Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
20-01-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone!! I'm a 33 year old male from North Carolina and I am proud to be an atheist. It's somewhat challenging to be an atheist where I'm from because every freakin' corner has a church on it and I don't know how many times I have been told I am going to hell. I am hoping this is a great place to have good conversation with like minded people who are intelligent and fun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes QuestionEverything's post
20-01-2013, 07:46 PM
(20-01-2013 06:52 PM)QuestionEverything Wrote:  Hello everyone!! I'm a 33 year old male from North Carolina and I am proud to be an atheist. It's somewhat challenging to be an atheist where I'm from because every freakin' corner has a church on it and I don't know how many times I have been told I am going to hell. I am hoping this is a great place to have good conversation with like minded people who are intelligent and fun.
Welcome!

And that sounds exactly like my area... Sometimes it's hard to remember that the whole world isn't completely like that, when your surrounded by it 24/7.

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
20-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Hi all,

I don't join forums but I liked the look of this one and it is my kind of ungodly place.

Hopefully get exposed to some new ideas here and maybe find some new sources of knowledge.

I'm old enough to know I am not wise - or over 50 if you insist!

I'm English and gave up religion when I was about 9. Since then I have attended for hatchings, matchings and dispatchings and to look at the architecture and history.

I read voraciously and seem to be able to retain quite a bit. I strive always to get to the original source of a statement or internet factoid.

I'm intelligent enough to know that I do not know a lot - but when you have been around a while some of the knowledge is bound to stick.
So i thought it would exercise my brain and perhaps entertain and educate others if I tried my hand at creating Youtube videos.

I am always looking for a different angle to try to engage people - there's a million hours of video on Youtube for me to compete against.
I have had a go at a few creationists and done a little science stuff - specifically on the various dating techniques.

I did have the idea to do an Bible Science Encyclopedia, which would be fun and expose the absurdities of the Bible.
But when I started to read the Bible again, from page one, I realised the size of the task.
And so I have started a series looking at the Bible verse by verse.
I am no expert but hope at least to give a perspective and encourage others to learn more for themselves.

Thanks for reading this far

http://www.youtube.com/user/Baud2Bits
20-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Hello,

I'm Kori; just another face in the crowd really with the general interests (sports, music, movies) and not a lot of free time for hobbies. My family's religious background influenced and shaped my current views and beliefs/non-beliefs. My dads side of the family is Roman Catholic, my moms is Buddhist and my mother is an atheist. Looking back on my childhood and teenage years, I always had a tendency to question the existence of God and the truth in the bible. While my fathers side of the family wouldn't exactly encourage such questioning, my mother wouldn't encourage it either. My mom instilled my exploration of all religions and while I've always been curious and fascinated with religion and theology; I've also questioned more than a few aspects.

Anyway, I do look forward to being here amongst like minded people.

Kori
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Wassup forumers...I'm just me, nothing interesting, but I'm excited to have a place to vent. I only have a couple of nontheist friends and they don't see the importance of being vocal about it...opening eyes and whatnot. I'd love to live in a thinking world so here's my start. Wooo!
[+] 2 users Like homohabitemytoung's post
21-01-2013, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2013 09:49 PM by homohabitemytoung.)
And yea, I misspelled tongue...its bedtime and I'm medicated, not stupid:-D anyone know how to change it, I'd appreciate the help.
21-01-2013, 09:52 PM
(21-01-2013 09:46 PM)homohabitemytoung Wrote:  And yea, I misspelled tongue...its bedtime and I'm medicated, not stupid:-D anyone know how to change it, I'd appreciate the help.
Are you asking to have your name changed?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-01-2013, 08:34 AM
So many new play things!

Welcome everyone.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-01-2013, 08:45 AM
(22-01-2013 08:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So many new play things!

Welcome everyone.
Shocking

RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! It's too late for us... but you can SAVE yourselves ! With Jesus ™
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-01-2013, 09:01 AM
(22-01-2013 08:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So many new play things!

Welcome everyone.

Now now, KC.

You can play with them later. Surely there is work to be done right about now?

As for the new people.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.