Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
05-02-2013, 09:28 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(05-02-2013 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 08:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, come on. It means they become non-virgins. Dodgy
Oh, I thought we'd done that joke...

Joke? Consider

What joke? Huh

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2013, 09:32 AM
(05-02-2013 09:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh, I thought we'd done that joke...

Joke? Consider

What joke? Huh
You. Both of you. And several others. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
06-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Hello
My name is Andre and I'm from Namibia, Africa. I've been a skeptic and agnostic for a few years. The final nail in my religions coffin was a few months ago when I went to a male christian camp with a few friends. Becouse of my architectural background I saw through their lies. I did some research there after on cults and realized that any religion and church is also just that. A cult. Using the same brainwashing techniques. I am free now, though it's still hard on the family and friends. They just don't want to believe (he he) me.
[+] 1 user Likes Upcycle Namibia's post
06-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Welcome Upcycle Smile I'm in SA, Joburg, never been to Nam... You into bikes then ?
06-02-2013, 09:04 AM
(31-01-2013 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 10:36 AM)Seppela Wrote:  Hello everyone,

My name's Coen, I'm a 23 year old student from the Netherlands. I cannot exactly remember at what age I decided that for me believing in any god did not work and was unfounded but as time progressed I have only seen confirmation of atheism.

Currently I'm doing a Masters study in Dutch language and culture which will hopefully also get me a teacher's degree. And I figure that's about it.
You and my son have the same name except we spelled it the traditional way (with an "h").
That's nice to hear! Though my name is not pronounced "Cohen", the "oe" is pronounced as you would the "ou" in "you". It's a Dutch thing, I reckon.
06-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Hello all. I'm From Baltimore, MD and was raised under a strict Catholic Grandmother. I always had doubt, but it wasn't intil my teens that I started to not believe. At first I think I was an Atheist just to rebel against everything and piss off other family and neighbors. At the age 16 I started getting in trouble and getting arrrested, Nothing major, shop lifting, vandalism most the time. It was at this time that I realized that my life was going nowhere and thought I needed to get god back into it. Figured that if I tried hard enough my doubts would go away and god would show me the way( I feel embarrassed just writing that.) So I started praying and reading the bible a lot. The more I read, and the more I studied god the more I found him foolish. The bible made no sense, and even if it were real, god was a monster that I wanted nothing to do with. It was at that point that I decided once and for all that I can get my young life together without god. It was the search for god that got me away for from god, and I never looked back sense.
[+] 2 users Like Baltiman's post
06-02-2013, 07:32 PM
(06-02-2013 11:57 AM)Baltiman Wrote:  Hello all. I'm From Baltimore, MD and was raised under a strict Catholic Grandmother. I always had doubt, but it wasn't intil my teens that I started to not believe. At first I think I was an Atheist just to rebel against everything and piss off other family and neighbors. At the age 16 I started getting in trouble and getting arrrested, Nothing major, shop lifting, vandalism most the time. It was at this time that I realized that my life was going nowhere and thought I needed to get god back into it. Figured that if I tried hard enough my doubts would go away and god would show me the way( I feel embarrassed just writing that.) So I started praying and reading the bible a lot. The more I read, and the more I studied god the more I found him foolish. The bible made no sense, and even if it were real, god was a monster that I wanted nothing to do with. It was at that point that I decided once and for all that I can get my young life together without god. It was the search for god that got me away for from god, and I never looked back sense.

Howdy howdy ho. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif] Girly's just a hop, skip and a jump away near College Park, MD.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
07-02-2013, 02:53 PM
hello all. im a 20 year old college student and while i have loved the thinking atheist for a long time i have not gotten into the whole forum thing before. im looking forward to talking to a bunch of like minded people and maybe making some new friends
[+] 1 user Likes blackwell's post
07-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Hello everyone, I'm a twenty-seven years old member of the Canadian Army, been doing it for ten years (only fifteen to go, hahaha!) and loving it!

I was raised in a typical French-Canadian family (read: Catholic) and was forced to attend church as a child every Sunday as well as taking Catholicism in school instead of "moral studies" (kinda like an ethics course) until I was a teenager and my parents gave me the choice. Even as a young child, I never took religion seriously and never "got" it.

I'm a relative newcomer to the skeptical/atheist movement, I've always held the positions I currently do (religion is baseless, pseudosciences too) but didn't know there was such a huge community out there! I started with books then "The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe" and then other blogs, podcasts and websites. I started to get involved with Centre for Inquiry (CFI) a little while ago but can't participate as much as I'd want to since I live a bit far from Montréal (where my branch is located). However I participate in the online discussions and have attended a talk by Nate Phelps (estranged son of Wesboro Baptist Church crazyman Fred Phelps), and photographed it. It was a great experience and I hope to have many more, either with them or other like-minded groups of individuals.

Aside from my career, atheism and skepticism, I do a bunch of stuff to keep busy including hiking, camping, blogging as "Skeptical Bully" (but a good kind of bully) and the love of my life: Photography. It's just a hobby but I take it, like everything else I enjoy, very seriously and so I try to take every opportunity to do it. I hope to one day be able to use it to further causes I care greatly about like atheism and the associated social issues (religious bigotry, etc).

Apostate (Catholicism)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Hi there to all the newbies this week.
Good to have you here.
Canadia, Africa, Hollandia... Aren't we the eclectic bunch?
Welcome aboard the board.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post