Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-11-2012, 04:15 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello free-thinkers!
I'm a 23 year old graduate student from British Columbia, Canada. I've been a long-time listener of the podcast and decided to check out what this forum has to offer. Looking forward to brainstorming, venting, and philosophizing with all of you.
Much love,
Marc
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I just got done reading Brian Shuty's two E Books on the Old and New Testament. Having read too many books like these to count I must give him major props for cutting through one of the most "wordy" books on earth and still he made it very informative and entertaining. Anyone who wishes to understand the utter nonsense that makes these two books up should go order these books immediately.
Good job Brian!
[+] 1 user Likes mikey's post
21-11-2012, 10:35 PM
(21-11-2012 09:07 PM)mikey Wrote:  I just got done reading Brian Shuty's two E Books on the Old and New Testament. Having read too many books like these to count I must give him major props for cutting through one of the most "wordy" books on earth and still he made it very informative and entertaining. Anyone who wishes to understand the utter nonsense that makes these two books up should go order these books immediately.
Good job Brian!

Many many thanks.

Side note, do I know you in real life? I know a few people that could be called "Mikey."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
21-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
Lol...I didn't respond because I don't know any authors named Brian Shuty. Oops.

Welcome, Mikey.

(I hope he likes it)

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-11-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm a regular listener of The Thinking Atheist podcast. I kept hearing about the forum, so I thought, what the hey, I'll join.

I'm from Lincoln, NE. I love film, philosophy, and skepticism.
23-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am happy to be apart of this community of fellow atheists. I am surrounded by believers, primarily Christian, so I want to be as active as possible here and other atheists organization groups to prevent insanity.
Rationality Yours,
-Reason
23-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Bug RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi! My name is Astra, and I'm an alcoholic. LOL, no really, I am. I am new to this forum and a happy agnosticatheist. I recently started defining this way and have had a lot of changes in the last few years.

The basics are: I am sensitive, an introvert, a libertarian, cat lover, gamer, star trek fan, married, advocate for many causes including woman's rights, atheist 12 step recovery.

I am almost every major minority ( mixed/ bisexual/ nontheist/ female ) and have endured a lot of hate and negativity in my life. I am a writer and an anthropology student.

I enjoy the Thinking Atheist a lot, most of the time, and wish to connect to the greater
free thinking community to learn more.

My deconversion catalyst was mainly recovery and the video, "Why I am no longer a christian" by 3vid3nc3.

Nice to meet you all and good day
Rolleyes

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes AstraStarr's post
23-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Good to meet you, but in the future, lay off the text size please?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-11-2012, 01:15 PM
New, old guy from Canada. Been an atheist for a long time but continued attending church while still married for the ex-wife and kids and after the divorce realized I was being a hypocrite to do so and now stand proudly as a free thinking father.

All we have to do now is make the rest of the world wake the f*** up and smell the reality.Smile

...also a HUGE Bill Maher fan. No going to apologize for that or anything else.

Nice to meet you all.
25-11-2012, 11:09 AM
I am a 42 year old homesteader. I am not an atheist, but neither am I a true believer. I find that although I believe in the divine, I have more in common with atheists than with those who believe their religion gives them an inside track on "the truth". I enjoy a good discussion about beliefs and knowledge. Perhaps I can also provide some insights from a non-religious theists perspective.
Thread Closed