Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-11-2012, 11:13 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Quote:I am a 42 year old homesteader. I am not an atheist, but neither am I a true believer. I find that although I believe in the divine, I have more in common with atheists than with those who believe their religion gives them an inside track on "the truth". I enjoy a good discussion about beliefs and knowledge. Perhaps I can also provide some insights from a non-religious theists perspective.
So, what exactly do you believe?

you are on the religious side of the scale, but where exactly do you lie? Deism perhaps?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
25-11-2012, 03:05 PM
My name is Jim. I live in Canada. I am old enough that I should retire or at least be able to but I have squandered my one and only stab at life on living life to the fullest given my situation. Over 40 years ago, somebodies loving gawd thought that it would be a hoot to give my wife, Crohns disease. While we are both stronger for the experience, it was something we could do without.

I was indoctrinated into protestantism as a small child. I'm unsure of when I actually became an atheist but it wasn't long ago that I became vocal about it.
[+] 3 users Like GrampyJim's post
25-11-2012, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 06:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-11-2012 03:05 PM)GrampyJim Wrote:  My name is Jim. I live in Canada. I am old enough that I should retire or at least be able to but I have squandered my one and only stab at life on living life to the fullest given my situation. Over 40 years ago, somebodies loving gawd thought that it would be a hoot to give my wife, Crohns disease. While we are both stronger for the experience, it was something we could do without.

I was indoctrinated into protestantism as a small child. I'm unsure of when I actually became an atheist but it wasn't long ago that I became vocal about it.

Howdy GrampyJim, 50 yo GrumpyGrampaBob here ain't gonna ever gonna retire, prepared myself to retire at 56 yo, and it was all going good but now it don't feel proper. I got a 1 yo granddaughter and 4 other grandchildren by my son's marriage. ... Ain't gonna retire. ... Gonna keep fucking with the fuckers just to fuck with them. ... Fuckers need to learn how to be fucked with. ... I'm dying in place, bitches, watch me. I'm in the FERS program for Federal Retirement benefits. We get 1% pension per year with no cap, I'll rethink this once I got 101 years work credit. ... Kurzweil for the motherfucking win, bitches. Big Grin

EDIT: Whoa, that shit ain't gonna be easily parsed by just any casual observer, is it? ... The fuck I give a shit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi I'm a relatively new atheist who has had a crisis of faith for almost my entire life. I'm 19 years old and living in South Africa, a country so religious that it would make your ears bleed trying to talk to people, and would like to think of myself as a free thinker. I grew up with books about evolution(mostly about dinosaurs) that I always accepted as truth since the scientists who wrote those books could prove their findings. I also grew up in a Christian family but I would like to think I never really bought the crap we were being indoctrinated with in Sunday school. Jesus loves you, but he will send you to hell if you doubt his existence and all the usual crap they shove down your throat.
[+] 1 user Likes DCB52's post
25-11-2012, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 08:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-11-2012 07:31 PM)DCB52 Wrote:  Hi I'm a relatively new atheist who has had a crisis of faith for almost my entire life. I'm 19 years old and living in South Africa, a country so religious that it would make your ears bleed trying to talk to people, and would like to think of myself as a free thinker. I grew up with books about evolution(mostly about dinosaurs) that I always accepted as truth since the scientists who wrote those books could prove their findings. I also grew up in a Christian family but I would like to think I never really bought the crap we were being indoctrinated with in Sunday school. Jesus loves you, but he will send you to hell if you doubt his existence and all the usual crap they shove down your throat.
Girly is incapable of experiencing a crisis of faith, fucker. ... Bring it bitch... I don't believe shit bitch. ... Bring it bitch.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-11-2012, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 08:49 PM by GirlyMan.)

25-11-2012, 11:00 PM
(25-11-2012 07:31 PM)DCB52 Wrote:  Hi I'm a relatively new atheist who has had a crisis of faith for almost my entire life. I'm 19 years old and living in South Africa, a country so religious that it would make your ears bleed trying to talk to people, and would like to think of myself as a free thinker. I grew up with books about evolution(mostly about dinosaurs) that I always accepted as truth since the scientists who wrote those books could prove their findings. I also grew up in a Christian family but I would like to think I never really bought the crap we were being indoctrinated with in Sunday school. Jesus loves you, but he will send you to hell if you doubt his existence and all the usual crap they shove down your throat.
Welcome Smile I'm in SA too Smile
26-11-2012, 05:32 AM
From the Philippines, just wanna say hi.

Are there any Filipinos here around?
26-11-2012, 09:24 AM
(26-11-2012 05:32 AM)dawiw Wrote:  From the Philippines, just wanna say hi.

Are there any Filipinos here around?
Hi Smile We've had one or two, but none have stayed. Maybe you will Smile
26-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Girly, take it down a notch dude. You're gonna scare away new members.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Thread Closed