Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
18-11-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(18-11-2012 02:03 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome, Vera.
Hey, I've been here more than a month and you're only now noticing? Pssht! No

Welcome, Vera. We seem to share a name (but most probably not its pronunciation) Smile
Do you not pronounce it 'VEE-ra'?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2012, 02:10 PM
(18-11-2012 02:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you not pronounce it 'VEE-ra'?
/veːʁa/ (hope it shows, stress on the first syllable. Basically, pronounced as it's written). But I do like the way English-speakers pronounce it, too. (plus, I have more than one personalities, why not have more than one nameWink)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
18-11-2012, 02:38 PM
(18-11-2012 02:10 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 02:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you not pronounce it 'VEE-ra'?
/veːʁa/ (hope it shows, stress on the first syllable. Basically, pronounced as it's written). But I do like the way English-speakers pronounce it, too. (plus, I have more than one personalities, why not have more than one nameWink)
I feel stressed by your syllables too. Blink

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
18-11-2012, 02:43 PM
I enjoy Seth's "ThinkingAtheist" channel on YTube, and finally made time to check this forum out.I deconverted from xtianity 6 years ago, and became an atheist after a year of rambling in a few other schools of thought about spirituality.I had been a lifelong church goer and a born again christian for 35 years at the point of deconversion.I find that every year I am more at ease with life without god and the church.I will just add that being an atheist is just one aspect of my life, but the real beauty of deconversion is how deeply it has affected my views on all other aspects of life.It is far more important to me that I now embrace humanism and rational thought.That I am skeptical, and how much more precious each day is because this life is all we have barring any proof of an afterlife.I think I regret all the years I wasted in the faith,but I try not to dwell on that and live in each moment I have now. -connie
[+] 1 user Likes cwalker's post
18-11-2012, 02:43 PM
(18-11-2012 02:38 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I feel stressed by your syllables too. Blink
Thank god there's just the two of them, right Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
18-11-2012, 03:03 PM
(18-11-2012 02:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 02:38 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I feel stressed by your syllables too. Blink
Thank god there's just the two of them, right Drinking Beverage
You have no idea. Yes

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-11-2012, 03:04 PM
(18-11-2012 02:43 PM)cwalker Wrote:  I enjoy Seth's "ThinkingAtheist" channel on YTube, and finally made time to check this forum out.I deconverted from xtianity 6 years ago, and became an atheist after a year of rambling in a few other schools of thought about spirituality.I had been a lifelong church goer and a born again christian for 35 years at the point of deconversion.I find that every year I am more at ease with life without god and the church.I will just add that being an atheist is just one aspect of my life, but the real beauty of deconversion is how deeply it has affected my views on all other aspects of life.It is far more important to me that I now embrace humanism and rational thought.That I am skeptical, and how much more precious each day is because this life is all we have barring any proof of an afterlife.I think I regret all the years I wasted in the faith,but I try not to dwell on that and live in each moment I have now. -connie
Welcome, Connie. I hope you enjoy our raucous band of Godless merry-makers. Thumbsup

~Izel
18-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Hello, I am an eighteen-year-old male atheist; still in high school, and I plan on being a paleontologist in the future.
18-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Welcome Velohexum.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-11-2012, 02:13 AM
(18-11-2012 02:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 01:25 PM)vhanna26 Wrote:  Hi,

I'm Vera. I live in South Carolina. I was a fundamentalist Christian through my childhood and as a young adult. Eventually, I faced all those little nagging questions that bugged me, and began my journey as an atheist. I've been following TTA on Facebook for a few months, and decided to join the forum today.
Welcome, Vera.
Thanks.

"Nothing good is true unless you find out for yourself." --Neil Finn
Thread Closed