Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome guys! Also in Texas here, but I'm not a Texan. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2011, 10:14 PM

RE: Ron from Boston
(08-03-2011 08:42 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  
(08-03-2011 01:05 AM)marinek9 Wrote:  In 2008 I broke the Massachusetts State Bench Press Record and still hold that title today.

Glad to be here!!

What is the record? Wink Welcome!!

Raw 242lb class 460LBS

Thanks for asking Smile
09-03-2011, 11:38 PM
RE: Ron from Boston
(09-03-2011 10:14 PM)marinek9 Wrote:  Raw 242lb class 460LBS

Thanks for asking Smile

Dayum!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM

(09-03-2011 07:30 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Welcome guys! Also in Texas here, but I'm not a Texan. Wink

Color me jealous. Wink
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
(10-03-2011 01:35 PM)Roscoe Wrote:  
(09-03-2011 07:30 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Welcome guys! Also in Texas here, but I'm not a Texan. Wink

Color me jealous. Wink

I'm a Yankee born. Some Texans can be a little resentful of me. Wink

11-03-2011, 03:40 PM

Rainbow RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi everyone
I'm 16 (17 soon) and I'm kind of new to this whole not-believing-thing. I used to be a very devoted Christian up until I was 12. I am now proud to be one of the smart ones (atheists). When I first, well I don't really know what the expression is so I'm going to use "came out of the closet", my family was shocked and every single one of them said that it is just a phase and that I'm way too young to make a decision like that (to not believe), they were certain that I'll believe again one day. Some of you probably agree with them and I really don't care if you do. I know what I do and do not believe in. I'm newly registered so I decided to introduce myself.
11-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:that I'm way too young to make a decision like that (to not believe), they were certain that I'll believe again one day. Some of you probably agree with them and I really don't care if you do.
You're not too young. You're just too old for religion.

Wellcomes!

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
11-03-2011, 05:48 PM
(11-03-2011 03:40 PM)Blue_red Wrote:  every single one of them said that it is just a phase and that I'm way too young to make a decision like that (to not believe), they were certain that I'll believe again one day.

Let see. You became an atheist because you decided to think. So by what they are saying is "as you get older you will stop thinking and start believing again". Maybe they should admit that, when it comes to religion, they didn't even start to think.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
12-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Hello all!

I guess I'll just jump right into my introduction.

I am 20 years old and from Houston, I've been honest with my Atheism for 4ish years, and TTA's videos have been a great inspiration during my deconversion for the past few years, but I haven't had many fellow atheists to speak to about atheism, only my closest friend and boyfriend, but I think they're getting tired of me talking about it. Tongue
So I'm glad I finally found this forum so that I might have more people to actively discuss things with.
I hope I can be able to remain active here.
12-03-2011, 03:23 PM

Going to church 3 times a week as a school kid, I realized when I was 12 that the only thing keeping adults and children in line was the fear of god, burning in hell, wrath of the lord and stuff. Everyone would succumb to their human nature once in a while, hurting others. But only the church goers repented, and continuously tried to be better people.

Other folks got away with their crimes, for there was no omniscient, omnipresent omnipotent being to see them wherever they went and administer justice.

What's to prevent crime in the US these days? The Fear of CSI? Big Brother and his cameras? Well, people get away with crimes all the time. The smart ones simply wear a mask, use a stolen car, wipe fingerprints, and clean the scene.

Others run you over with their car and say, "He just ran out in front of me, there was nothing I could do!" And you're a bit too dead to refute the other guys' story.

Jesus was a humanist surrounded by angry Arabs and Jews. He preached the same stuff atheists preach (love your enemy, love your neighbor, charity out the wazoo, turn the other cheek, tolerance for all peoples, forgiveness).

This totally flew in the face of Judaism and Arabs' sense of justice. He had BALLS. He was also smart enough to know you need the wrath of god to keep folks inline, so he embedded his message in Judaism, even though it was contrary to the Old Testament.

I recommend being a closet atheists until such times as we have DNA detectors floating around everywhere to prevent crimes.
Thread Closed