Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
10-01-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
All-but-48 year old male here. Skeptical agnostic. Organized religion never made sense to me. Shopped various religions trying to find something that made sense with my beliefs and SURPRISE! none of them did. At first I labeled myself as an atheist but after contemplation realized I certainly didn't have all the answers. I mean, I can't wrap my brain around concepts like infinite space and all the planets out there, so just shrug my shoulders and say "I don't know" which makes me more of an agnostic. Either way, I don't fit into the world the Believers live in. Married to a wonderful woman who is a Believer because she was raised that way and refuses to question. We've agreed to disagree on the subject.
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 08:55 PM
(10-01-2013 08:38 PM)ddavidv Wrote:  All-but-48 year old male here. Skeptical agnostic. Organized religion never made sense to me. Shopped various religions trying to find something that made sense with my beliefs and SURPRISE! none of them did. At first I labeled myself as an atheist but after contemplation realized I certainly didn't have all the answers. I mean, I can't wrap my brain around concepts like infinite space and all the planets out there, so just shrug my shoulders and say "I don't know" which makes me more of an agnostic. Either way, I don't fit into the world the Believers live in. Married to a wonderful woman who is a Believer because she was raised that way and refuses to question. We've agreed to disagree on the subject.

Welcome aboard.

There can't be enough 48 year old Davids here, I reckon.

Smile

10-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi I'm an ardent atheist from Scotland, looking forward to contributing to this forum
[+] 1 user Likes Craig's post
10-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Hello All,

I am a 25 year old civil engineer, from England. Have only recently started down the civil engineering career, due to swapping degrees from architecture to engineering.

I am an Atheist and have been so for my whole life. I was raised in a mainly Christian family, and they were all fine with my beliefs. No hard feelings or attempted conversions etc.

Looking forward to participating in discussion Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Lorentz's post
11-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Hi i'm Derek, i'm a 20 year old atheist in tennessee. I started out skeptical and was converted to christianity for around 4 years. Eventually the apologitics stopped making sense and I stopped believing it a year ago. now I attempt to help those in my small community understand what it is that they worship and Seth's videos and podcasts have been very helpful with that.
11-01-2013, 12:49 AM
A Scotsman, an Englishman and American ...

Is this some kinda joke?

Welcome Craig, Lorentz and Derek.

Have fun.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-01-2013, 02:34 AM
...in walks another scotsman and the bartender says [insert joke here].

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
11-01-2013, 04:27 AM
Hi,
I'm Kevin from the UK. I'm 44 years old. I have two grown up children and four grandkids. I was brought up roman catholic, went through all of the brainwashing rituuals they had on offer, but , fortunately, my mum and dad never pressed religion onto me. I was given the oportunity to make my own decisions . So the first thing i did was decide myself right out of going to church every sunday. I always thought about things and the bibble never made sense to me. I made the decision when my kids were little to raise them as freethinkers and to always ask questions, which they do now as men. I intend to repeat this with my grandkids and make sure when they don't believe in Santa any more that the idea of god,jesus and pixies doesn't linger. I've been listening to Seth for a few months now, and quickly became a fan.

Speak to you all soon. Regards

Kev
11-01-2013, 05:19 AM
(10-01-2013 08:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  There can't be enough 48 year old Davids here, I reckon.
You reckon wrong. One must go Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
11-01-2013, 05:36 AM
(11-01-2013 05:19 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 08:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  There can't be enough 48 year old Davids here, I reckon.

You reckon wrong. One must go Dodgy

Ok. Then let it be me... in 4 weeks.

Thread Closed