Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
25-02-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 09:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-02-2013 04:32 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 05:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I wanna hear it. ... I promise not to call bullshit.
Weeping Pahh.. I'm sorry, everyone! Anyway, some of it is in the crazy section. I wasn't an intellegant youth, regardless. Some parts of my experiance sound like troll. Some other posts I make about the internet look like troll to, because my essay skills are not good, apparently.

Edited to remove my idiocy.

"The reality of external objects does not admit of strict proof. On the contrary, however, the reality of the object of our internal sense (of myself and state) is clear immediately through consciousness." - Kant
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 06:10 AM
My name is Wayne. I am 22 years old, I live in Texas. I am in the marine corps and found this site by complete accident after not being able to sleep all night.
26-02-2013, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 07:20 AM by Lienda Bella.)
'confused' You didn't do anything to me. I was a stupid child, and it's simply a fact that I live with. (Not extreme, but still something they had to tolerate.) I'm now 34, and need to get off to examine my first impression skills. :/

:| What's the point in effort again?
26-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey everybody! My first visit here. I'm a married guy living in the Pacific Northwest. I've been reading LOTS of "atheist" books the past seven or so years, including all the famous ones ( Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens...) and then some. In this period I also discovered Robert Ingersoll, so much that I bought a complete set of his Works and he is my new hero. What a brilliant man he was. And what a crime he is such an obscure figure in American history.
My wife is not much in my way of thinking. She was raised Lutheran and as an adult she has not been a church member for many years. She and I agree on most things in life, but this Atheist stuff leaves here cold. She will not touch it, will not even crack open any of the books I've been devouring. SO this has been a challenge!
27-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm a 26 year old male, I'm married to my beautiful wife and we have 2 daughters with a 3rd due in a month. We were both raised Mormon in Salt Lake City, Utah, but stopped attending regularly around the age of 15. After some "soul" searching we realized recently that neither of us believe what we were raised to believe and that we are in fact atheists. It has been an amazing revelation and has even improved our relationship. I have told my dad and my brother, both still Mormon, and they were loving and understanding, but I feel like I could never tell my mom. She converted to Mormonism after marrying my dad and believes that atheism is horrible because my asshole uncle happens to be an atheist. I look forward to getting involved with a "enlightened", "free-thinking" society.

-Aaron
28-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Hello. I'm new here. I might not be too vocal, but I'll be around, like!

Good health to you all.

Phil.
28-02-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm a teenage male living in Canada in devoutly religious family, I've just escaped from my faith almost a year ago, I'm an open atheist, I usually have to explain my atheism but I do not push it on others
28-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Brick RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Oh cool. A lego block icon. Awesome. Cool

This is my first visit to the website and/or forum! I've been listening to the podcasts for about 8 months or so -- they're a great way to spend my morning commute or work day. I've been a non-theist since my early teens but it wasn't until I had a friend call me an atheist about 5 years ago that I embraced the label. Sort of. There are some very obnoxious individuals that tote that label -- at least in my local area.

Le'see... what other nifty stuff...

I live in the southwest US, specifically Arizona, I'm just about to tick over to 27 years, and at some point I'd enjoy getting back to university to finish my education in astronomy. Stupid economy and mumble and garble.

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
01-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Greetings, I am Michael. I am 26, male and live in the states
01-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Smile RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Greetings from Sweden!
I'm Daniel, born -90 and serve in the military. I'm looking forward to joining the community! Smile