Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
13-02-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
i am not good at introductions i am an atheist and i "gave up" religion at the young age of 6 years. i am currently engaged and have a kid on the way my fiance is scared that the kid will become an atheist, even though i am the only atheist in my family.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 10:59 AM
(13-02-2013 10:35 AM)littleHEATHEN Wrote:  i am not good at introductions i am an atheist and i "gave up" religion at the young age of 6 years. i am currently engaged and have a kid on the way my fiance is scared that the kid will become an atheist, even though i am the only atheist in my family.
Welcome.

I take it that your fiance is not an atheist?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Hello! I'm a 23 year old college student living in Buffalo, NY. I'm majoring in Business Administration - Management Information Systems and I work part time at a giant retailer as an electronics goon.

I was raised as a catholic, but my faith disappeared over my teenage years and now I'm a pretty vocal atheist.

One of my new year's resolutions was to work on being healthier and the other one was to try and write more. Neither one really got moving until the start of this month so perhaps I should've added procrastination to the list. I'm hoping to find other people maintaining personal blogs in the hopes of sharing and encouraging each other.

My Budding Blog
13-02-2013, 03:56 PM
(13-02-2013 10:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 10:35 AM)littleHEATHEN Wrote:  i am not good at introductions i am an atheist and i "gave up" religion at the young age of 6 years. i am currently engaged and have a kid on the way my fiance is scared that the kid will become an atheist, even though i am the only atheist in my family.
Welcome.

I take it that your fiance is not an atheist?
no she is a seventh day adventist. to her the bible is literal (but she picks and chooses mostly)
13-02-2013, 04:21 PM
(13-02-2013 03:53 PM)skepticismandsprinkles Wrote:  Hello! I'm a 23 year old college student living in Buffalo, NY. I'm majoring in Business Administration - Management Information Systems and I work part time at a giant retailer as an electronics goon.

I was raised as a catholic, but my faith disappeared over my teenage years and now I'm a pretty vocal atheist.

One of my new year's resolutions was to work on being healthier and the other one was to try and write more. Neither one really got moving until the start of this month so perhaps I should've added procrastination to the list. I'm hoping to find other people maintaining personal blogs in the hopes of sharing and encouraging each other.
Welcome. I'd hold off on the procrastination, though. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-02-2013, 06:33 PM
(11-02-2013 08:30 PM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  Hi my name is Tony. I live in rural PA. New to atheism, I come from being a Born-Again Christian for 21 years. So I guess I would be a Born-Again-Again atheist.
All you are doing is reverting back to the default position of non-belief which most of us here hold. Welcome.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
13-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi All. I hadn't labeled myself as an atheist until I started reading Hawking, Dawkins and Krauss! I was raised Catholic, and found the stories ridiculous even back in Sunday School. Which of course didn't go over well with the parents. I had to go through the motions until my confirmation, and the next day I informed my mom that I was done! No mas!

I've called myself an agnostic in the past, I think more to hedge my bet, so to speak. Ridiculous, but it is what it is!
13-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Greetings, I am a 51 year old who followed religion (raised Roman Catholic) but never really believed. I am grateful to find like minded people ,
13-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Greetings, fellow heathens!

Tim here. I'm a 39-ish expat American living in Norway for 12 years now. I came from a fundamentalist past, with a life similar (though much shorter) to those within the Clergy Project.

I've turned into a geek by every right, though those things that are commonly-geeky or popular are not necessarily among my favorite things.

~ Question everything, even that which may seem true.
14-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Hello All!

This is my first message here. I've been listening to the podcast for over a year but haven't been on the website much before now. I grew up in Southern Baptist territory, though my family never identified with a specific denomination. I came to the realization that I was no longer a Christian about 14 years ago. Though I can't pinpoint an exact moment of when my disposition changed; it died away slowly.

I joined this forum because I have some thoughts to share and was seeking a place in which to share them without being immediately labeled as an out-group member that who needs to be silenced.