Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
01-03-2011, 12:33 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(28-02-2011 10:05 PM)davidamusick Wrote:  It ends up being a real nightmare of psychological abuse, even though the parents and the community may be extremely well intentioned and kind.

That is because they were raised like you but never escaped the hypnosis that religious brain-washing creates. They don't escape because they are either too scared to go against the grain or they believe that others know more than they do, so they follow blindly.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2011, 07:32 PM

Hello from Kamloops BC Canada
Hello everyone ! I am the Director of a group in Kamloops. The Kamloops Centre for Rational Thought.
We are putting on a one day conference May 7th. I hope to meet some of you there.

the website is: http://imaginenoreligionkamloops.com

Cheers !
02-03-2011, 01:05 AM

My name is William. I'm a happily married father of three children who enjoys amateur astronomy, music, and baseball. I can be considered a freethinking agnostic atheist (and have been for nine years), but I prefer to define myself by what I believe. In that light, I'm a secular humanist. I am the current president of the Atheist Community of Tulsa (ACT) known collectively as Tulsa Atheists and have enjoyed every minute of having came out less than two years ago.
02-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Isn't Tulsa in or near a bible belt? If so, hats off to you and your brave club members.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
05-03-2011, 07:40 AM
hi,

i'm dredmal. it's a name i created for gaming that means 'dread them all'. i'm a 30 year old bipolar who lives in his moms basement, does not work and collects disability for being bipolar. i was born,raised and still live in a highly highly religious area. although i can not prove it i have a strong belief that the darker side of my bipolar disorder would magically disappear if i lived in an atheist dominated world. and the lighter side of my bipolar... well it is a gift i hope i will never lose.
i've been between atheist and agnostic beliefs since i was beginning highschool. i am now a strong minded atheist after thinking more deeply about 'an entity larger than the universe, possibly in it's own universe'. my conclusion was that we can not be part of a larger being because if that thing stumped it's toe, our universe could potentially disappear in a single moment. so at the moment (and probably permanently) i am an atheist and not an agnostic.

i generally do not post on forums. so i'm just getting it all out here in one post.

if i had to classify myself as one of the warriors listed on the subject after this i would be an 'ent' although 'kung fu master' is tucked away in case of emergency. i used to be very into helping others and learning through forums for computer programming. now i am just an angry hater with no real friends to speak of. (to prove my point a friend of mine got out of jail today and he wouldn't even shake my hand or the equivalent) i do have 1 good friend online but he told me he worshiped me recently and i'm currently in the process of deciding what to do about that. if it were anyone else i would have just deleted him from my life like everyone else.

well that about covers it for me i guess
oh 2 more things real quick

if you are female and like guys who live in mom's basement with no future send me a private message hahaha (insert things to make you think more positive about me here haha, i'm actually an incognito exceptional person made just for you)

to anyone who reads this: if you play League of Legends friend me, my username is dredmal. (and if you don't play it's FREE, just google it if you like games)

ty for your time, i'm off to browse a few posts and probably never come back again. but i'd like to tell TheThinkingAtheist to keep making those videos on youtube, they are amazing. (i wish i had a better word)

ty again and goodbye
08-03-2011, 01:05 AM

Ron from Boston
My Name is Ron, I am a 39 year old Former Marine Corps SGT and Police Officer from Boston, MA. Currently, I am a Philosophy and Pre - Law Major at UMASS Boston. I have been an Atheist and Liberal most all my life. I believe strongly in Civil Rights, Free Speech, animal rights and Freedom from Religion. My belief, or some say lack of as an Atheist is the foundation of my personal philosophies. I believe the concept of God and the organized religions that support Theism polarize, promote intolerance, suppresses forward thinking, science, and inquisition.
I love the sport of bodybuilding and Power Lifting and have been dedicated to it for 25 years. In 2008 I broke the Massachusetts State Bench Press Record and still hold that title today.

Glad to be here!!
08-03-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: Ron from Boston
(08-03-2011 01:05 AM)marinek9 Wrote:  In 2008 I broke the Massachusetts State Bench Press Record and still hold that title today.

Glad to be here!!

What is the record? Wink Welcome!!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
09-03-2011, 10:12 AM

Well, hello!

I'm an atheist and a Texan. (I'll give you a moment.) I've been listening to the TTA Podcasts for awhile now, and just hadn't made it over to the forums.

Fix'd.

A little more about me... my username is my dog's name. My dog is female...as am I. lol I'm a gamer/mom/photographer/partner/coffee-drinker/disturber-of-the-comfortable.

...and I'm thoroughly glad to be here. Smile
09-03-2011, 10:37 AM

Hey All,

I am as well an atheist and a Texan!

I'm a 22 year old professional poker player and finishing my music education degree. I was born and raised in the church, so a lot of my close family and friends are still that way. I haven't publicly come out with it yet, and not sure when the time is appropriate. It's been a pretty tough change, but I am feeling a lot more comfortable with it now. I'm looking forward to thoughtful to ease the transition a long.
09-03-2011, 10:46 AM

Reasons14 - Glad to know we've got some Texans representing. Wink
Thread Closed