Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
02-03-2013, 01:37 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi.

Just to get started I'll explain my username. f-stop is a photographic term which is kind of technical and I won't try to explain it here. Obviously I'm a photographer (amateur).

PM says my first post has to get past a moderator and that's what this post is for. More about me later.

Bye.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
02-03-2013, 03:34 AM
(02-03-2013 01:37 AM)f stop Wrote:  Hi.

Just to get started I'll explain my username. f-stop is a photographic term which is kind of technical and I won't try to explain it here. Obviously I'm a photographer (amateur).

PM says my first post has to get past a moderator and that's what this post is for. More about me later.

Bye.
Goddamn it! How'd that get past me ? Welcome to the forums d00d Tongue
02-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm a retired IT geek. I've always been kinda skeptical. I was raised by nominal (rarely going to church) Lutheran parents and by about age 11, I was pretty much convinced that it was all BS.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes ufo42's post
02-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Bye.

f-stop, head on over to the photography thread and start posting some images!

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
02-03-2013, 01:00 PM
(26-02-2013 06:10 AM)wayned123 Wrote:  My name is Wayne. I am 22 years old, I live in Texas. I am in the marine corps and found this site by complete accident after not being able to sleep all night.
Welcome and thank you for your service to our country!

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
02-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Bye.
Ok. It's later.

I'm 68 years old, male, Caucasian,
U.S. citizen, married(43 years), four children, three grandsons, one great grandson.

I ride a 50cc motor scooter as my main set of wheels.

Education: master's degree, physics and mathematics. Career as a scientist, engineer, mathematician and computer programmer. Retired. With that resume I think it's fair to say I'm no stranger to logic.

Hobbies: amateur radio, photography, amateur actor currently rehearsing The Taming of the Shrew (I'm playing Gremio).

I have a cat.

[+] 4 users Like f stop's post
02-03-2013, 06:06 PM
(02-03-2013 05:56 PM)f stop Wrote:  

Bye.
Ok. It's later.

U.S. citizen, married(43 years), four children, three grandsons, one great grandson.

Education: master's degree, physics and mathematics. Career as a scientist, engineer, mathematician and computer programmer. Retired. With that resume I think it's fair to say I'm no stranger to logic.

Hobbies: amateur radio, photography, amateur actor currently rehearsing The Taming of the Shrew (I'm playing Gremio).

I have a cat.

Welcome. Pleased to meet you.

Whereabouts do you reside?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
(02-03-2013 06:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 05:56 PM)f stop Wrote:  Ok. It's later.

I have a cat.

Welcome. Pleased to meet you.

Ohio, near Columbus.
02-03-2013, 07:20 PM
(02-03-2013 07:12 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 06:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome. Pleased to meet you.

Ohio, near Columbus.

You might be interested in the Photography thread that recently started.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Hello All....
As my "screen name" infers, I was born into and raised a roman catholic in a fine mid-western family with incredible parents and six siblings. Catholic school all the way thru first year of college (Univ. of Dayton - and no, I didn't finish there!).
I am "mature" (read: old), about to reach official (at least for the time being) retirement age, and found this site by listening to a "free thought" radio station interviewing Seth.
Am looking forward to discussions, thoughts, arguments, and fun!