Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
05-01-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(05-01-2013 08:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 07:41 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome aboard Smile
Why thank you! Big Grin

... because it is the polite thing to do.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Hello fellow free thinkers! I'm Cassandra, a 28 year old Canadian/American in America. I was a devout Christian from my indoctrination as a child until about 4 years ago. I am the only person I know who is a dedicated anti-theist atheist, and I am excited to find like minds on this site and in these forums!
06-01-2013, 12:53 AM
(05-01-2013 09:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 08:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Why thank you! Big Grin

... because it is the polite thing to do.

Dodgy
Har har. Tongue
06-01-2013, 01:05 AM
(05-01-2013 10:19 PM)Cassandra Wrote:  Hello fellow free thinkers! I'm Cassandra

You do realise that there is a strong possibility that no one is going to listen to anything you say, especially when you are right, right?

Welcome aboard.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Welcome Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Hello, I'm Kyle. I'm a passionate non-believer, although ironically it probably wouldn't have happened had my father not 'found Jesus' after his second divorce and became a Southern Baptist. His efforts to push his new found religious beliefs onto me is what pushed me into theology, and after a lot of study, I came out on the side of atheism. So quite a few books, and YouTube discussion, later and I find myself here.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone Smile Call me D, and I'm from this country that if you're an atheist, the you are to leave this country and live your life as a demonspawn for the rest of your life.

Mmm. Other than that, I'm just a simple person living in a simple neighborhood, with nice neighbors and all.

Glad I found this community, and I like the humor around too Big Grin
06-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Welcome aboard EvoKill and DiP (sorry, D)

Nice short intros... I like that.

You have joined at a weird moment when things are a bit unsettled here but don't let that put you off... it all adds to the fun.

Jump in and enjoy the freedom.

DLJ

06-01-2013, 12:32 PM
(05-01-2013 05:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hi everyone!

I'm Hobbitgirl and I am from the pacific NW in the "lovely" US of A. It's nice to find a community of like minded people, as where I am from there aren't many. Been an Atheist for most of my life, with a short stint as a Baptist in my highschool days (I'm still ashamed of this, crazy what you'll do to fit in in a small town) I grew up in a household of non-christians and am lucky to have had family that never questions how I believe. So I never really had that "coming out" experience. Anyway it's great to be here and I look forward to talking with you all!
They're taking the hobbits to Isengard. Tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-01-2013, 12:52 PM
TJ here. Married 22 years, 3 kids, writer...former religionist. Went from teenage atheist to pentecostal, to charismatic, to baptist, to non-denominational, to baptist again, to inter-denominational, to messianic jewish (I know...I know...) to unaffiliated and free thinking, and now skeptical about being skeptical...
Addicted to The thinking atheist site for the moment....I'm sure I'll learn "moderation" sometime soon. Bowing
Have christian relatives and friends...those that are truely my friends do not care about my non-religion. Dad and husband are Jewish. Dad's an atheist...as are most all that side of the family. Husband is a deist...not really an issue for us. Jewish culture is important to me, but still in denial that we helped to start this Judeo-Christian mess....
Won't have time to post much...but very grateful for the opportunity to lurk and learn. Smartass
Thread Closed