Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
26-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(26-11-2012 10:57 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Girly, take it down a notch dude. You're gonna scare away new members.

Girly needs to add cannabis to his therapy to get him to mellow out a bit. Smile

Welcome to all the new folks. Make yourselves at home. Just be sure to wipe your shoes at the door and come on in!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
26-11-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi. I am a recent christian apostate out and open atheist as of labor day 2012. I was a very active church member and had been fighting my doubts for many years. My de-conversion was complicated, long, painful, and freeing which is the minimalist of adjectives i can use to describe the experience. Definitely one of the toughest times in my life. I am very fortunate that my wife and I went through the process together. Though we are still dealing with many issues and feel as if I am emerging from a psychosis I am very relieved and happy to have left religion all together. I have enjoyed TTA for many months now and it was Seth's videos that made the transition easier for us when were ready to listen. The five to ten minute videos were all we could digest at first and they resonated much of what we were already thinking.

We live in a small town where I don't think the people here even realize atheist are real. They sort of know what atheists are but we are like a mythical creature around these parts. I was never a good evangelist as a christian nor am I now as an atheist, but I am not afraid to express myself with politics, religions, and or anything else for that matter when asked. So I hope to find this community here a fit.

I have much to learn and I am relieved that it is OK to be wrong.

I am no longer fighting my inner demons. We are all on the same side now.
26-11-2012, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 08:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-11-2012 10:57 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Girly, take it down a notch dude. You're gonna scare away new members.

Oops, my bad, looks like the Id went off the ranch again. Must be a hole in the fence somewhere.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-11-2012, 08:00 PM
This is me. Is that you? Im Drunkin Druid.. Im not actually drunk right now nor am I a druid. I am of Irish decent and a Newfie so you might find it hard to believe that Im not drunk...
26-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Hello.Im the new guy.. nothing much to say. Ive been an Atheist since i was 15 or 16. Thats some 22 years now. I assuming folks here are atheist as well or at the very least open minded free thinkers so its good to be here..
26-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Welcome mrba and Drunkin,

The more the merrier.

27-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(26-11-2012 10:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome mrba and Drunkin,

The more the merrier.

Especially the drunken kind!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-11-2012, 02:40 AM
I am a the quite atheist. I know people probably think I should be out and honest but I have a lady I love more than anything. She is the greatest women I have ever met. And she would be destroyed(still a believer) if I decided to be in the frontline of this battle. She knows but her family does not. And she loves them so much and I would hate to bring her that pain. I will say to the ones fighting the battles things are not so black and white, they are full of grey. Thank you so much.
27-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi, guys, I surfed your forum a little and I liked what you have going on around here so I decided to join. I'm an atheist in the strict sense of that word - I don't believe in God, but I do believe in the divine in humans. It might seem like a contradictory belief, but since this is the Introduction thread, I won't elaborate on it here, rather some other thread. Smile Greets, hope to have fun here, alongside interesting debates Smile
27-11-2012, 08:55 AM
(27-11-2012 08:47 AM)WhatICanMakePavlovDo Wrote:  Hi, guys, I surfed your forum a little and I liked what you have going on around here so I decided to join. I'm an atheist in the strict sense of that word - I don't believe in God, but I do believe in the divine in humans. It might seem like a contradictory belief, but since this is the Introduction thread, I won't elaborate on it here, rather some other thread. Smile Greets, hope to have fun here, alongside interesting debates Smile
If by the divine in humans you mean the human potential to be great then yeah, sounds good. If you mean the little green man who sits in our skulls and gives us directions then my little green man says you crazy.

Welcome Smile
Thread Closed