Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
23-02-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am a non-recovering psittaholic. In 2004 I took in an umbrella cockatoo, Chloe, and it was the start of a new life for me. Prior to that I was just your average computer repairman going from door to door. Now I live in a place surrounded by parrots and cockatoos and I spend almost every penny I make in my computer business rescuing, rehabilitating, and re-homing these amazing and intelligent dinosaurs.

Contrary to popular opinion, an atheist can dedicate their lives to helping others. I'm sure most of you are aware of this.

I started listing to Seth's podcasts recently. Usually I do this while I'm cleaning cages cooking food for birds and that kind of thing. I just thought I'd poke my nose in and say hi.

Don and the flock at the Chloe Sanctuary for Parrots and Cockatoos.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm not going to bother sharing my deconversion story now. People will just call it BS like they do everything else I share.
Find all posts by this user
23-02-2013, 08:01 PM
(23-02-2013 07:55 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I'm not going to bother sharing my deconversion story now. People will just call it BS like they do everything else I share.

Please try to understand the difference between suggestions and criticism.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-02-2013, 03:28 AM
I'm a theist. I like to debate the existence of and nature of God. I figure this might be a good place to do it. I would like to present some arguments so that you peoples can poke hole in them. I generally will not try to debate the validity or truthfulness of any particular religion. That doesn't mean I won't call people out if I think they make some errant conclusions about some religious beliefs.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
24-02-2013, 05:03 AM
(23-02-2013 07:55 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I'm not going to bother sharing my deconversion story now. People will just call it BS like they do everything else I share.

I wanna hear it. ... I promise not to call bullshit.

This is not my signature.
24-02-2013, 06:51 AM
(24-02-2013 03:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm a theist. I like to debate the existence of and nature of God. I figure this might be a good place to do it. I would like to present some arguments so that you peoples can poke hole in them. I generally will not try to debate the validity or truthfulness of any particular religion. That doesn't mean I won't call people out if I think they make some errant conclusions about some religious beliefs.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to start a thread on you theistic belief(s) and be prepared for lively responses.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-02-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2013 11:40 AM by Lienda Bella.)
(23-02-2013 08:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Please try to understand the difference between suggestions and criticism.
*takes deep breath, trying to be patient*
24-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Hello.

I'm 43-years-old. I'm African-American and live in the Pacific Northwest. I have been a skeptic for ages. I never truly believed in the Bible from the time I read a few pages of it as a child in the single digits. Social and family pressure can be tough, though. I moved on to Paganism and 'agnosticism' as last ditch effort to talk myself into believing something supernatural. I finally admitted out loud that no, I don't feel the 'energy'. I'm finally giving myself permission to grow and learn and use my brain.

While there hasn't been a LOT of negativity due to my atheism here, there's a LOT of 'woo' and I would love to have folks to talk to in person.

I'm so glad that both Seth and this site exist.
[+] 1 user Likes ZenEris5's post
24-02-2013, 04:32 PM
(24-02-2013 05:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I wanna hear it. ... I promise not to call bullshit.
Weeping Pahh.. I'm sorry, everyone! Anyway, some of it is in the crazy section. I wasn't an intellegant youth, regardless. Some parts of my experiance sound like troll. Some other posts I make about the internet look like troll to, because my essay skills are not good, apparently.

Crickets
24-02-2013, 04:33 PM
(24-02-2013 12:26 PM)ZenEris5 Wrote:  Hello.

I'm 43-years-old. I'm African-American and live in the Pacific Northwest. I have been a skeptic for ages. I never truly believed in the Bible from the time I read a few pages of it as a child in the single digits. Social and family pressure can be tough, though. I moved on to Paganism and 'agnosticism' as last ditch effort to talk myself into believing something supernatural. I finally admitted out loud that no, I don't feel the 'energy'. I'm finally giving myself permission to grow and learn and use my brain.

While there hasn't been a LOT of negativity due to my atheism here, there's a LOT of 'woo' and I would love to have folks to talk to in person.

I'm so glad that both Seth and this site exist.
Hello. Tongue

Crickets