Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
15-11-2012, 02:16 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(13-11-2012 08:46 PM)annajohnstone Wrote:  Hi,

I'm Anna. I live in the UK. I'm a full time mum (a 3yr old, a 1 yr old and one due in 6 weeks) and part time history student. I also blog when time allows. Been listening for ages but only tuned into the live show for the first time tonight. So glad I did.
Oh I'm 31, and share my birthday with Seth.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes annajohnstone's post
15-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be a part of this community. I have been watching The Thinking Atheist's videos for a while, but never bothered 'til now to sign up on the website.

About me: I'm 16, I live in a small town in Utah, I am socially liberal but economically moderate. I love discussing science news, ethics/philosophy, and having religious discussions. I am somewhat infamous among the students who went to seminary as an elective (Church class for mormons.) Last year I made a joke to my mormon friend about going over there to debate her teachers, she asked them, and they invited me over for discussion. It's a blast, and I've kept going over there since then. The teacher an I are friends, and we like to keep the discussion civil. I don't hate religion, or the religious (however, I do think it's silly and openly criticize parts of the bible.)

I can't want to meet all of you and talk about your stories and unique experiences!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Arcane Jack's post
15-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Hello, I'm a college student in the state of Oklahoma, in the USA, located on the planet earth. I have always been an atheist (my parents were the believe whatever you want type), but have only recently been finding out that there is a large community of like minded people out there. Thanks YouTube!
16-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi guys. I'm 36, currently living in Texas. Down here, I'm surrounded by religious people and because of this I don't have anyone to relate to, or share certain conversations with. I've decided to take my first step from lurker to participant by jumping into TheThinkingAtheist pool. How's the water?
16-11-2012, 01:08 PM
(16-11-2012 07:15 AM)silvertm Wrote:  How's the water?

It's warm ... and yellow ... 'cause everybody keeps peeing in it.

Welcome godless heathens!

Please don't pee in the pool.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Hello all!!! New to TTA, relatively new to Seth (only found him about 3 months ago) and fully caught up on all podcasts at this moment in time! Stuck in the hell-hole that is Alabama and suffocating under the weight that is the influence of the church here. Found a Freethinkers organization locally and I am thankful for that; but I'm definitely looking forward to spending time in the forums.
Cheers!
Paul
16-11-2012, 02:42 PM
(16-11-2012 01:55 PM)spoonatuna Wrote:  Hello all!!! New to TTA, relatively new to Seth (only found him about 3 months ago) and fully caught up on all podcasts at this moment in time! Stuck in the hell-hole that is Alabama and suffocating under the weight that is the influence of the church here. Found a Freethinkers organization locally and I am thankful for that; but I'm definitely looking forward to spending time in the forums.
Cheers!
Paul
Woohoo, another fellow Southerner.

Welcome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Hi,

I'm Vera. I live in South Carolina. I was a fundamentalist Christian through my childhood and as a young adult. Eventually, I faced all those little nagging questions that bugged me, and began my journey as an atheist. I've been following TTA on Facebook for a few months, and decided to join the forum today.

"Nothing good is true unless you find out for yourself." --Neil Finn
[+] 1 user Likes vhanna26's post
18-11-2012, 02:00 PM
(18-11-2012 01:25 PM)vhanna26 Wrote:  Hi,

I'm Vera. I live in South Carolina. I was a fundamentalist Christian through my childhood and as a young adult. Eventually, I faced all those little nagging questions that bugged me, and began my journey as an atheist. I've been following TTA on Facebook for a few months, and decided to join the forum today.
Welcome, Vera.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-11-2012, 02:03 PM
(18-11-2012 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome, Vera.
Hey, I've been here more than a month and you're only now noticing? Pssht! No

Welcome, Vera. We seem to share a name (but most probably not its pronunciation) Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
Thread Closed