Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
27-12-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Been lurking for a while and decided to join. Unlike most, I don't really have a story. Just been an atheist my whole life and through my love of Christopher Hitchens (and the rest of "The Four Horsemen") I decided to try to take part in an atheist community. Obviously I enjoyed lurking the forums and listening to some of the pod casts, so here I am.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Hitchslap's post
27-12-2012, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 02:48 AM by GirlyMan.)
(27-12-2012 11:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 10:59 AM)Xtian A/theist Wrote:  I will be more careful....my mistake:-(
lol it's okay.

No worries.

Oh, I'd be worried if I were you KC, I'd be worried.

[Image: texas_zps7b2768bf.jpg]

And we have a new "Best Beard". Bowing

You oughtta crop that pic Xtian and make it your avatar. Buddy Christ has started a "Did you ever notice how our avatars are screaming at each other?" meme.

(26-12-2012 07:11 PM)Slither Wrote:  Hi my name is John Montoya, I'm a Catholic from Pennsylvania.

Welcome Catholic. I married one of you. 30 years later we're going good.

#sigh
27-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Hey.

I'm looking for an active community filled with sensible people (theist or atheist) to talk of religion/lack thereof without killing each other. ^_^

>>Story
*Raised Catholic by a Catholic family in a Catholic school.
*Pointed out as a child, the indoctrination of Catholic doctrine.
*Abandoned the doctrine in high school.
*Became a born again Christian on my 3rd year.
*As a college student, read a lot of theological materials from different views.
*Epiphany. Abandoned the concept of faith without evidence entirely.
*Present time: Agnostic.
28-12-2012, 12:14 AM
(27-12-2012 05:52 PM)trikeramolubi Wrote:  Hey.

I'm looking for an active community filled with sensible people (theist or atheist) to talk of religion/lack thereof without killing each other. ^_^

>>Story
*Raised Catholic by a Catholic family in a Catholic school.
*Pointed out as a child, the indoctrination of Catholic doctrine.
*Abandoned the doctrine in high school.
*Became a born again Christian on my 3rd year.
*As a college student, read a lot of theological materials from different views.
*Epiphany. Abandoned the concept of faith without evidence entirely.
*Present time: Agnostic.

Well... we only kill each other on Thursdays, so I think you missed it this week, unless someone wants to hold a special lynching... Welcome.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-12-2012, 02:00 AM
(27-12-2012 04:23 PM)Hitchslap Wrote:  Been lurking for a while and decided to join. Unlike most, I don't really have a story. Just been an atheist my whole life and through my love of Christopher Hitchens (and the rest of "The Four Horsemen") I decided to try to take part in an atheist community. Obviously I enjoyed lurking the forums and listening to some of the pod casts, so here I am.
Welcome to TTA. Smile

Is there any chance that you also have an account on this Christian forum? I recall seeing that particular username on there before.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-12-2012, 02:23 AM
(28-12-2012 12:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well... we only kill each other on Thursdays, so I think you missed it this week, unless someone wants to hold a special lynching... Welcome.
Haven't been to the shooting range in a long while. And trigger finger must be kept nimble. Might give it a shot Drinking Beverage

Welcome, new folk!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-12-2012, 02:35 AM
I am Danielle. I am 26 years old. I have been an Atheist for a few years now. At first I hid it because my whole family is Pentecostal Christian. Funny story about me... I met my husband at an Assemblies of God bible camp. We both worked there. I was working there because I needed the college credit and he was because he WAS a Christian. A few arguments we me later and he is now a much happier Atheist. Lol. Thankfully we didn't get together until a couple of years after that. I look forward to hearing the opinions of everyone. I most likely will be more of a reader than a writer though. Smile
28-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Re: RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(28-12-2012 02:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 04:23 PM)Hitchslap Wrote:  Been lurking for a while and decided to join. Unlike most, I don't really have a story. Just been an atheist my whole life and through my love of Christopher Hitchens (and the rest of "The Four Horsemen") I decided to try to take part in an atheist community. Obviously I enjoyed lurking the forums and listening to some of the pod casts, so here I am.
Welcome to TTA. Smile

Is there any chance that you also have an account on this Christian forum? I recall seeing that particular username on there before.

Thanks for the welcome Vosur. No, I'm not the same user on that Christian forum. I actually saw someone on a music forum with this name and thought it might be good for me to use here because as I said, I love Christopher Hitchens. It wouldn't surprise me to see that many may have used this name before on various forums though.
28-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Wink RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello. I just joined this website. My first encounter with TheThinkingAtheist was on one of his videos listing ten creationist arguments against evolution. Eventually, though, I made my way to a video of a one-hour talk that Seth gave to an audience in Oklahoma, then came to this website, then this forum.

I've considered myself an atheist for a couple of decades. I've never been religious, so I don't have any conversion story to tell. I am hoping to read some of the stories that other people have, though. Smile
29-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Hello All,

I came across a link to a video of Seth at an Oklahoma convention and that eventually led me to TTA. I was very happy to learn that there was an active atheist voice in the Tulsa area, as I am originally from Oklahoma, and decided to join this community.

I have been an atheist since my early 20's though not very vocal about it. I was basically a live and let live kind of guy which I think was, in part, influenced by the perception I held that there was no atheist community in the N.E. Oklahoma area and it would probably be best not to rock the boat. I have since come out of that shell and would now consider myself not only an atheist but an anti-theist, heavily influenced by Hitchens, Dennett, Dawkin and Harris.

I left Oklahoma in 2008 to pursue graduate studies in Biopsychology and now reside in New Orleans. I am about a year away from completing my PhD and as my studies are becoming less time consuming I find myself able to seek out and engage the atheist community in a more meaningful fashion. I look forward to interacting with the members of this forum on a wide variety of topics.

Regards,

Steve
Thread Closed