Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
02-02-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(02-01-2013 11:02 PM)smidgen Wrote:  And If I hear one more of them, even though I love them all dearly, tell me they are going to pray for my soul I think my head is going to explode.
Love that line!
Welcome Smidgen. I have a passion for photography as well.
Keep clam, carry on.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 03:57 PM
(30-01-2013 07:13 PM)incorrectuserid Wrote:  Hello All,

I am Larry, a 60 year old male in Chico, CA. I was raised in an assortment of faith traditions, but really gave up any thought of religion after an xmas visit to a
catholic church. The image of so much pomp, circumstance, gold and begging for more was offputting to say the least. I have only begun to embrace the non- religious community in the last 5 years or so. I enjoy searching out new atheist oriented podcasts which I listen to while I work. TTA is one of my favorites, leading to my being here now.

Welcome. [attachment=1077]

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
02-02-2013, 04:06 PM
(30-01-2013 01:41 PM)rmc5050 Wrote:  I'm a Canadian, a lifelong skeptic, and a recently dec0nverted atheist. I have my own blog, "Really?!", which you can read at www.rmc5050.wordpress.com . It includes (or will include) everything from foglights, bad service, atheism and Solstice to the education system and teenagers.

Good to be here.
Welcome, eh!
I'm having sparks going off in my head when you describe yourself as a "deconverted atheist". Converted Atheist isn't right either since we don't convert anyone into anything. "Deconverted Christian/Jew/Muslim" sounds more better, more best, bestest, never mind.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
(02-02-2013 04:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 01:41 PM)rmc5050 Wrote:  I'm a Canadian, a lifelong skeptic, and a recently dec0nverted atheist. I have my own blog, "Really?!", which you can read at www.rmc5050.wordpress.com . It includes (or will include) everything from foglights, bad service, atheism and Solstice to the education system and teenagers.

Good to be here.
Welcome, eh!
I'm having sparks going off in my head when you describe yourself as a "deconverted atheist". Converted Atheist isn't right either since we don't convert anyone into anything. "Deconverted Christian/Jew/Muslim" sounds more better, more best, bestest, never mind.

I just call us convicts. Evil_monster

Breathing - it's more art than science.
02-02-2013, 08:01 PM
hi my name is nate i am a 16 y/o male ive been an atheist for about 2 years for the last 5 ive been questioning god and 2 years ago i finally said i am a atheist and there is no god
02-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Hey all...I'm a 16y/o American, raised Christian...but I have always been skeptical. In the past I have been to ashamed of my lack of faith to say anything....but I am finally starting to understand that there is nothing wrong with the pursuit of the truth...
Its good to be here.
03-02-2013, 06:20 AM
(02-02-2013 11:35 PM)Tathar Wrote:  Hey all...I'm a 16y/o American, raised Christian...but I have always been skeptical. In the past I have been to ashamed of my lack of faith to say anything....but I am finally starting to understand that there is nothing wrong with the pursuit of the truth...
Its good to be here.

Welcome. Don't ever be ashamed of thinking. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-02-2013, 06:46 AM
(02-02-2013 08:01 PM)shookey56 Wrote:  hi my name is nate i am a 16 y/o male ive been an atheist for about 2 years for the last 5 ive been questioning god and 2 years ago i finally said i am a atheist and there is no god
Welcome. I'm always amazed at how young some of you are (in comparison to how old I am). Come look around, lots of very smart, compassionate and interesting people in here.

03-02-2013, 07:21 AM
I am from India. I never believed in Religion. Actually, I became an atheist at a very young age. I was like 12 then. My community is full of people of different people and all they do is to fight and kill each other. Racism is much higher than anywhere, though it is not open-hatred. Wealth is not equally distributed, justice is a proprietary object of rich people. 3% of population having 40% of wealth. My question is, if I have created this world, would I had messed up things like this? Never. So don't leave the planet for the sake of someone who doesn't exist! DIY, make a Change! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Codename.WiAx's post
03-02-2013, 07:35 AM
(03-02-2013 07:21 AM)Codename.WiAx Wrote:  I am from India. I never believed in Religion. Actually, I became an atheist at a very young age. I was like 12 then. My community is full of people of different people and all they do is to fight and kill each other. Racism is much higher than anywhere, though it is not open-hatred. Wealth is not equally distributed, justice is a proprietary object of rich people. 3% of population having 40% of wealth. My question is, if I have created this world, would I had messed up things like this? Never. So don't leave the planet for the sake of someone who doesn't exist! DIY, make a Change! Smile

Welcome, I like your attitude. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user