Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
12-02-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello all!

I'm a 23 year old "recovering" Catholic. I only very recently started accepting what I don't believe- what I haven't believed for a very, very long time. I'm also a chemistry graduate student, set to defend my master's thesis and become an official doctoral candidate in about a month! I have two birds and an amazing lover and best friend, who I couldn't have gotten this far without.

Here's hoping I make some new friends here, and gather support for what's going to be a bumpy ride as I further come to terms with my lack of God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 03:51 PM
(12-02-2013 03:09 PM)FlightedChemist Wrote:  Hello all!

I'm a 23 year old "recovering" Catholic. I only very recently started accepting what I don't believe- what I haven't believed for a very, very long time. I'm also a chemistry graduate student, set to defend my master's thesis and become an official doctoral candidate in about a month! I have two birds and an amazing lover and best friend, who I couldn't have gotten this far without.

Here's hoping I make some new friends here, and gather support for what's going to be a bumpy ride as I further come to terms with my lack of God.
Welcome.
What branch of chemistry? I was a fan of physical chemistry back in uni.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2013, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 06:13 PM by Hughsie.)
Quote:Welcome.
What branch of chemistry? I was a fan of physical chemistry back in uni.

Definitely not physical chemistry! I'm an analytical chemist, with a dash a chemical biology and synthesis thrown in for shits and giggles. Physical chemistry is not my favorite.
12-02-2013, 05:59 PM
I've tried to buy it- I really, really have. Life would be easier if I believed.
But I just can't. And I don't. I'm an atheist.
Glad I'm here.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 2 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
12-02-2013, 10:41 PM
I don't know a lot about real atheism, nor do I personally know many who profess to be atheists. I hope to learn more from this site.
13-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Okay, so i was browsing my posts, and realized something.

Good people! I have missed my introduction! (name the reference and i'll give you a cookie)

I'm Likos (Greek for wolf, altho I'm not greek, nor a wolf), and I'm from SoCal. I'm active duty Air Force, for the last 3 years and hopefully 17 more (as a note, I'm required to state that my views are not the views of the govt or the Air force). I'm married, have 1 handsome boy, and we are an Atheist family situated right in the middle of two christian ones. I also dabble in medieval history, and Hockey, when I'm not working or reading.

I'm also known on the internet as Gwarrar, or Gwarrar02 if you play xbox. If you know me, or would like to, send me a message!

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
13-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Welcome, welcome, to all the recent new members.
Quite an influx recently.

Praise be!

(11-02-2013 05:34 PM)DevilsFan Wrote:  ...
I just hope to instill the good things about Christianity (love for people, forgiveness, mercy, etc.)

But I couldn't let this pass by.

I think you'll find that those virtues are claimed to be Islamic, Buddhist etc etc. (if you get my drift).

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-02-2013, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2013 04:15 PM by kingschosen.)
Hey guys!
I'm a 19 year-old university student who is looking for enlightenment about some kind of religions. I'm closer deism than ateism, but i take a bright view of ateism. Because, in my opinion, knowledge can be in any place, and it should be reached. So i want to learn about what your thoughts are, what mine exactly are and what is more logical in that system.

We have all good and bad sides inside us. But what we are comes from our choices and attitudes.
13-02-2013, 08:33 AM
this is one site were you get to uncover the truth about the world,man i was blind all this years no wonder the tooth fairy never came...
13-02-2013, 09:39 AM
(13-02-2013 08:33 AM)mbonice Wrote:  this is one site were you get to uncover the truth about the world,man i was blind all this years no wonder the tooth fairy never came...

You just weren't wishing hard enough!

Welcome aboard our truth machine.