Hello everyone! Eh .. yeah um..

Not much of a future in that game. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Hey everyone,
My name's Jase (No hiding) I'm new to the forum. I've been looking for a place to discuss and express my views on atheism and religion. I recently closed my facebook and twitter accounts because I couldn't deal with the FACEPALM comments I was getting. I'm an open and active atheist. I don't hide my beliefs (or lack thereof), I have a crimson A (Dawkins OUT campaign logo) tattooed on the back of my right hand, and the Brights Network Logo tattooed on the back of my neck. I was listening to the podcast and heard Seth talking about what a welcoming and supportive community this forum is so I decided to sign up.
A short summary of who I am. I grew up in catholic home, although my parents stopped taking me to church when I was 13. Although they still sent me to catholic school because "I needed some religion". I was always getting in trouble in class for asking what now seem like obvious questions, but I sincerly wanted answers. In college I was searching, trying to figure out this whole GOD thing. I met a girl and started going to church with her, partly to impress her family and show how supportive and open I was. It turned out to be the LDS church. Shortly after I was baptized. Although I broke up with that girl about a year later I still remained an active member in the church. I met another girl, we dated... and eventually my bishop sat me down and gave me an ultimatum, either go on a mission or get married. So I was married in the temple 7 months after meeting this girl. Eventually over time I started having questions, and couldn't find answers. The answers the church gave me didn't satisfy me, they simply weren't logic. I eventually left the church, and shortly after doing so my wife left me and we got divorced. I continued to search for answers and started finding the answers I was looking for when I discovered the first Zeitgeist movie, with the "greatest story ever told" part. I started to see the lies the churchs had been feeding me. I watched Religulous, then I read the God Delusion and various other materials. I started watching youtube clips and slowly but surely I became a full blown Atheist. I was proud of the fact that I had figured out the lies, I had finally been able to find the answers I was looking for. Now I'm an open and active atheist, and anti-theist. I've lost relationships with gf's, family, friends; but I I have also gained some friends as I've met people who shared the same views.
So that has led me here, and I hope to be actively engaged in the forum. I really appreciate all the work and effort Seth and everyone connected to the Thinking Atheist.
Thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the active members here.
14-11-2012, 09:59 PM
i'm a 22-year-old student in minnesota studying scandinavian languages and linguistics.
i grew up in rural illinois to a very religious family. i doubted from an early age but didn't call
myself an atheist until i was 15. i've been out to everyone since i was 18, including all
of my family, but many of them refuse to accept this as reality and reduce it to "being angry
with god." i love being able to connect with other freethinkers, so that's why i'm here.

hi, everyone!
14-11-2012, 10:39 PM
(14-11-2012 09:59 PM)vonaelska Wrote:  i'm a 22-year-old student in minnesota studying scandinavian languages and linguistics.
i grew up in rural illinois to a very religious family. i doubted from an early age but didn't call
myself an atheist until i was 15. i've been out to everyone since i was 18, including all
of my family, but many of them refuse to accept this as reality and reduce it to "being angry
with god." i love being able to connect with other freethinkers, so that's why i'm here.

hi, everyone!
Welcome, you'll find many freethinkers around here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Welcome new members Smile
Thread Closed