Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
15-03-2013, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 06:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(15-03-2013 04:57 PM)AmericanWoman Wrote:  Hello Fellow Athiests!!!! I am an evolving atheist who spends time dispelling the myth permeated injustices of our society and laws! Mother of 5, grandmother of 5, I hope to be an example of truth and strength for my girls (yes, all girls) as they navigate an antiquated suppressed world. I spent 14 years studying theology, ancient history, latin, psychology as a former Latin Rite Catholic. Then I went beyond until I came to truth.

Welcome American Woman! ... think you'll fit in nicely here. Evil_monster

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-03-2013, 06:01 PM
(15-03-2013 05:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  HA HA HA I Love my theme song!!!!! Thank you for the welcome!
(15-03-2013 04:57 PM)AmericanWoman Wrote:  Hello Fellow Athiests!!!! I am an evolving atheist who spends time dispelling the myth permeated injustices of our society and laws! Mother of 5, grandmother of 5, I hope to be an example of truth and strength for my girls (yes, all girls) as they navigate an antiquated suppressed world. I spent 14 years studying theology, ancient history, latin, psychology as a former Latin Rite Catholic. Then I went beyond until I came to truth.

Welcome American Woman! ... think you'll fit in nicely here. Evil_monster

[font="Arial"]Ámê®ï©âñ¤WømåÑ
[/font]
15-03-2013, 06:03 PM
(15-03-2013 06:01 PM)AmericanWoman Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 05:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Welcome American Woman! ... think you'll fit in nicely here. Evil_monster

HA HA HA I Love my theme song!!!!! Thank you for the welcome!

There, that's better. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
15-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Gosh David, I can identify with that initial.... fear. What was so very good for me was studying more. Go back further. One thing I find most Christians don't do is study beyond their given religion. They see the world through the Bible only. For me, archaeology and history combined showed me there was a lot more going on in the world than just what scripture had to say. We were told not to read those things... all we needed to know was right in the scriptures. Its a control tactic. After spending years as a staunch apologist I find I am armed in a more profound way to combat ignorance. I guess my advice would be to study, study, study. Read the other histories of other cultures that shed a little more realistic view on what actually went on. Read about the people who made those decisions.....by their fruits do we really know them. Read about the statistics of how many priests/pastors who are unbelievers. But know this... you are going to be ok. Its ok.
(11-03-2013 11:00 AM)FeelHappiness Wrote:  Hi,

My real name is David and I'm 32 years old. When I was a child I always felt that I had a calling on my life to preach the gospel, I ran from that calling for 29 years but finally in 2009 I decided it was time stop running and fully follow God's plan. This lead me to do some serious study of the bible while preparing to go to seminar. Since I previously read Conservative Evangelical NT introductions, this time I got Raymond Brown's excellent NT introduction which was the first time I read any critical scholarship. At first I was shocked at the idea that perhaps the virgin birth didn't happen, or that Paul did actually write 1 & 2 Timothy, etc., but I was hooked, I continued to read these non-evangelical books (along with the conservative ones to counterbalance it). The critical scholarship ones made such sense, while the others had to rely on blind faith, slowly my faith eventually dwindled. By early 2011 my faith was on the ropes, but I somehow barely held on, hoping to fully come back to the fold with a stronger moe mature faith until I fully admitted to myself in Jan 2012 that I'm a non-theist (specifically rejecting the notion of an interventionist deity).

My close family (wife, parents, brother) knows of my apostasy (and they continually pray for my soul), but I've not told anyone else (I live in north texas and this isn't an easy thing to admit).

[font="Arial"]Ámê®ï©âñ¤WømåÑ
[/font]
15-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Hello. My name is Mike. I am 28 years old. I was brought up Catholic but from early on I said "wait a minute, this doesn't make any sense". I live in Chesterfield, Michigan.

What brings me here is that I am a recovering alcoholic. Yes, I do a LOT of 12 Step meetings. I have been sober for over 2 years now. However, since I do not believe in God, I find it difficult to talk to a lot of people. I continue to attend meetings regularly, but I find myself surrounded by what I would call "very simple minded people". Being an Atheist in recovery can get a bit lonely and I was hoping to cross paths with some people who have the same problem.
16-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone! I am nice to see this much people which thinks same with me. I am coming from Turkey. I can't speak English very well but i hope you will understand me. I am 17. When i first thinking of atheism i was 15. And I found the true way . Smile I was muslim until 13. Then i wanted to learn the other ideas and changed my religion to Christian. Because of their beautiful churchs and sculptures. Gothic is the best art, isn't it? It tempted. But finally i said : "I dont blieve in god. I can't see any reason for blieve. I saw all the people which blieves in god and they are not good. So i said my brain is stronger than the god. hahaSmile yeah i am here...with you... and i am happy. i know what i blieve and how i think. I am afraid of nothing. I am a good person because of nothing. I have no inference.

nice to meet you guys
[+] 2 users Like OliviaScarlettIsis's post
16-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Hello fellow non-beleivers!

My name is Matt I am a 23-year old college student currently working on a BFA in Theater with an emphasis on directing. I spend what little free time I have wrenching on my 1976 Mercury Cougar XR7 restoration project. I also love stock car racing and do my best to spend as many Friday and Saturday nights at the track as possible.

I came out as an atheist last year and though the community here at school is very accepting and open-minded my home town can be a struggle sometimes. Big fan of the show and look forward to being a member of these forums.

"To Seek a Life Useful"
Godless NASCAR Fan, Car Guy & 24/7 Theater Nerd
Director, Stage Manager, Actor, Stage Electrician
16-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Wow, haven't been to this thread in a while.

Welcome, my new pawns! Evil_monster

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-03-2013, 06:27 AM
JeffB Introduction
Hi, my names's Jeff. I live in the Berkshire in the United Kingdom.
I was born an atheist but owing to a unfortunate series of accidents: I was Christened without my consent; I was christened once more when I was about 4, again without my consent; I answered the call to 'give my heart to Jesus' when I was six y/o and too young to really understand what it was all about; in an attempt to please my parents I was baptized by full-immersion at our Pentecostal church when I was 12 y/o. By now I should have been captive for life, but fortunately, by the age of 14 I was born again. I honestly believe that I regained my atheist status due to an interest in science, particularly Astronomy. I have been a 'Devout' Atheist now for 43 years!
I look forward to hearing your views, and sharing my own.
Regards
JeffB
17-03-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: JeffB Introduction
(17-03-2013 06:27 AM)JeffB Wrote:  Hi, my names's Jeff. I live in the Berkshire in the United Kingdom.

As the old saying goes...
Berkshire born and Berkshire bred,
Strong in arm and thick in head.

Which bit of the royal county?

And... welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light. Dru Denizen 17 556 13-01-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Introduce Myself Nevillean 1 209 23-06-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: morondog
  [split] Introduce Yourself HERE! Thinking Mom's Letter thinkingmom 8 581 10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Last Post: viocjit
  Derailed :D[split] Introduce Yourself HERE! hylonome 81 3,889 27-08-2012 12:14 AM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Please allow me to introduce myself Caveman 12 723 29-03-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Can I Introduce Myself Video3tech 24 1,717 27-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
Big Grin Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself! justacityboy 24 2,605 26-05-2010 07:12 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever