Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
13-12-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi, everyone. I'll dive right in with some random factoids about yours truly...

I'm a couple years shy of thirty so I think 90's music is the best ever.

I'm an aspiring novelist so if you catch me talking to myself, I'm not crazy - I'm working!
^Oh, and that aspiring novelist thing also means I'm entitled to bouts of daydreaming, binge-drinking, and narcissism. Angel

I miss cassette tapes because you could record songs straight from the radio onto them.

I
don't do e-books or download songs because I like the smell of real
books, and I like to look at the pictures and read over the lyrics in CD
albums.

I believe the best thing I can do for my children is allow them to pursue their own dreams, not mine!

Grammar
and spelling errors are my biggest pet peeves. Lock me in a room with a
restroom door marked "Employee's Only" and I'll tell you anything you
want, just please stop the torture! Weeping

I
have a little crescent-shaped scar on my right hand that I think is the
coolest ever and I have a weird tendency to tell complete strangers how
I think it's the coolest ever. Kind of like I'm doing now.

After six years at the same job, I've only just now decided that these people might just be alright. ("People" meaning co-workers)

I love Chris Cornell and I don't care who knows it...

I think it'd be pretty cool to wash windows for a living.

I'll drive past roadkill and not bat an eyelash, but my heart breaks over a turtle trying to cross the road.

I'm terrified of spiders (even practically-microscopic ones), but give me a hoe and I'll chop up a snake, no problem.

If aliens invade Earth, I'm hoping they look like the arbiter (Thel Vadam) from Halo. He's kind of hot.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Escape Artist's post
13-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
(13-12-2012 12:42 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Hi, everyone. I'll dive right in with some random factoids about yours truly...

I'm a couple years shy of thirty so I think 90's music is the best ever.

I'm an aspiring novelist so if you catch me talking to myself, I'm not crazy - I'm working!
^Oh, and that aspiring novelist thing also means I'm entitled to bouts of daydreaming, binge-drinking, and narcissism. Angel

I miss cassette tapes because you could record songs straight from the radio onto them.

I
don't do e-books or download songs because I like the smell of real
books, and I like to look at the pictures and read over the lyrics in CD
albums.

I believe the best thing I can do for my children is allow them to pursue their own dreams, not mine!

Grammar
and spelling errors are my biggest pet peeves. Lock me in a room with a
restroom door marked "Employee's Only" and I'll tell you anything you
want, just please stop the torture! Weeping

I
have a little crescent-shaped scar on my right hand that I think is the
coolest ever and I have a weird tendency to tell complete strangers how
I think it's the coolest ever. Kind of like I'm doing now.

After six years at the same job, I've only just now decided that these people might just be alright. ("People" meaning co-workers)

I love Chris Cornell and I don't care who knows it...

I think it'd be pretty cool to wash windows for a living.

I'll drive past roadkill and not bat an eyelash, but my heart breaks over a turtle trying to cross the road.

I'm terrified of spiders (even practically-microscopic ones), but give me a hoe and I'll chop up a snake, no problem.

If aliens invade Earth, I'm hoping they look like the arbiter (Thel Vadam) from Halo. He's kind of hot.

Hey Houdini,
You sound eccentric enough to possibly fit in here.
Welcome. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Hello all,
I'm a life long atheist (63) and have become more militant of late. I don't suffer fools well and find that 'believers' are more foolish than sane.
Auld
14-12-2012, 06:05 PM
No, fellow free thinkers my screen name is not to the suggest that I am a Christian or an evangelical seeking to harass others who are atheist.

Instead it is a reference to the turn of the 19th century English hymn that suggest god blesses soldiers killing others in his name.

This psychopathic behavior is typical of zealous xtians and consistent with their belief that god will sanction any action if it has been identified as in his name.
14-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi, my name is LucĂ­a, I'm a 24 argentine student almost architect girl, and I've been an atheist since the day I was born. I think I disliked silently religion all my life, but then I found the word of Dawkings and Aleluya! I've became a militant atheist, haha, that's my story. xD
[+] 1 user Likes lucia_lara's post
14-12-2012, 10:49 PM
(14-12-2012 05:27 PM)Auldshaman Wrote:  Hello all,
I'm a life long atheist (63) and have become more militant of late. I don't suffer fools well and find that 'believers' are more foolish than sane.
Auld
Welcome, fellow old fart. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Greetings,
9-11 did it for me. Until then I never questioned anything.
Thanks Islam! You introduced sanity to my existance.
All the fears induced by the church suddenly evaporated. The continuous, "you'll burn in hell if you ever question the book" sermons came home to roost. Goodbye. Same god, same prophets, same base theology.
Sanity seems to be lacking in this world. We see the death of people and small children in schools and at shopping centers, games that program our youth in negative ways toward law enforcement and other humans. From what I'm to understand, more people in the US believe in ghosts than people that actually produce tangible product with effort. (A product or service of intrinsic value.)
The more I think about it, the less central to existence I become. I'm OK with that. I don't need to be important or famous.
I'm happy to be a grandpa, and a husband. I produce and support a product that is important to various businesses and physical infrastuctures. In fifty years nobody will know I was here. That, is also OK. It's not that important. I could use the sleep. Smile
Ceej
[+] 1 user Likes ceej's post
16-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Hey there. I'm a married father of two teenagers and fly cargo airplanes for money. I've been an atheist for at least 25 years (I'm 44 now). I've become much more vocal about my atheism after listening to Seth's podcast and reading Dawkins, Barker and Hitchens. It boggles my mind what crazy things religious people believe and how it affects our country. It feels good to vent with like minded people and that is why I'm here.
[+] 1 user Likes Humanist11's post
16-12-2012, 12:45 AM
To any and all fellow critical thinkers (I deter the "atheist" label because the implication is that we "believe" in not believing, it's illogical)
I'm an independent thinker who wants to both support the development of and deter the repression of it.
I've been actively pursuing the scrutinizing and rational, cogent dissection of stupidstition.
I'm a 40 y/o, Canadian dad in label, but a humanitarian with altruistic intentions in mind.
Please contact me for support or an additional voice of reason.
16-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi,
I am Sudha. I am 27 year old female from India.
I am an open atheist.

- Sudha
Thread Closed